Spotted | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Red 355 turning towards Woodfield while passing Streets of Woodfield. I was going out to dinner with my girlfriend and you might have seen us in the orange H2 in the turn lane. Im guessing this is the south barrington Fchatter.

RocketBoy

2. I was out yesterday, but my car is black so it must be the other s. barrington f-chatter.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I like this whole spotting thing a lot. Maybe we should come up with a prize for somebody who actually spots somebody and the spotee (is that English?) acknowledges it.

Maybe a job for FOC. Oh wait, that would be...me!
    :)

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'd like to get all of these that are "Spotted", Here on FChat,and with the Club. I think that there are far more Ferrari's out there in our area than are visiting FChat,and possibly,in any Ferrari Club.

5. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    All you guys would cheat by simply walking into your garage. Andreas, since you live downtown did you ever see the Lambo Nick Cage had while he was filming here a few months ago? Did MikeFVM set him up with it?

RocketBoy

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Cheating would be easy, but hey, we're all gentlemen, are we not?

I didn't see the Lambo, but I did see the set. It was just outside our office. And the only street covered in snow. Some of my buddies actually got to "hang out" with Cage and the other actors.

7. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji

8. marcof1

marcof1 Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Chicagland
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Spotted a yellow 360 coupe in front of the Penisula Hotel on Superior in
    downtown at 0930 pm. Beautiful.

9. Spotted metallic grey 456GT entering Rt355 from Thorndale heading north.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Spotted a Maranello and a couple 360s near Water Tower. Oh, wait, that was at the Goldcoast Bentley dealership...Love that place, but they crammed now so many cars (all fabulous) in there, that it lost a bit of its charm. Makes you wonder whether they have so much turnover or none at all. The place was full to the gills.

On the way home spotted the red 360 Spider again, hanging out in its usual place in the "Golden Triangle".

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Black 3x8 filling up at the Mobil on Dundee and Quinten. Wanted to stop by but too much traffic. Someone we know?

RocketBoy

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What's with the "x" rocketboy? Don't tell me you can't distinguish a 308 from a 328 or 348!

14. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

HAH! That was me, was about ????? I think around 4 ish???? I left work, which is in Deer Park, (Lake Cook Rd and Quinten) stop at the Mobil to top off the tank and then i headed over to my mom's house for a bit, she lives in Palatine... Should have stopped.....

Oh, it's a 328.... ;)

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Spotted a red 360, a silver 355 and two Rollers today. All downtown. Downtown London.

The 355 had (like many cars here) its mirrors folded in while parked in a single lane street. The guy must have guts to park there.

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

:) True. Even from a distance. Same with Testarossa and 512TR,and 512M. Easy to distinquish at passing. (Provided that the Testarossa owner hasn't painted his Spoilers...:) )

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Andreas-

Do me a favour, stop in at the 'Hoop and Grapes' while you're in London, and tip a pint or two for me.

The pub was a Charles Dickens hangout; ask to see the photos of the resident ghost.

The names of many of Dicken's characters in his novels, were actual people that he knew from the 'Hoop and Grapes'.

It's just a pub for the 'locals', but very interesting.

18. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I stand up for myself in saying, I was turning right, and it was in the corner of my eye to the left. Usually when all I see is the sihouette I say 3x8... I think I got that expression from you Frank! I also was the first to debate the looks to close/why bother comparing talk with the 550 and 575 in some posts during the spring...

But in my defense, 308 was produced in the mid 70s. Had just over 200 HP and can be distinguished from the 328 from the bumper and vents above the lights. 10 years later, the 328 had just over 250HP? More solid less pointy looking front, streaks on side more full, was $68K when new back when I was in grade school. 328 was the most produced Ferrari at one time. I am not sure if that is the same today. Am I vindicated? I do not know the year of the Ford Taurus I passed by today at work, but do remember it was a Ford Taurus.

How dare you tease and ask why to a man who is just getting older, losing his eye sight and detailed memory of every car he has ever liked... Ha ha to all you litttle people...

RocketBoy

Spotted... Im hoping it was a replica, but a red and black Daytona in Buffalo Grove near Aptaksic Rd, this was on Monday. Red 360 coupe later in the day at a Palatine gym... I say hope for replica because it rained pretty bad in just a few moments time.

19. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Spotted a Blue Testerossa heading South on County Farm Road in Hanover Park around 9 am this morning... Very nice car !! Only got a quick glimse of it though....

Hopefuly i will spot a Black 328 LEAVING Continental this afternoon.. :|~

20. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Tod, the blue Testarossa belongs to a very nice guy who also has an F40. He doesn't work far from our store.

21. true

true Karting

Jun 5, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Hey Michael and crew, I have seen that blue Testarossa as well on Kirk road in St. Charles. Also, I have been seeing a white Testarossa in St. charles too. Yesterday I saw a black 360 Spider on Rt. 59 and Rt. 19 intersection. (Bartlett) This has been a good summer for spotting exotics so far!

Nick

22. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Nick, where have you been? Stop in sometime! The white one is a 512TR with a chrome wheels and a Tubi; he owns a local ticket brokerage. I'm not sure who has the black spider.

23. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Saw a yellow Gallardo on 355 heading south today around 2:30. Was that you Michael?

24. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Hey Sean,
    No, it was'nt me; probably a guy taking it home to Oak Brook.

25. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Friday 9pm, southbound on the Kennedy, silver Bentley GT. Awesome car spec and price wise, but didn't look like much in person. Bland, bubble shape depicted in magazines dead on. I mean no disrespect to current owners, but this car, given the marque, seemed too much on par with a Lincoln Mark 8. Grace and sweeping lines of the past? They've been Audi-fied.

RocketBoy