Spotted | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This car is in Lombard,and has been owned by the same guy for many years.

2. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

the red 360 spider might be me..i live/work downtown and drive it all of the time. mine is much louder than normal.

i'm not on this board very often so that's why the late response.

3. Nice hope to see your around more often. I couldent really hear your car I was going the opposite direction and it was raining.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

I'd love to hear that echoing through the Buildings on an Early Sat.or Sun. A.M. (Local Residents may not,though....:) )

5. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Much later in the day, after all the goings on in Lake Bluff, I saw a black Lambo Gallardo giving people test rides at the indoor go-karting track in Buffalo Grove. I was in the area on business ( that area is filled with industrial parks, ) and it was tearing up the entire town. Sounded wonderful, I mean ear splitting exhaust note. Must be a nice person to offer rides given the weather...

On my way up to LFSC, saw about 4 red TRs, 4 3x8s, a silver 400 either on Half Day or flying south on the tollway. All gave a friendly wave to me and the Fcar I was piloting. Just as I left LFSC, ( I was probably the last to be there, ) saw a black Daytona coupe on Waukegan that would probably arrive when everyone already left for the day.

RocketBoy

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes. All of those cars were there.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Spotted....Red/Tan 328,with Targa top off,parked in the "Ascension Catholic Church" parking lot on Summit Av. in Oakbrook Terrace Today,around Noon....Anyone who visits "FChat",by chance...?

8. DVOgoalie25

DVOgoalie25 Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    Evanston
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Huge Viper RT-10 Braketorque/burnout outside my neighborhood the guy rode it for like 50 feet, it was awesome!!!

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Spotted today, close to 100 Ferraris and Masers on Oak St. in Chicago.

Anyone here own any of them???? :)

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Spotted a few 360s, Testarossas, a F40 and a F40LM this morning. All Playersrun vehicles. Along with a hole bunch of other hot machinery.

11. Yep seen them last night nice rides the Blue Modena with Chrome wheels and capristo exaust was nice. The yellow and lime green murci where incredible to. The F40's well there in a league of there own. Did you see the yellow techademics M3 ?

12. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I have been in Florida managing some real estate for about a week and a half. Was surprised to see only one Fcar out on the road but then again the weather/sun was relentless during the late afternoon. In Naples, saw a beautiful red and tan 360 spyder pulling onto the downtown district. Saw it later parked outside one of the more popular steak houses...

Out of curiosity, stopped by Naples Motorsports. People inside very friendly but stock slightly limited. No real shop, offices kind of small and a few of the cars should have been a little more presentable, ie: scratced up bumper on a DB7, all of the cars needed a wash and wax. They seem like a group just happy to sell the local exotics and not a we assist in helping you find your exotic needs Fox Valley Motorsports. I think if they scrounge a little harder, maybe try to pry some business away from the more car crazy east coast, they could graduate to FVM status: which is just a great little dealer for such selection and I think would be complimentary to be compared to. Fcar stock was a 456, early TR, 355. Had a nice looking yellow Lambo VT conv for $180K with 12K miles. That seemed cheap to me.

A few other dealers in Ft. Myers threw some Fcars out in their front lots to be burnt up by the sun. One specializing in classic Vettes Frank, ( I forget the name, but its on Rt. 41 if that matters, ) had a TR and 355. One just south of that had a Viper and TR parked out front to compliment their great boat selection.

RocketBoy

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    When looking at cars I always wear blinders for Ferrari only context. So sorry, no. This behaviour drives friends of mine nuts when we go to car shows etc. A few pics of the Ferraris and out I run. So single minded...

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Forgot to mention...

While driving back from Florida, as I left Nashville and ventured into Illinois, all up and down 65 and bits of 24, I must have seen over 100 pre-war vintage hot rods. It looked like everyone who wasn't driving a truck was part of a ZZ Top crowd. All friendly people, neat to see all the classic plates, flame jobs, everyone waving. Must have been a big show in the area, as I state there was easily over 100 counted going in each direction.

RocketBoy

15. Spotted: Was coming down 60 today spotted a 308 GTS turning onto the highway plates said ROAR the person from the 308 waved to someone infront of me in a silver S-class.

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,The only Ferrari that I've seen all weekend is the one that I was driving....:) LOTS and LOTS of C5 'Vettes. Gee,while we were out driving,we saw one come along almost every block we travelled. BOR-ING!!!! I'd rather see old ones at this point.

Also,Lots of Porsches,too. Once again,Yawn....

But,we did see a virtually perfect Lambo Jalpa at the Lombard Crise Night last night. Black with Black interior. It wasn't the same Black one that I saw at FVM before,either. Waited around to talk to the owner,but,to no avail.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I saw a couple yellow Vettes on TV. They kicked "our" behinds badly at Le Mans. That wasn't boring, that was sad.
    :(

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,the Corvettes have been doing quite well on that circuit.

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Spotted! While out for a nice,leisurely Sunday Eve. Cruise in my Ferrari....

Saw a Red/Tan 360 Spider headed Eastbound on Butterfield Rd. in Oakbrook around 7:00PM.

Then,saw a White/Cream, Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0 ROADSTER in the Parking Lot at "Costa's" Greek restaraunt on Summit Av. in Oakbrook Terrace,also Tonite,same time. (Michael,FVM...???)

20. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Hey Frank, It was probably me on Butterfiled in the 360. I just moved into Oak Brook Tower, so I've been driving in that area a lot! Didn't see that Diablo though. Might be a kit, as the last roadsters were built in 1999, and all the 6.0 were coupes.

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey,Michael. We are practically neighbors now. I am about 1 mile East of you just South of Butterfield Rd. So,If you see a Red 308 driving around,it's probably me.

Although,I did see one going into the lot at Oakbrook Towers last year a couple times,and,I saw a Lady Driving a Red 308 on 31st.,turning into the "Chambord" Townhouses..

As far as the Lambo goes....It really LOOKED authentic. I was sort of Guessing as to it's EXACT model.(I am only casually learned about Lambo's.) It was White,with Cream Interior. All authentic looking badging,(said "Diablo VT" on the back),wheels,etc...But,I did not get out of my car to look inside... The front had "Open,Glass covered headlights" as opposed to flip out ones. So,isn't that a 6.0? But,it did have an open Targa Top. I could be wrong about the exact Year/Model. And,if it was a newer version,it could have had a (Carravagio?) Targa Top conversion? Who knows. If I see it parked over there again,I'll get out and check it out further.

Lots of good Restaraunts in this area,Ehhh???? :) BTW...How is "Reza's" in the Towers. Have you checked it out yet? I was there years ago when it was the French Restaraunt. Have not been there in awhile. Gotta check out the new "Redstone that they just built,too.

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Frank-

Talking bout' restaurants and eating again!!!!

Dude, stop thinking about eating so much; it's gonna kill ya.

We don't want to lose you at a young age.

23. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Spotted a Blue 355 spider on sunday going down Millwaukee Av. near Hawthorn Mall in Libertyville around 2-3pm ish....

Of course i was just in my Truck, wanted to be in the 328, but i don't have it back yet... :( Getting ready to saw off my other arm when i do get it.....

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

It's O.K.there,Skip. Everything in MODERATION.....:)

Don't worry. I'll be feeling better soon,once me old back heals,and I'll get my rotten arse back into the Gym. I've already started doing some light stuff,like swimming.

I was Never a "Fat Guy" until the last car accident that I was in back in 2001. That one really put me over the top,and I haven't been able to do much of anything,(But Eat...:) ) But,My Doc seems to have helped me alot,and once I'm "Officially" Healed. I can do more exercise,and less eating.

25. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    GOOD, make sure you do it!!