Spotter's Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Spotter's Thread

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ferrari_kid, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    the car does look odd...the bumper shape is funny and what's up with the top...looks like it's not held down that well. It's probably just the angle of the photo...plus the pic was taken while both cars were moving...so it's probably alittle shaky as well.

2. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i didn't get to hear much of the engine because it was stop and go traffic. other than a little bit of light driving it was relatively quiet. i can't really make a judgement on that.

the bumper is level, it's just the lighting. as for the lights, i noticed that they weren't protruding from the grill by much, but it's hard to judge depth from that angle. i think the strongest evidence lies in the outer lights. they appear to be a single shade. under closer examination you can see that it isn't, but it does blend into the brake light very well. i've seen the same situation with Fiero 355 kit cars, where the lights blend in like that.

i wasn't able to judge the proportions of the car very well from where i was. but at the time i was looking at the car nothing seemed odd or out of place. i got a brief look at the interior. it was at a distance, but it seemed to be authentic. it was leather and had a 6 speed gated shift. and the 355 badge is on the car, just out of place (odd?). it's hard to see, but it's just under the middle brake light and to the right.

the other picture i have does nothing to help the situation. if anything it only shows that the outer brake lights look like one solid color, which really reinforces the theory that it could be a kit car. it's really too blurry to see detail.

3. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    First of two was when i was sitting in the Luding library in Bryn Mawr doin a history paper for school, i sat by a window because i knew lancaster ave was always a good spot to find some, so im reading and i look up for a second and see 355 roar by, the tubi was awesome. later that day i drove down to Algar Ferrari right down the road, while my mother filled the gas tank i took a look inside, 550 barchetta(my favorite) 04 575, 2 360, 308, and a 355. then as i am walking out to return to my car, a 348 ts pulls up into the driveway. after gazing for several seconds i returned to my car and proceeded to drive home, and thats when i saw the same 348 on roberts road, since i was driving i followed it all the way around back to the dealership and took in the beautiful sounds of its engine. all in all a great day.

4. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    red 360 spyder crossing the naval academy bridge

5. bimmer32five

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't really see anything cool at work...unless you consider mercedes with large chrome wheels or various suv's with large chrome wheels cool...which I don't.

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    the proportions of the 355 are all wrong, front bumper is messed, right side is wierd, rear bumper bends up and the lights are def. not real

7. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    O.K.
    I was sitting in the back-up this morning @ about 6:30 a.m., on SB 95, between Rt.543 and Rt. 24. I had the windows down and heard this marvelous sound in the NB lane. A red 308 GTS. Looked to be a Euro QV. Anybody here?

8. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    The tail lights the bumper and the exhaust don't look right. Especially the lights. It's probably a fiero

9. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Saw a red 308 today going south on 55.The saw it again atleast i assume it was the same one sitting at the light after gettting off a exit of 55.Ferrari's are pretty rare around here.

10. bimmer32five

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    red TR on 95 south...followed it from rt. 1 in jessup to 95 south...had NY tags following a white c5 convertible.

11. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Red 360 on Wheel Rd. near Todd Lakes yesterday morning. Anyone on this board?

12. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    might have been becker

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

RED 575M, brand spanking new, out for its shakeout cruise today in Villanova by the University.

Man, that is one great looking car!

14. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Black 360 spider, top down on 202 North near Brusters Ice Cream. About 8 PM. Erik, was that you and Jimmy from Cavallo?

15. V12Kid

V12Kid Rookie

Mar 29, 2004
    Centreville, Va
    Full Name:
    matt
    Red Testarossa in Annandale this morning, may 11th, indie dealer tag up front

16. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    Silver 360 spider on 695 this eve 5/11.

17. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    2pm
    5/13
    Old Georgetown Road Bethesda, MD

Red Mondial on a flatbed...hope it wasn't yours.

18. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    panoz roadster thing. detomaso pantera heading toward ny

19. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Silver 550M going past Manor Tavern around 8ish.

20. mauibum

mauibum Rookie

Sep 27, 2003
    Aldie, VA
    Full Name:
    Jim Morris
    ~11:30AM on Saturday May 15th
    Rosso Corsa 308 GTB on the Dulles Toll Road heading East near I-495

21. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Red 308 in Jarrettsville, md. It was parked at a dentist office off of 23 (right by the pharmacy). Anyone on here?

22. Liquid

Liquid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Doylestown, PA
    Red 360 spider top down, corner of 73 & Hylton Rd. in Pennsauken NJ around 3:15PM this afternoon (5/17/04).

23. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    yellow 360 at the Ritz on saturday night?

Antony

24. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Nice, red 1979 308 gts at Chiapparelli's in Little Italy last night.

25. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Teenferrarifan driving a big a55 SUV (actually, looked like a small bus) while I was out this AM in my Dino.

Erik. Good seeing you. How did the Dino sound as I pulled away on Haverford Ave?

I haven't really had the opportunity to hear my own car, after all.