Spotted | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You're welcome. Join us next year for round two of indoor karting.

2. Saturday night around 12am, red 360 spider parked on the street in
    Chinatown. See you all tomorrow on Monroe Street!!!

3. Spotted 308 today in libertyville infront of sunset foods around 1:30.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sunday afternoon a 360 Southbound on LSD. Wasn't at Monroe street though.

5. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Yellow Ultima GTR in Crystal Lake today on Rt. 12 I think. Looks just like a Le Mans car and makes one scratch their head on how it could be street legal as it looks like a classic Porsche 962. Very interesting looking machine.

RocketBoy

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Spotted tonight at Ed's in Palatine.

A 308 GTB QV, a 328 GTS, a 308 GTS and a 275 GTB. Also, a Sunbeam Alpine......anyone know the cars and owners??? :)

7. Manuel NSX1164

Manuel NSX1164 Karting

Jul 9, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Yellow 360 spider with top down. In traffic westbound (outbound) on Edens/I94 in Chicago N burbs -- about 7:10 pm Thursday 9/2.

Anyone on this forum?

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Red 328 with Il. Plate# A REAL 10. At the Downers Grove cruise Nite,tonight around 8:00PM. It was parked on Curtis St.,just East of Main,amongst this weeks "Highlighted Cars". (Corvette)

9. SPOTTED TITANIUM 360CS HALF UNCOVERD AND A 355 SPYDER IN PARKING GARAGE IN DOWNTOWN ON EAST PEARSON ST. RIGHT NEXT TO BISTRO10 RESTURANT TODAY... ANY F-CHATTERS ? ALSO SPOTTED A GIALLO MODENA 360 WITH MODULAR WHEELS ROLLING AROUND TOWN.

10. Manuel NSX1164

Manuel NSX1164 Karting

Jul 9, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Spotted a red 360 Spider with black top in River North late Monday morning (parked on N State St, close to W Huron -- by Whole Foods). Car had a tan interior (?), some sort of red trim around the rollbars (!), Scuderia shields and I believe OE wheels. IL plate 214 7706

Anyone on these boards ?? IIRC I've seen it at local area shows.

Just curious -- how is rear-ward visibility with the small plastic window when it rains ?? Just put a factory hardtop on one my small roadster cars, and that big glass window is GREAT.

11. Onesto308

Onesto308 Rookie

Jul 30, 2004
    NW 'Burbs of Chicago
    I saw a 308 on Northwest Highway in Palatine on friday. Was that anyone here? around like 11am i think.

Also saw a gorgeous orange Murcielago on algonquin few weeks back.

12. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    LSD Andreas? Tsk tsk tsk! ;)

13. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Welcome to Chitown Fchat Onesto...

The 308 you saw could have been Spike, was it black?

RocketBoy

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Around lunch time and while stopping by the Mobil Oasis on 90 near O'hare going east, a red 348 Spyder pulled in. I met the owner, Larry, and told him that the FOC group I talk to is very active and does a lot of fun rides.

RocketBoy

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks Rocketboy!

I'm developing a soft spot for 348 (not that I never liked them anyway). They're becoming so rare it seems.

16. got the same thing I perfer the 355 still tho the 348 does look agressive and well balanced at certain angles tho.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A 348 looks great as is, but if you prefer 355 look you could even replace the cheese graters. But I like the car even with them on. And it is so powerful.

I'm truly surprised not to see more of them around, which makes me wonder about their build quality, which reportedly is bad on earlier models.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I like 'em too. Look like "Baby Testarossa's". It would be cool to have His and Hers...a Testarossa and a 348...:) (Not me....My Wife cannot drive a stick,and doesn't even want to learn...:( )

19. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Ferrari didn't get the 348 right till the last year of production, and it's still in doubt whether it was 'right' then.

A mini Testarossa, maybe that was the problem? If you wanted the Testarossa look, you'd buy a Testarossa!

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Yeah,maybe...but,how often have I heard YOU say that the Testarossa is "Too Big"???? Maybe,a smaller version would be nice for those of you that think that.

21. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Spotted: Porsche Carrera GT, on Halsted in Greek Town about 6:30. Valets outside one of the restaurants were explaining to the driver, apparently unwilling to entrust the car to their attentions, where he could park.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear the engine above idle. An article I read somewhere praised its sound, which would differentiate that car from every other Porsche I've ever encountered.

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Spotted on Westbound Roosevelt Rd.(Rt.38) in Winfield on Sunday Evening. White 512TR with Chrome rims. Must have been the Ticket Guy from Ticket Heaven in Wheaton.

23. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    True, I've said that about the TR.

Let me rephrase it; 'modern' Testarossas and 348s suck!

No offense intended to those that own these cars, as I own a couple myself.

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

I don't think that any Ferrari's suck...they are all Ferrari's. True,some are definitely better than others. But,that holds true with any Automobile Marque.

25. Manuel NSX1164

Manuel NSX1164 Karting

Jul 9, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Same car (yellow 360 Spider) on Westbound Edens/I-94 -- about 6:30 pm Thursday 9/9. Black top was UP this time.