Spotters Thread 6 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Spotters Thread 6

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by frogman, Jul 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    Saw a red Testarossa with a license plate "Ferari" on Geneva street in Glendale.

2. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Saw a silver 360 Stradale at the car wash on Sepulveda near Olympic.
    Looked pretty clean. I didn't know people put their coupes through the wash.

3. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    ~6:15pm white 348ts (top-on) on Spencer and Anza in Torrance.

Once a long time ago, I saw a yellow F355 spider at the local wash. They didn't put it through the tunnel though, but did it by hand outside. Still surprising though.

4. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Some people are just lazy i guess...

5. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    Wed morning around 10:50 saw a bright red Mondial Cab. heading southbound on the 405 between the 110 & the 710. Beautiful car!

6. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yesterday, a red 550 headed north on the 405 near the Torrance exits, just as I was getting on the freeway southbound. That was around 1ish.

Later on in BH...a silver 360M with full Meridian-style hood scoops, side/bumper skirts, rims, exhaust, etc. on Beverly Dr. coming out of parking. Few minutes later, a silver 308 passed by.

Also saw a Phantom and a pair of yellow and black DB7's.

7. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yesterday: A yellow 360 being deliverd on a flatbed around 4:30-5pm. It was on the 101 going north.
    Today: No Fcar but a yellow Porsche 911 Turbo in the morning around 7:45 in Encino.

8. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    You see a bunch of Ferrari's everyday don't you? I wish i could see 1 a day.

9. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ha, seems like it...so, um, today...red 360M w/ shields and challenge grill on PCH in Redondo Beach. My dad and I were in the red car. We got excited and we pulled up alongside him to wave hello. The guy did not even look over. He was on the phone it looked like, but I doubt he missed us. Seen many coincidentally from 308s to F40s be just as excited to be sharing the passion. Oh well, he's missing out on the fun.

10. clergy

clergy Rookie

Jun 28, 2004
    i saw a brand new white ferrari 360 in the parking lot of bj's pizza in laguna hills. the car was absolutely stunning. it had tinted windows and was manual transmission. i stood drooling for a couple minutes and then my gf wanted to go in and eat. Anyways, completely gorgeous.

11. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    You mean this one? It was at the Crystal Cove car show Saturday morning.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTc2NDIyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

12. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    On Friday, saw a blue Mondial Cab (not a "t") heading southbound on the 405 past LAX at around one PM, then saw a yellow 360 at Barrington & Pico where coincidently, 100 Octane is available :) and at around 10PM a black 355 spyder was parket on Pine Ave & 1st in Long Beach.

Then on Sat morning, a later vintage 348 ts showed up at the Starbucks on PV Drive North and Western.

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Titanium 360M at Burbank Airport in the Valet Lot (!) around 1:30PM. Had an Auto Gallery chrome license plate frame on the back.

Cheers
    Kevin

14. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    White 308 in Silverlake on Glendale Blvd heading north, around 6:15 PM
    Red 348 GTS or GTB (it was dark) heading north on Glendale Blvd just out of downtown around 8:30PM or so.

Cheers
    Kevin

15. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Red F50 in a pack of new Lotus(s) on PCH Saturday evening southbound from Malibu next to Dukes. Red 328 in Pacific Palisades coming down palisades drive same night.

16. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    Saw a yellow F355 Spider going towards Glendale on Verdugo Road on Wednesday.

17. speedball

speedball Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Pasadena Area
    Full Name:
    Scot Anderson
    I've seen a Red 550 or 575 several times on Foothill Blvd. in the Arcadia/Monrovia area ...... thought I was the only guy in this area with a Red 550 .... just wondering who owns this car?

18. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    Silver 550 Maranello on Ventura in Studio City.

19. italcarguy

italcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimicci
    I was in the 308 chasing my buddy in his 911 yesterday about 5:00pm in Francisquito Canyon up in Santa Clarita when a red Testarossa passed us going the other way.

20. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    I do that drive often. The Red TR usually is with a red 355b and a blue Diablo.

21. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Speedball - Darth550 and I take our 550s out almost every weekend for a blast through the LA Canyons. Would love for you to join us. I occassionally drive mine (Red) to Duarte on the 101 /134 / 210.

Here is a pic from Saturday.

22. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Mike550 is better off the line than poor Darth so if you wanna take him you need to be good on the pedals Speedball :( Corral Canyon is great if you are really good at corners and tight spaces. It is almost too narrow, not as bad as Benedict, but there atlease you hit something without going airborne

23. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G

Appreciate the PR! The good thing is that noone is usually there to see Darth wipe me all over the canyons. That man can drive the twistees. Jack up the insurance and check the brake fluid before a run with Darth550.

24. speedball

speedball Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Pasadena Area
    Full Name:
    Scot Anderson
    Mike550 and Darth550 .... Sorry for the delay in responding ..... Hadn't looked at my posting in several weeks. Yes, I'm ready to rumble .... and appresiate the offer to join in on your fun. However, one problem ..... My cars in the shop at the moment for new t-belts, 15k service, etc., and I probably won't see it for another three weeks or so .... And I'm not certain I'm in full bore mode anymore ..... you may have seen my post from a few months ago about my little mishap .... My 550 has incredible control over me .... makes me do crazy things .... I was in Hemet, late one night doing 120+ on a fully improved, deserted road when I unexpectedly came upon three concrete barriers completely across the roadway ..... placed there with no warnings or signage whatsoever. Had little time to react ... had to turn onto the dirt shoulder at the last second .... damaging my front spoiler in the process as I went over a little berm. This was my first dent, scrape, mishap ever, in 30 years of driving, and has made me think about slowing down a bit in the future. I promised myself I'll try to stay under 100 on on-ramps from now on. Deserted Freeways and mountain roads .... well .... all bets are off. Sounds like you two have the same problem when you get behind the wheel of your Maranello's .... like to mix it up a bit .... I'm game .... however, my insurance company doesn't like me anymore ... and besides, I love my 550 more than my girlfriend ... so I promised never to hurt it again. Should have the 550 back in three weeks or so ... I'll send you message when I get it back. Would love to join in. What part of town are you in?