Spotting at the factory gates, Maranello, Italy (September 2009) | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Spotting at the factory gates, Maranello, Italy (September 2009)

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Lars Theunissen, Sep 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    What is the color of that Scuderia?

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    The Cali looks gorgeous in (I'm guessing) Rubino.

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The Scud with the carbon rockers is Rosso Fuoco. The same RF can be seen in post #42 16M & 599. Also the Scud in post #67 that doesn't have the carbon rockers. Finally in post #111 the dual tone RF Cali with a white roof.
    CH

4. dlynes

dlynes Formula 3

Oct 16, 2004
    Augusta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Dave
    must be amazing to live and grow up so close to maranello to just see this calibers of cars coming and going so frequently.

5. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Yes to Grigio Medio
    The 16M on the flat bed is one of the four matt black cars seen
    And yes again to the R32: that´s my car indeed.

Fun incident concerning the R32: As one on the guards at the Ferrari gate saw my car, he came out with a big smile, declaring: "you driva the numbere one carre!". That was nice :)

Ciao,

Lars T.

6. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Rubino should be correct

7. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    In case you mean me, "close to Maranello" is relative, as it still is a six-hour drive for me, including crossing the Alps (Europe´s largest mountain range). But when comparing the distance Munich-Maranello to USA-Maranello, then indeed it´s just around the corner for me :D

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #158 of2worlds, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
    Lars no mention of the rare Grigio Titanium 16M which appears after the Rosso Rubino Cali in post #149! The Nero Matte on the flatbed has silver caliper but the earlier example being driven had red calipers. Surprising number of old Ferrari models driven about. The (Verde Pino?) Green 275 GTB is missing it's outside rear view mirror...
    CH

9. dlynes

dlynes Formula 3

Oct 16, 2004
    Augusta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That is very true...yup, close compared to me (Tampa, FL) with all your pictures you have posted I assumed you did live closer than 6 hours. thanks for continuing to post pictures, love them all and always look forward to your posts.

10. FQ340

FQ340 Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    ahmet
    Thanx for the great pictures Lars.
    Next step should be to add a wav file.. :)

11. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Did anyone else notice that on the 16Ms the "16M Scuderia Spider" badge below the fender shield is missing? The rear diffuser is also missing on the cars. Anyone know why?

-G.B.

12. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think it's the same one that that was in the previous update (#135). Defenitely one of the best colors for the Scuderia/16M IMO. The Rosso Fuoco Scud is gorgeous too. I never saw that color before this thread!

13. ampretty001

ampretty001 Rookie

Sep 23, 2009
    Nice shots..
    Thanks for sharing very well appreciated..

14. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Yes, it's indeed the same one as seen earlier in the thread, leaving the factory. On this pic it's returning again.

BTW, a Ferrari dealer has confirmed to me that matt black will be a colour offered for the 458 Italia.

Ciao,

Lars T.

15. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    BTW, this 275 is also on a test drive from Toni's workshop, where usually several nice classics (and moderns) can be found.

16. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    They are probably put on afterwards. The diffuser for sure.

Gr. Martin

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    All the new Ferrari models photographed appear to be wearing their delivery wheels. In the past new cars were sent out for their pre-shipping test drive on wheels mounted with tires that Ferrari kept in stock for that purpose. Then when the vehicle was finished the correct wheels as per the customer order were installed before the Ferrari finally left the factory.
    CH

18. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    #168 Lars Theunissen, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, finally I´ve come to the end of my pics! Which is sad for this thread, but good for me, as I can now concentrate on my main hobby again: my Ferrari VIN-database (any details on your Ferraris always very welcome)!

The old racer was a very nice surprise - being test driven by the Classiche department. Also finally I saw a yellow 599 GTB as well as a yellow 16M, I think both look great in that colour.

And kept for my last post, a 16M seen on my first day in metallic yellow (!) with a yellow interior! I guess this might be the "Giallo Modena Tristato" that was officially introduced on the 458 Italia and very probably this 16M will be unique in this colour. As it´s a Euro LHD car, I´m very curious to see where it will end up finally!

When I visit Maranello next time (hopefully in spring 2010), I guess I will have dozens of 458 Italias to show you :)

Ciao,

Lars T.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Can't speak to the history, but in late 2007 they were mounting the buyer specified wheels on the production line which were then run on the shake-down drive prior to shipment. I also recall seeing the special handling instructions posted on the line for the new ball polished wheels.

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Sounds like the costs ate into another plant proceedure. Thanks for the details!
    CH

21. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #172 250californiafan, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I wonder if that car is going to Michael Fux, as he tends to buy cars with yellow interiors and exteriors. He has a Scuderia with that exterior color.

22. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Fux already owns an incredibile 16m; dark red with white interior and red carbon fiber. Here is a picture I took of it: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2631/3880969348_1e501e7f61_b.jpg

Anyone care to embed?

23. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I'm a bit disappointed about the three-layer yellow, looks dull under that neutral lighting. Possibly it becomes much stronger under sunlight or direct light, but I don't really like the shade pictured.

24. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Thank you for sharing these excellent photo's. It is greatly appreciated.