Spotted | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Saw a silver Gallardo heading west on 290 last week. Third one I've seen, and they just don't do anything for me.

ALSO, apparently Mr. Cheesed-out-pinstriped-360-from-California-at-North-Avenue-Beach-Guy makes that stop his regular daily routine. I've been by there several times, and he's always parked out there with his hood and trunk popped open, wiping down the car. One would think that a guy who can afford that car and could afford not to work could also afford something other than a teal tank top.

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    And the new Roller is even worse; have you seen it?

Foley had one at our RROC event last week...........it was 'Butt Ugly' in my estimation.

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Agreed.....the last good looking car Lambo made was the Diablo.

One also has to go back a few years for the last good looking Ferrari......everythings beginning to look the same........

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sunday evening red 355 Spider southbound on Lake Shore Drive. Very nice.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

6. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I saw a few cars of note Saturday while doing a shakedown cruise in the new Biturbo:

* a red 355 coupe (I think) heading southbound on LSD around 2:30--got off at Oak Street, IIRC;

* a red Mondial cabriolet heading west on Roosevelt in Lombard or thereabouts, around 3:15 or so; and

* a black Maserati coupe heading east on I-290, sometime in between. My hat is off to this guy, who recognized the Biturbo going the opposite direction, and honked and returned by wave.

7. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Don't know why, kind of like the Roller and its massive presence. Looks, yes it seems too BMWish, but the monstrous size and that grill that arrives two minutes before the rest of the car, yeow! To me, massive Rollers with all the neat bells and whistles on the inside, remind me very much of the Rolls in Goldfinger or all the open coach cars. I always liked them. Yes the new Roller seems like it is overkill, but I think ( and judging by the drivers, ) one should feel as if they arrived and will spread class to all those who talk to the owner. Ferrari and Lambo, you think "wow, man that car must fly," and unfortunately think all who own them have lead foots and are named Mario. I have yet to meet a snooty Roller or Bentley owner: most are sophisticated, very well spoken, and share stories with an inquisitive car fan with ease. I have yet to meet the rockstar or rap mogul in one, but all the CEO types who have them, just nice gentleman and ladies.

There was a classic car show in Lake Forest with many Rollers and Bentleys. Were you there Skip, anyone else?

Spotted: silver 355 today on Kennedy heading north.

RocketBoy

Hope all had a safe and enjoyable weekend.

8. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    I saw a black 355 in glencoe today, not sure who's it was. I also saw 2 yes 2, yellow murci's in chicago, yesterday. Awesome, I had just been commenting on how i didn't know they existed.

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Out to lunch with a client, saw a lady in her, would guess 50ish driving a brand new red Viper out of the Ford dealership in Schaumburg on Golf Rd. My passenger admitted it was surprising to see a middle aged lady sporting a car that is usually linked to American muscle loyal or street punks. If its her toy, I give respect to her. If her husband feels comfortable enough letting his wife toy around in a 500 HP+ car on a rain misted road, he's got a lot of trust and faith as well and its nice to see him give her a shot.

RocketBoy

10. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Spotted a Red 348 heading south bound on County Farm Rd in Carol Stream yesterday about 7pm. I think it turned onto Rt64, Torward Fox Valley Sports cars ( West bound ) ??

11. I've seen this lady several times in the area. I'm going to have to say the
    car is hers.

12. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    I don't get excited every time I see a Ferrari on the road, however, this morning at 9:40, going north on Route 83 just north of Route 22, in Long Grove, a red Enzo. Now, that's cool.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That is cool. I still get excited as it happens maybe once a month if at all (not counting our own events of course). Oddly enough yesterday while doing our own FOC drive I spotted a red 308 GTB going underneath LSD at Montrose. I honked, but the driver didn't notice.

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Saw a black on black Porsche CGT at Motorwerks. Amazing, just simply breathtaking auto. Reminds me very much of a current century 550 Spyder. Lets hope Ferrari makes a new and future looking TR type. Maybe its just summer influence but I think speeding around in a rag top is majestic. Would you rather have hard tops 360 CS/Lambo Murci/McLaren SLR or F50/550 Barchetta? Rag top all the way for me. I can't wait to spot this CGT on the road, but if he challenges me and my Fchat brothers, we might have to pull a Rubino on him and block him out.

RocketBoy

15. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Black TR aound Kenosha on I-94 heading south!

16. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Red 308 on Dundee road at 6pm heading west near Barrington Road. Had a Polish name vanity plate and Polish crest bumper sticker near the plate. Maybe a canidate to show for the Barrington Cruise In?

RocketBoy

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

I still do. It is still a VERY RARE sight to see a Ferrari out driving on the Road. I go out for a drive on Saturday or Sunday afternoon,and I never see one-of any style or model. Always see about 30+ - C5 Corvettes. Maybe a Viper or Two. But,never any Ferrari's. Feels really good to be "one of a kind" out there driving around,really. Not "just like everyone else..."

18. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    I was in Chicago, this past weekend, with my 83 Boxer. I went to Hinsdale, then to Lisle, and ended up in Bartlett..........before I went back home to Green Bay.

While I saw MANY Corvettes, a number of Porsches, I only saw "one" Ferrari.......a red 308 GTSi.

I make a number of trips to Chicago, and am really surprised as how FEW Ferraris I see on the road. Don't you guys drive them?????? haha!!!!!!!!

I put just over 1,000 miles on my Boxer, just last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Saw a red Testarossa yesterday. It was on county line road near Ravinia in HP.

20. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    David-

Just saw your post......I was there.

21. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Yep, I know who you saw............

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It is puzzling how few Ferraris one sees in Chicago. I take mine out any time I can, but nobody else does it seems. Very different from e.g. the West Coast or Europe. Good news is that you still have that rock star feeling.
    :)

23. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    White Z06 convertible in Palatine turning on Roselle onto Algonquin, near Harper.

RocketBoy

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    ****Henryk,was that you going Southbound on I-294,at around Golf Rd. 09:45 AM or so this past Saturday? I was in the Red 308GTSi headed Northbound...:) I saw you. (Red 512BBi) I was on my way up to the Car Show that Haley put on at the VA Hospital in North Chicago. I mentioned to Chelle when I arrived there that I saw a Red 512BBi going Southbound on my way up,and that I wished I could have gotten ahold of it to tell them about the VA Car Show...:)

And,yes,I certainly do agree with Andreas and Henryk. All I ever see out driving are Zillions of C5 Corvettes. Millions of Porsches. And a Viper or Two. Am I am the only guy out in my area ever driving my Ferrari? I KNOW that there are several Ferrari's in the Oakbrook area...why aren't these guys DRIVING THEM???

It seems that we are the only guys out driving our Ferrari's in our "own Area's". Probably,Bob is the only guy out driving his in the Aurora/Naperville Area. Bill down in the Southern Boonies. And,Dave and Skip in their area's. Luckily,we get together and DRIVE our Ferrari's once in awhile.

Henryk,come on down and join us sometime...:)

25. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    I don't believe it!!!!!!! Yes, Frank, that was me. You where going northbound, appeared to be in the left lane..............speeding?????????? haha!

I was going to Continental Motors, where I met my nephew. We usually meet there, to see what is new, and talk to Lonny.

If you plan a trip to Door County, let me know.