sportbikes | Page 4 | FerrariChat

sportbikes

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by rob, Mar 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Thanks sherpa. I think it was you who said the 998 was the best Ducati thus far. I have to agree. Standard, "S" or "R"... 998 is the way to go. A friend of mine referred to the 749/999 as a brown trout and, well, I really couldn't argue.

I must say, though, as awesome as the 998cc engine is you wouldn't believe the difference that the larger bore/shorter stroke 999cc engine in the 998r or 999r makes. Until they offer a V-4 streetbike version of the Desmosedici... this is it for me.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I agree 100%. I just have a modified standard bike for street use. The race bike does have the 999cc engine (homologated for your 998R) and I know exactly what you're talking about. I might try and pick up and R in the next year or so.

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

when the 999 came out (wow is it ugly...reminds me a bit of the 58 t-bird...how did they change that 57 design?) allan cathcart rode the latest version of the 998 and did in fact say that it was w/o question the best ducati ever made. and in my not so humble opinion, the 916-998 is the only bike ever made that looks racier and sexier than the 888's.

on bst wheels...seems to be a nice product and has a life time guarantee. light weight wheels are the single most important performance mod that one can make on a scoot. rotating mass affects every facet of performance...braking, acceleration, cornering, and what everyone seems most impressed w/ ...rwhp.