Spotted a Ferrari in another movie | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spotted a Ferrari in another movie

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 96impalaSS, May 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian

Actually in one scene i noticed when Smith pulled up in the car at idle, they used a 550 or 575 with Tubi Exhaust. Anyone familiar with the exhaust note knows what i mean...it is a deep deep edgy rumble....beautiful and orgasmic...

But yes you are right the racing scenes in the movie were definately a 360 or 355.

-jt

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    For anyone else that is a Colombo fanatic, there have been a couple episodes that use a funky red/red 330 GTS! One episode even featured the car in quite a few scenes!

3. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I kid you not. It is not an actual one, but it is the Fairy Tale version of it.
    When they get to "Far Far Away" there is a carriage that rolls by that has the famous slits of a Testarossa. It is red even.

Tell me I'm not crazy :)
    Anyone else seen it.

4. spiderman360

spiderman360 Rookie

May 11, 2004
    Stuart, Fl
    what looked to be a 308 or 328. dark color, black or blue. wild movie for its time.

5. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    And speaking of Steve McQueen, a 275 GTS/4 plays a bit of a role in the original (1968) version of "The Thomas Crown Affair". (However, it's not as memorable as the most ... and possibly only ... seductive chess game in film history.)

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    You're not crazy, I saw that too. They are stopped at the light, and the TR-like carriage is going through on the cross street.

8. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Also in Bad Boys 2, I'm pretty sure they switch from a 550 to 575M. I think the first car shown with Will Smith is the 550 and the next is the 575 with the new 575 rims and red brake calipers.

9. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    who cares that is like the greatest scene and one of the greatest movies IMO

10. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I remember seeing a Red/Tan 328 GTS driven by a woman in an episode of Hunter in the late '80's.

11. FerrariTifoisi#1

FerrariTifoisi#1 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The bad boys 2 cars is crazy how they did it. the 550 was jerry b's car and the 575 was a gift to him from the studio for letting them use his car. The 550 was modified with 575 lamps to give it a more of a real effect so u wouldn't know the difference unless u know u'r Fcars, also on some scenes the 550 have 575 rims on it to give the same affect. Just on a side note...the scene in the movie where they are waiting for the haitians to make the drop on ML sis where WS burns out the car when they find out who it is, there is a panel of glass droped on the 575 that completey scratched the clear coat on top of the car what a mess. :(

Jason

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Heh-heh... I used to watch that on TV when I was a kid.

I've been trying to think of the name of another cop/PI show that took place in Texas. Guy with a mustache. Title had red and yellow letters. "Houston?" Anyone remember that one (ok, it was pretty forgettable, but its one of those things you try and try to remember)?

13. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    My favorite is an 80’s flick called “The Hidden”.

It begins like this.

Black 308 drives up to bank.

Man in trench coat gets out with shotguns in hand.

Man enters bank, Kills everything that moves and takes lots o money.

Man leaves bank and jumps into Black 308 speeding off.

Cops show up and the best damn car chase I’ve ever seen begins.

They total the car (A real 308 not a kit) by driving it through a park hitting wheel chair bound blue hairs, ducks and trashcans.

Then it’s back to the road where the car is sandwiched between cop cars, guard rails ending in a fiery crash through a police road block.

This flick is worth watching just for the chase!

PD