Spotted | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Well,what do you know! That was me....Yes,I actually live about 5 Minutes from Continental Motors. My Son and I stop in periodically just to see whats new. And,since I got rid of my Corvette,I have an empty space in my garage...And...Like Dave,am experiencing the 12 Cylinder Ferrari itch....:) To park next to my 308....

And,Yes,I may have been exceeding the Speed Limit by a mile an hour or two...:) But,my Speedo only goes up to 85,so,what can I do? :)

A trip to Door County just may be in order...maybe when the Leaves start changing...(YIKES!!! I don't even want to THINK about that yet!!!!)

I have an old Buddy who lives on Washington Island. And,a bit farther North,another old school bud. who owns a Resort in Eagle River,WI. (Barts Cottages) My Grandfather is originally from Wakefield,UP Michigan. But,now lives in Greenfield,(By Milwaukee) But,we used to go up to the Wolf River for the Striper run,and the White Bass run....

And,my Wife's Mom and Family are from the LaCrosse area.(Other side of the State)

I like driving around Wisconsin.

2. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Next time I come to Chicago, I will let you know..........maybe, there will be a car show!!!!!!!! My nephew takes me to these car shows, that the local towns sponsor.........I think they call them "cruise nights". There, the cars are parked on the main drag, and people just walk all about.

I live on a farm in Southern Door County........Brussels.........everyone who comes to Door County goes through this town.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That sounds Cool. I'd love to see that Boxer,too! Yes,if you can make it down here on Friday August 27th. They are Highlighting "Import Cars" at the Downers Grove Cruise Night. (Downers Grove is just 2 Towns-10 minutes or so-West on Ogden Av. from Continental in Hinsdale)

And,we are planning a veritable onslaught of Bella Italian Exotics...:)

4. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Frank,

I have been to the Downer's Grove, and Lombard car shows........NO Ferraris, except, of course, mine. My nephew brings his TVR Griffith.

I will keep that date in mind, however, I am trying to finish work on my TR, so that I can put it up for sale.............don't want to wait till Fall!!!!!!!!!

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey,I'd like to see that TVR. I like those cars. I just saw a European Auto Show on Speed TV. And,they were showing some of the new TVR's,that,unfortunately,are not for Export to the U.S. But,I still like the older ones. I understand that John Travolta owns a few here.

6. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Frank,

I will let you know when my nephew will take the TVR to one of the car shows.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thank You,Sir!!! :)

8. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    I spotted a yellow 355 spider with a challenge grill on lake cook road in HP. Should I mention I was driving my yellow 355 spider with a challenge grill.

9. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Other yellow 355 spyder with challenge grill is owned by a friend of mine... sooo sweet.

Saw a BLUE Mondial cab today.

10. Saw a red 355 spider on Algonquin and Ela around 6:45 last night. Seen him
    around a few times. Anyone here?

11. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Spotted a 512TR in Madison, WI. today.

Interestingly enough, spotted a few other F-cars there too.

It's funny, the weather wasn't that good!

12. cubbyman60

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    i took a drive to the city...spotted a silver 550 on sheridan and a red 360 on michigan avenue. also saw a black bentley gt...they are starting to pop up everywhere

13. cubbyman60

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Saw a silver 360 with its top down in downtown Highland Park. Great looking car.

14. Manuel NSX1164

Manuel NSX1164 Karting

Jul 9, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Car wash in my neighborhood -- N Halsted St, just south of Grand Ave., near "Thyme" restaurant has a lot of cool customer cars.

Regulars include yellow Lambos (Murcie and Gallardo), red 360 Coupe, silver BMW 645 convertible, several Bentleys, etc. Also a yellow 550 Barchetta.

Anyone on these Forums ?

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Saw a Red Countach headed Westbound on Butterfield Rd./RT.56 in Lombard today at around 3:30PM. Looks pretty cool!

16. cubbyman60

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    saw a white one on the highway in Glencoe. First time I had ever seen one. Pretty wild, but as the CEO or president of Lamborghini said- it looks a little like some1 built it in their backyard.

17. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Manuel,

I don't think they're are too many Barchettas out there, ( I remember reading only 399 were made? ) and it seems like there are quite a few in Illinois. I have seen three red, one black, two yellow, Fox Valley and a Ford dealer share a beautiful blue one. But given the other cars you have seen at the wash and the fact Im not too familiar with the area you have seen them, could they be from Luxury Motors? Check their website, given the number of Barchettas and the fact they have a yellow one, maybe it was from there.

RocketBoy

18. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Henry - is his Griffith a series 200, 400, or modern one?
    I had a series 200 and would love to see his.. and if it's a more recent TVR I want to know how he got it here :)
    Chelle

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

HeeHee! No doubt! Very "Wild" looking,thats for sure!

20. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Chelle,

The TVR is a 200........1965. It has a 289 Ford, with Gurney Eagle aluminum heads.........same as on the GT 40s........rather unique. Also, it has Wildwood disc brakes, on all 4s; a Jaguar differential, with half-shafts.

When I owned the car, I had the engine rebuilt, to about 300 HP, for longevity and durability. I owned the car for about 10 years, and my nephew, for the last 4.

I had a custom rod shop, make an aluminum radiator, and SS side exhausts.

21. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Red 3x8 on Lake-Cook heading west today near Long Grove. Same place a week ago, beautiful metallic blue Gallardo.

RocketBoy

22. purxotic

purxotic Rookie

Aug 17, 2004
    Red 308 going East on I-90 near Lake In The Hills - Rte. 59 this past Sunday ~5:30pm

23. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    6 F-16 Falcons flying all over the highway near Madison, Wisconsin...

One red and black 355 Spider near Barrington Motorwerks turning south on Barrington road. Looked very sharp, but not as fast as those F-16s.

RocketBoy

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Soon to be seen downtown for this weekend's air and water show.

PS: Nobody spotted a red Daytona Spider? Hmm...

25. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Today 8:30am southbound on LSD red Mondial spider.

Glad to see there are still some out there.