Spring 06 spotted | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spring 06 spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ok, don't take me so literally. I can't distinguish between an Elise and an Exige. The Exige is cooler, but when seen alone I couldn't say which one is which. What I've spotted were probably Elises.

2. speedy4500

speedy4500 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2004
    It was turning off North Ave just west of Lake Shore Drive, so it wasn't near where you were. I was going to Flat Top Grill on North Ave with some friends, then to Sam's Wines to pick up some goodies for last night :)

With the weather starting to turn nice, there are definitely more nice cars out now. We saw at least 4 Porsches, countless AMG Benzes, and a black E60 M5 too.

3. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

360 spider on north ave. was me, i live in old town.

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Thursday last week: beautiful blonde young lady driving her red 430 coupe to LFSC on Waukegan.

Friday last week: amazing looking but a little out of the ordinary, all white 430 coupe in Buffalo Grove.

RocketBoy

5. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
  6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Those cars are very similar looking to me. especially if it was passing by at speed.

Well, no spotteds other than 2 beautiful Red 308's, and a gorgeous White Testarossa at Spikes house, yesterday...:)

But, I just got my monthly "Wrecked Exotics" E-Mail today. (man, that is sad to look at...:( ) But they show the first Maserati MC12 wreck, and Murcielago Roadster wreck. Courtesy of the "More money than Brains" crowd over in Dubai.

8. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    They were born into money, got money to burn, probably act differently away from their toys so... why not? I think its stupid as well but they have earned the right in terms of $$$ or birth. If Jr made millions, got you a classic TR to join him with his FXX yet kept blowing the engine, I would never say, " He's just an idiot." He earned the right to do whatever he wants and if he is abusive to his toys yet a class act and open to others, as many of these super rich are, well that's just the lifestyle. We should be more disgusted to the man who destroys ultra rare X15s left and right with no remorse as his reset/reboot button are just a few inches away. Eurotrash!

RocketBoy

Edit: Forgot to mention, green or blue 456 in Rolling Meadows trying to keep up with a SL65.

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just saw the dark purble Lambo at Ed's. Beautiful car. Truly an exotic.

10. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    As we were leaving Spikes Sunday, a black 308 heading east on Spike's street!

11. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    When you're born into something, you didn't earn it.

12. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I agree with you... Perhaps earned is a bit much but right of passage I would definitely be content with considering seeing all the supercar wrecks in way off foreign lands. But I see no difference in what could possibly happen within the FOC and local Chicago crew. Given this is spring spotted and if a Dad is taking his kid out and has some challenge by an import, Im sure that victorious Civic driver will lament and later think that,( if the kid was driving,) he didn't deserve such a crap Euro car anyway cause it's Daddy's money. Dad would think differently, wanting to share his wealth and passion in family. I could see in this group, and have already elsewhere, Ferraris and other high end cars being based down generations. Did the kids deserve or "earn" those cars? I think yes only in the fact that, well is there another word? And they have them because it's family: people can do whatever they want with them. Money and success given and recieved will not be the same as if it were made on its own, that is for certain. But would that person who got the cars for nothing be deemed underserving by the parents? It doesn't matter because those who can afford them can do whatever they want with them. I guessed earned the right of passage?

If you follow F1 you would know the story of Qaddafi's son and his behavior. Despite his attitude, given his gifts of wealth, taste for high end cars, influence of power, and connections, I would not like to see a fellow Chicagoan dispute the fact today with him that, " Hey man, you didn't earn that." I am sure they would have a different reply and not even the mighty biker/mobster Frank could save you. Perhaps the Swiss Special forces but I bet he would be too fixed on the local F1 race.

RocketBoy

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh sure, I do agree with that. If they are born into the big money, they can do whatever they want with it. I don't give a rats ass.

But, my point was this. There are these little rich boys all over the world that get their daddy to buy them these very expensive cars. BUT.....and here's my point....They probably do NOT have ANY additional Driver TRAINING in order to be able to PROPERLY HANDLE a car like that!

That shows me two things....

First, regardless of how much "money" they have. Should they just be allowed to drive recklessly in a high powered automobile like that? "Money" definitely does not mean "Brains", or "Ability". Oh, should they just be allowed to jump in without any secondary driver training and "go for it?" Just beacuse daddy has "money"? And, where are they doing that high speed, untrained driving? On the street? Where they now jeopordize innocent lives? Just because they have "money"? That (money) does NOT give them ANY....ANY "right", whatsoever, to put other peoples lives in jeopardy. Bullsh*t! Man!

Look at that pathetic piece of human garbage that killed an innocent young Mother and her BABY last Summer....with a Ferrari....in West Chicago. Just because his daddy has some "money", did that give him the "Right" to go out in a high powered car. With NO Driver training. And, continually....constantly... Speed on PUBLIC ROADS---Which are NOT his own Personal little Race Track, regardless of how much "money" daddy has. Continously getting Speeding ticket after speeding ticket. Yet, because big daddy has some "money" was allowed to contunue driving his high powered sports car....on PUBLIC ROADS....and finally...No...EVENTUALLY---KILL-Murder- 2 innocent lives? JUST because his daddy has some "money"? BULL!!!!!

Second. Damn right I'd get my Kid an Enzo FXX or something to play around with if I had the expendable cash. BUT....He wouldn't even be allowed to Start the thing without getting some very serious Driver TRAINING, FIRST. I value his Life more than all of the money in the world! And I would make damn sure that he would be able to Handle ....and RESPECT...the Power of a car like that, Before he would be allowed to drive it. Geez, doesn't that big daddy give a crap about his sons life?

Money can buy just about anything....but Life itself. I told you about my old Buddy whose Family is worth $500Million. Yet, no matter how much money they have. It could not save their sons life.

And, not even to mention the pathetic disrespect for an awesome car like that! ....."just because they have the money in which to do it"....?

To see a car with all of that technology and craftsmanship put into it. Sold for a Million Bucks. Then, given to some punk to go out and wreck it in a few weeks? Come on, Man! Thats B.S.! No matter how you slice it! Too bad Enzo wasn't still alive. He wouldn't let "just anybody" buy one of his "Special Cars". REGARDLESS of how much Money they had....Or who they think they are....

And, I suppose that there are alot of people that have "money" that seem to think that they can do whatever they want and get away with it. And, unfortunately, the sad fact of the matter is. As long as there are people in Public Office. Whatever position it may be. That fall into that same pathetic train of thought. And value "money" more than human life, by accepting Bribes and Payoffs, and allowing that crap to continue. That sad fact is that it will continue.....That is, perhaps, until one of Their loved ones fall victim.....
    Hey, just my own .02c.....:)

14. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Agreed. I don't care what they do with their money, either. I just don't like people who are inheritance rich, daddy rich, etc... being seen as self made people who "earned" what they have ;)

15. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Nothing interesting spotted lately?
    Coming back to the subject......

16. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    Lotus Elise on ogden down by continental
    Maserati quattroporte sport gt comming out of Fullers car wash
    Ferrari 355 at the intersection of york and ogden with a black carrera 4s behind it.

got pics of them all if anyone is interested.

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I see the word 'JEALOUS' superimposed over some of the previous statements.

Phrases such as,"I don't give a rat's ass" and "Agreed. I don't care what they do with their money, either. I just don't like people who are inheritance rich, daddy rich, etc... being seen as self made people who "earned" what they have;" show you do care! And you probably wish you were in the same boat!

Would you feel the same if you were???

We have some very nice people in this forum that were, 'born into money'. But you'd probably never know it! Most are just regular people.........

So...... enough my children! 'absent' had the right idea. :)

18. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Exactly, and that's what they should be seen as. I have no problem with them, and I apologize if I offended someone. My intention was not to start an argument. Jealousy plays no part in my view on this. I just don't think they should be idolized and looked at in the same way as someone who busted their ass to get where they are (e.g. Their parents if that's the case), and I'm sure the logical people of that group would agree.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Tony George vs Bernie Ecclestone

20. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Hello Emperor,

Im sorry for ranting an off topic in the spotted section its just that based on what you said, there are people born into money and casual observations really don't tell the whole story and most likely are on a biased point of view. It would definitely be better for an non model specific thread section discussion and I really wonder if it has been debated. I remember you introducing me to the son of the owner of the most wild Ferrari collection (original TRs and GTOs, added "garage"? ) I have heard of locally. He drove his Dad's Boxer to a local meet and joked how he got a ticket on the way. Based on this alone, would someone who saw him on the road being pulled over, Ferrari owner or not, report on a chat site that young man was deserving or behaving well? I am guessing not. Same with the beautiful blonde in the 430 I saw while getting work done at LFSC, people would just assume the worst about her and she might have even earned the car all on her own.

Sorry for going on and on, but I just find it a very interesting topic but it is best reserved for conversation inviting my big bad Pollock comrade Frank over for a beer instead of a public forum. We'll even bust out pong if need be Frank. Speaking of which, try to figure out how to work your answering machine Skippy! Vince, Bill, Andreas and I will toast you at my home in the midst of rocket launches and 1:18 addictions. If you want to bring your limo load of Playboy Bunnies, they can compare hair care bits with the one that got away from you, my wife.

RocketBoy

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

No, Skip. Not "jealous" one bit. I am quite "comfortable". My Family has always been "comfortable", moneywise. If trhat is so important. No need for extreme "wealth" like those Oil dudes in Dubai that I was referring to. Besides....How do YOU define "Wealth"? My definition is Health, Family, Friends, ETC...That is FAR more important, in my opinion, than anything else! Not something as trite as "money". That is pathetic, Man!

What I was ranting and raving about is how David, once again, jumping in and defending a group of people that he doesn't even know. At the expense of the people that he does know. I merely mentioned that how often we see the little rich boy get his daddy to get him a million dollar supercar. But, thinks that just because his daddy can afford it. He has the "ability" in which to safely and properly drive it. Without taking any serious driver training...AND.....without taking out some innocent bystanders along the way. Then totalling it out on PUBLIC ROADS. And, why does our society condone that with the "rich people" and let them continually get away with it! Thats all! Read it, Man. Read it!

In my original post in this thread, (which was "On Topic", BTW...) All that I said was that, here we go again....some little rich boy totalling out yet another million dolllar car....That was ALL I said. Then, David jumps in and gets all defensive of the poor little rich boys. I merely countered saying that he needs to realiize that money does NOT equal Brains, Brawn, Class, Ability, whatever. And, that there is this pathetic group of people out there that Idolize people like that. Why, I don't know. Maybe THEY are the Jealous ones, eh, Skip?:) And, that these little rich boys always seem to "get off the hook" when they F/U. No, man. Jealous I am not....:) That is really laughable, Skip!

And, I really think, (hope?) that Davids perspective of this will change when he becomes a parent. Will he then think that poor little rich boys should be racing around on PUBLIC ROADS in high powered sportscars. When his wife and baby are out driving on those SAME Public Roads? I think not. You do change your thinking about things like that when you have kids. It's definitely not soemthing to idolize or condone. Get the point now?

But, I TOTALLY agree with what MikeAR303 said. And, I do feel that this DOES belong in the spotted thread. Seeing that we see these cars driving around on our Public Roads. And point it out in this thread. When is one going to ram into YOU doing 100+ miles an hour?????. You never know....as long as they keep getting away with it!

And, yeah, I contend that I do not give a rats ass about these people, that, sadly, some people idolize. Nuff said!...:)

Have a nice day! Me? I have other plans.....;) I need to go now....I am getting Totally Freaked out by that really weird "Old Navy" commercial with the people dancing around, creepily, on the roof!.....Yikes!:(

22. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    a brand new cayman s at oakbrook mall around 8, parked so coulda been there for a while and a bmw 645 ci and a porsche carrera.

23. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    :) :(

24. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    HOLY CRAMOLY Frankieman; I never thought such a tacit reply would solicit such a turgid response!

I'M OVERWHELMED!!!!

Now I don't know what to say, other than I saw a Mangusta today. No, not the Detomaso, but the most recent one made. I believe there are only 200 of them!?

25. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    While on business, spotted a beautiful looking orange Lambo Murci heading south on the toll just near Gurnee yesterday morning.

I had also forgot to mention that during my last visit to Volo about a week ago, they had a Bugatti listed for $650K. By far their most expensive but Im not too sure on the number being right nor how it reflected the car's current condition. No Ferraris, Lambos or Porsche. Volo seems to be set in a funk where they have the Fast and Furious show cars among the 70s muscle cars. Very few classics, euro exotics, heck even military vehicles to which I slightly remember seeing as a boy there in the early 80s. One of the first 308s I had ever seen was there, in a gold color of all tones.

RocketBoy