Spotter's thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spotter's thread

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Tifosi1, May 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    Last night between 6-8 I was at the Bulldog on Magazine St. and during that time span the following were parked on the street. Red, F360 Spyder, Gray Porsche Cayman, Black 1965 Chevrolet Malibu SS convertable, yellow Lotus Elise, and my Blue 1967 Mustang fastback.

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Stirring up trouble I take ;)

Have they finished whatever work they were doing to the outside area at Bulldog?

3. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    Nah, it's still a work in progress. If I am seeing it correctly they are constructing a "French Quarter" type courtyard, complete with a few fountains. Whatever, I prefer sitting out on the sidewalk and watching the people and the cars.

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Agreed

5. littlegiant

littlegiant Rookie

Jan 22, 2006
    Mandeville
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    #30 littlegiant, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi everyone, first post. I live in Kenner and drive an Elise. I took some photos today at the lake and thought about this thread, so here you go.

There were 2 Gallardos (yellow and green), an Espirt, and an Elise (me). I've also seen a maroon Gallardo downtown and a white one on the Huey P. Long bridge, both with LA plates.

These photos were taken with a phone, so I'm sorry if the quality isn't the best. Both of the Lambos had 'Scuderia' sheilds, I'm sure some of you guys might not like them so much but I found it amusing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the pics, welcome aboard!

7. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    Nice Elise, I see another yellow one (besides Franco's) around Uptown from time to time. There is also a gray Elise parked on the street in the 4000 blk of Tchoupitoulas, been there for about a week now. I think the Yellow Lambo is owned by a guy that owns several Daquri shops in the Quarter and lives in English Turn. I also seem to remember seeing that black Esprit around Tulane University fairly often.

8. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Hey Gerald, this is Richard (duh!). Long time no speak. I am glad to see you are still enjoying the Elise! I would appreciate it if you could send me a PM with your phone number, I'd like to get a photoshoot together involving your car...if you have time! Thanks :)

9. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Actually, Franco got rid of the Elise for the Exige. ;)
    BTW, I assume you are LE. Are you the one in the 8th I met at his shop a few weeks ago (Just back from Fla vacation, IIRC)?

Dave

10. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    Nah, I work in the 2nd district uptown and don't get down to the Quarter very often. I know Franco from a detail I used to work in the Quarter, haven't seen him in a few months though. I know right after the storm he was leasing a place off of Valence, but I believe he has moved as I have not seen him around as of late.

11. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Oh, OK. I can't remember his name but he was into Mustangs and I saw you had Mustangs in your profile. Sometimes 2 + 2 doesn't = 4 LOL! :D

Dave

12. RacerFlash

RacerFlash Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bob Gordon
    Spotted Franco today in his yellow Exige (looks a lot like the Elise) and he has a silver 360GT on a trailer parked on the side of his house. Not sure if this is a new purchase for Franco, or a ride he borrowed from someone??

Bob "Flash" Gordon

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I was walking down Charters today and on the 500 block I noticed someone hanging a Ferrari flag from their balcony. Anyone know who it is?

The flag looked like it had been there for some time, I am surprised I never noticed it!

14. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It's actually a retired Challenge car and it's his. Helped him load it on the trailer Sat at FoH.

Dave

15. RacerFlash

RacerFlash Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bob Gordon
    I'm sure Franco won't let it stay "retired" for long! :)

Flash

16. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Naaaah! I'm waiting for a temp tag and inspection sticker to show up on it anytime now! ;)

17. SuperCarDreamin'

May 20, 2006
    I saw a 355 F1 around Hammond Going Westbound on I-12 and a silver Lamborghini Murcielago right off of I-12.

18. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Black carb 400 Automatic yesterday on Vets by Worst Buy.

19. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Someone in our subdivision bought an Aston Martin DB9. The V12 coupe. Dark Silver.

I liked it more then I expected. Looks much better in the flesh.

20. SuperCarDreamin'

May 20, 2006
    Riding through Timberlane today I saw an Acura NSX parked on Colony Road. Nice car. I was disappointed that I didn't see any of the cars you guys were talking about.

21. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That's 'cuz mine sleeps in a garage. ;)

22. SuperCarDreamin'

May 20, 2006
    There is also a Porsche Carrera GT at Brian Harris Porsche.

23. black98z71

black98z71 Karting

Nov 26, 2004
    New Orleans
    Black CL65 on vets yesterday--awesome. Anyone know who's it is?

24. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've seen quite a few *65's lately. Latest was a SMOKING hot blonde in a SL65 on St Charles.

25. FutureFerrariDriver

Jul 29, 2006
    Saw a bentley at my country club today, Aston DB9 out side Mclaveys on jefferson today(its out there all the time so if your ever in baton rouge and you wanna see it just drive round there about 4) M6 on I-10, and a couple XLR. Also there is a new M5 that is outside the mercedes dealer.