Spotted | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Lots of very cool Jets and planes along the Lakefront today...:) But,after I got home,had to take Jr. back to his Mom's.:( (I had him all Summer,but he starts 2nd grade on Wed...)

So,to cap off a nice Summer,and a nice day,I drove him home in the Ferrari out to St.Charles. We saw a Red 512BB-i headed Eastbound on Rt.56/Butterfield Rd.,as we headed West,through Wheaton....Warrenville.(around 5:30-6:00PM)

Also saw a very old,white Austin Healy Bug Eyed Sprite out that away,too. For all you guys who grew up with those cars...:)

And...AND... (I keep telling myself to keep a disposable Camera in my car at all times...) I saw,out in West Chicago,an old,red Chevy Cavalier,BEATER,with a Super Wing,(the Big,Aluminum one with the Criss cross struts) and...AND...( you are NOT going to believe this,but I swear it's true...:) ) A PLASTIC,CHROME "BLOWER" Stuck to the hood. And,the car even had an old,crappy sounding muffler. I was laughing so hard...."NOW,I've seen EVERYTHING!!!! :) " Almost made a Ferrari Sandwich... This would have just about blown away the "Bondo Fiero",it was so funny. :) :) :) :) (I gave it "4 Smileys" for Humor.....:) )

2. Rosso Firano 355 spyder with license plate Rosso 1 in paletine on highway to woodfield mall today around noon.

3. Rosso Firano 355 spyder with license plate Rosso 1 in paletine on highway to woodfield mall today around noon.

4. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    So,to cap off a nice Summer,and a nice day,I drove him home in the Ferrari out to St.Charles. We saw a Red 512BB-i headed Eastbound on Rt.56/Butterfield Rd.,as we headed West,through Wheaton....Warrenville.(around 5:30-6:00PM)

Could that have been a red 365 BB you saw? I had mine out on Butterfield heading east at about the time you indicate. It has the black Boxer trim.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,that could be possible...I didn't really see it until the last minute,as,we were driving directly into the Sun. I basically,saw it when it was passing by...(Did you notice a Red 308?) And,I glanced in my side view mirror after it passed,and it 'looked like' there were only 2 taillights per side... (Doesn't a 365BB have 3?)

But,either way...we'd certainly like to have you join us on future drives....whether its a 365BB or a 512BB...:) Keep checking here on FChat.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's Tony you saw. He is on FChat as well.

7. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    does any one on this site own a 288 gto.... im pretty sure i saw one getting onto 90 at harlem a few months back. it was black so im pretty sure was a kit. still if it was a black 288 it was gorgeous! anyone?

8. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini

Frank,

See my PM. It was definitely me in my 365 BB. I remember seeing a red 308 heading westbound.

Regards,

Steve

9. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    The only true 288 that I know of in the area is red and owned by a gentleman in Lake Bluff, I think he also owns the silver F-50 seen around the north shore.

10. Wide open

Wide open Rookie

Aug 24, 2004
    I'm heading to Chi-Town on business. Looking for a secure, heated, parking garage. Anyone know of any? I'll be in town for 2 to 12 months and want to access the car from time to time.

11. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    ah, thanks norm... it was probably either a 308 or a 308-288 gto conversion... a gto would be a stunning car in black. i actually saw a red 288 going south on 294 and i almost killed myself, it was beautiful.
    so the gentleman lives near lake forest sports cars. is he part of the ferrari club? i havnt seen his cars at any events... maybe sunday downtown.... thanks

12. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Norm,

Im not sure if that silver F50 is in the Chicago area as the one I have seen at LFSC has Indiana plates.

RocketBoy

13. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    I went back and checked the photos from the 2002 LFSC event; the 288 also had Indiana plates at that time.

14. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    the ferrari club was at the F1 race in indianapolis and there were tons of car there, i was hoping for a 288 but ive only seen one for a second while on the express way. ah well.

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

HeeHee! Get in line.....We who live here all year long look for that EVERY Winter...Pickin's are slim to none...:( Good Luck! (P.S. Let us know if YOU find any...Thanx!)

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Try the annual event of Lake Forest's Sports cars. The 288 GTO was there the last two years.

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Sheesh, this 'SPOTTED' thread is getting ridiculous!

It sure is taking up a lot of bandwidth, and doesn't say much about our intellect. What, we have to report cars we've seen on a daily basis........I don't get it??

Let's talk about GIRLS we've seen......it's a lot more interesting. AND INCLUDE PICS.! :)

18. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    when does this take place? and thanks for the info!

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Take a happy pill Skip!
    This is probably the dumbest thread true, but also the longest living as it will continue ad infinitum as well as ad nauseum...

Bandwidth? Nah, not really since we're not posting pics. And besides, how many Ferraris do you spot not counting events and your own? I see one per month at the max.

The idea is to tell about a Ferrari you spotted in the hope the driver happens to read this as well. Kinda like message in a bottle over the internet.

PS: Remember there are entire clubs built around train spotting. How demented is that?

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It used to be in the fall, but this year it was in the spring combined with the opening of their new showroom. Their schedule can be found at:
    http://www.lfsc.com/html/events.cfm

To know what's up in all of Chicagoland go to:
    http://www.focmidwest.com/services.html

little plug here pro domo, hehe

21. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I agree. It would be great to meet a Fcar owner at some local show or stoplight and have them contribute to this site. All opinions and suggestions have been well and to hear any tips on servicing one's car to where to go eat is good. Spotting and hopefully having the spotted contributing later to this site would probably benefit all. Who knows, maybe one of the future spotted owns a Hooters and can supply Skip all the eye candy he wants at the next Fchat drive.

RocketBoy

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Another one here in agreement...It's just a "Fun Thing" to see just how FEW Ferrari's that are out there Driving around...besides us...:) It would be funny to see how long it goes....Maybe,eventually,we'll get these guys to join us.

I bet that there are a few "Lurkers" still on FChat that don't participate,and,if they see that they were "Spotted",maybe they'll join in...?

I mean,when I take mine out for a little drive,I Never see any other Ferrari's out driving,(unless I post it on "Spotted" :) ) Which,to me,is both good and bad.

Good,because we have very special and unique cars that not everyone else has...like the 3 to 4 dozen C5 Corvette's that I see out during that same drive...:( So,it feels good to be "one of a kind", instead of, "just like everybody else"....

Bad,because I wish that there were a few more of us! :)

23. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Yesterday (Aug 26) on way to ORD (O'Hare) Saw Beautiful yellow 360 Spider in Toll lane. Plate was a dark solid color like blue or black and had a single number "2" on it.

PD

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Friday, around 6pm on Rush a silver 360 Berlinetta.

25. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    thanks for the info tifosi12.

ah you guys are going karting in march. i was just there for my birthday. it was great. we did the gran prix style race but it was somewhat boring because there were only 5 of us. anyways. thanks again