Spray shine wipe down and cloth baby diapers... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spray shine wipe down and cloth baby diapers...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by snakes, Sep 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snakes

snakes Rookie

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    david skinner
    No spray shine for me. The forum was right about causing scratches. Very minor, very hard to see surface stuff, but yes they were there. I've only had the car for a few months and haven't driven it much, so I hadn't spray shined it much either.

I'm going with washing it properly, and a applying a nice coat of carnauba wax a few times a year along with frequent leather conditioner for the interior (I bought Bickmore Bick 4 leather conditioner) God help me if Bickmore destroys leather, please tell me now if it does, there's still time.

paulchua likes this.
  2. snakes

snakes Rookie

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    david skinner
    Just got a grit screen bucket and air blower from Griots garage. The blower seems like a great idea for nooks, plus the side strakes on the "Testa" needs a blower. But I especially liked the guy who blew his car dry with a leaf blower. Not a bad idea.

3. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I use micro fine rags on my bikes and cars, they really work well in my opinion, I have never used a babies diaper .

4. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I love my leaf blower for knocking off a lot of water after the rinse. Still needs a cloth wipe in most cases, and that's done with a microfiber cloth.

5. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    The spray shine or "quick detailer" spray does not cause the scratches, it's the cloth you are using and/or the dust in the rag or on the car. So if you are using the same cloth and method with carnauba wax you may get the same scratches.

As for Bickmore 4, it's great stuff. We use it mostly on shoes and furniture, but it has kept both in flawless condition for decades. My fine leather sofas from 1992 still look new and are soft and essentially flawless. Using Bickmore 4 and Leatherique for the car now.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Appreciate your time responding! Thanks