Spotters thread #4 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Spotters thread #4

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jordan747_400, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Today:

-2 red 360 Spiders on PCH in Hermosa Beach
    -1 dark grey TR on Artesia in Manhattan Beach
    -1 Black Maserati coupe on PCH in Redondo Beach

and something even rarer than a Ferrari in America...

-1 Smart car in Palos Verdes. It looks very out of place in America, but they are insanely cool nonetheless. :)

2. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    White Mondial on 5 South going on to the 133 Laguna Highway

3. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Caught the same yellow Testarossa twice on Manhattan Beach Blvd. in downtown MB, and there was a black Astom Martin DB7 parked in a lot on Highland downtown.

4. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Today...

- black 3.2 Mondial coupe parked on PCH in Laguna Beach (I think an 88 based on the wheels)
    - one block farther, opposite direction, yellow 348 Spyder drove by and honked at me (was in my F-Car). Cool!

5. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Mike, I think I've seen that same grey TR before. It was on PCH across the street from where Pacific VW used to be. Stunning car. A bit darker than the current grigio titianio, too bad they don't put that color on any modern cars. Looks beautiful.

6. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Red 360 Stradale on Wilshire at Barrington, 1:30 PM.

7. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Red Testarossa on 190th in Redondo driving away from ocean.

8. rsrx

rsrx Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Alphonse
    Saw a Silver Bentley Continental GT with Euro plates on the 134 fwy this morning going West towards Burbank. It looked as if it had a tail below the rear window.

This was probably a Bentley engineering car..maybe??

9. TheScarletStang

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    wow i always wanted to see that car

10. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I doubt Bently would Engineer there cars in the US....

-Armen

11. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    #136 mbmike, Mar 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Went up to Rodeo Drive with a friend today. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to see any Ferrari's on the street (There may have been a yellow 355 on Rosecrans in MB, but I was too far away to tell for sure), but I did manage to snap a pretty bad pic of a 550 Barchetta at that rental place on La Cienega.

I also saw my first Maybach on the 405 Southbound on the way home.

Interesting story: My friend and I were walking down Rodeo, and we see this guy that everyone is asking for autographs from. We have no idea who he is, we figure we don't watch enough MTV to know. When we get back to the parking lot, he is parked like two cars away from us. My friend goes up to him and asks who he is and apparently he was Andre from Outkast. He had a couple of bags from Ralph Lauren that he was putting into a previous-generation Lexus LX450.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    LOL thats a great story! That picture isn't to bad!

-Armen

13. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    -Black 360 on Artesia in Manhattan Beach. The license plate was the old gold on blue style, and said something like "Shana 2" or "Shawn 2" or something like that.

-Black Maserati Coupe on Sepulvida in Manhattan Beach

-Red Maserati Spyder on Manhattan Ave. in downtown Manhattan Beach

-You know that Honda Civic del Sol that is done to look like a Star Wars fighter? Cought that comming out of the Manhattan Beach Barnes and Noble.

14. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    mbmike...
    that "rental place" is no rental place at all... that looks like Black on Black - they are a shop for new/used ferraris... they have everything from an enzo/f50/f512M/barchetta/... and more! ;)

but I could be wrong... maybe there is another rental place that I don't know about!

B.

15. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Yeah, it was Black on Black. For some reason I always had the impression that they were a rental place. In fact, as I drove by the other day, I was thinking "How cool would it be to rent an F50..." That sure is some dealership. Surely they don't leave all those cars outside at night?

16. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Byron and I saw a silver Maserati Spyder on Alton in Irvine at around 1ish...

Something tells me there was a black 308 GTS cruising around Irvine shortly after as well? :)

17. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Blue 575 on the 5 near San Diego. Looked gorgeous. Was in the 550, we waved, we rolled together for a few miles.

18. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    My dad and I took the 308 out today a cruised around PCH. We came up to a Red carbed 308 and rolled with him for a while, and then later, we were riding along with a Red 348 TS. Gotta love the OC!

19. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I was test driving an RX8 and passed a red Lotus Esprit on Portola in Irvine. Cool car :)

20. TheScarletStang

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Hey jordan how was the RX8? I am getting an RX7 in the next couple weeks! Are your parents for sure buying one? If so lets do a lil race ^_^ 7 vs. 8!
    thats if your parents get one lol
    No sightings except for Rick's F40 at his house! lol damn i love his garage

21. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Rx8 was suprisingly fun!! I really really enjoyed it. I drove two versions, the 240hp 6 speed and the 197hp automatic. The 6 speed was very quick and handled like a dream! Oversteer!! I spun the tires, redlined at 9k rpm, and kicked the back end out for quite a power slide at a few points on the drive. The salesmen had the biggest smile on his face for the slides...Complemented me on the driving :) I think I scared my mom in the back seat though! I have to say that the RX8 was just a blast to drive...very very agile and it loves the revs. Its easy to spin the tires which makes for lots of fun. However, when not being pushed, it becomes pretty sedate and easy to commute in.

The automatic wasnt quite as much fun...No torque whatsoever...However, the automatic did have paddle shifters similar to F1 in a Ferrari. They were pretty smooth and lots of fun. The rpm limiter was at 7,500, so even though it isnt 9,000, its still more than my Mustang!!

I wish my Mustang drove like that! I cant spin the tires on my car for the life of me...

Even after all that fun, my parents decided to wait on the car until later this year in order to make sure they can pay for my college! Im very appreciative :)

22. TheScarletStang

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Glad you had a good time ^_^
    I will only get a 5 speed RX7 lol no automatics for me! boooo

23. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Red 360 Modena and an old Maserati @ Saddle Peak Lodge Friday night.

24. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Ok who was in the silver 550 at starbucks in La jolla last night?

25. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Today:

-Went allongside a red Testarossa on PCH from Redondo Beach to Manhattan Beach
    -Silver 355 Spider parked on Manhattan Beach Blvd in downtown MB.
    -Black 360 in some alley in MB's Hill Section