430 - Sport Seats - Brackets and airbags | FerrariChat

430 Sport Seats - Brackets and airbags

Discussion in '360/430' started by colorfull, Nov 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Hey all. I just installed Sparco sport seats which raised the surface of the seat probably 1-2" which puts my eyeline at the top of the windshield. Seems there is no 'slide rail to floor' option for Sparco seats like F430 OEM. I am thinking of having a bracket made, or modified, so the center area of the bracket where the seats attach, is lowered.

Attached are pics of basically what is currently available, and a mocked up version with a dropped center.

Has anyone done this with success?

Also, on the passenger side, there is a small, I think 2pin, connector, which I presume is for the air bag and now with nothing attached to it, I have an 'AIR BAG' light on the dash. The dash indicator is not good, but worse, not sure if my passenger airbag will not work now? I'm thinking not as it doesn't detect any weight on the seat.

Anyone have any insights into this? i.e. how do I make sure my airbag is working, and how do I get the light off ? would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks all!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I'm also interested in this. If any one has insight to this would be appreciated. I'm looking for sports seats as well

colorfull likes this.
  3. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Has anyone installed these seats. I'm also trying to figure out why they sit so high. Thanks