Spring 2018 Stooge tip. | FerrariChat

Spring 2018 Stooge tip.

Discussion in '348/355' started by TrojanFan, Nov 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If you are planning to attend the Spring 2018 Stooge event, I suggest you get your turkey now. Smaller frozen turkeys are cheap now. Perfect for Vince's deep fryer. I stocked up on 4.

2. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Holy crap!! You must like turkey Peter.

3. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    We have a tiny freezer big enough for ice cubes

4. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I would like to show my face this time for the first time. I don't know how you handled it w/o me til now
    I'll keep an eye out for the date of there is room for one more attendee

5. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Fried a bird for TG, think it was a turkey. Might have been a peacock, can't rightly recall last week. Yes, Peter is correct, but I usually buy 2 around Christmas. Still, we have found turkeys locally in between the holiday season, but they are not cheap. My wife is kind of mad at me for slopping peanut oil around the pool deck. I need to be more careful next year. We do have those pig oil pads for oil changes, but I might commandeer them. ;)

6. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    That was not you on the news starting your turkey frier on fire was it??
    Just kiddin

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Is this thing happening in CA?

8. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yes. Late Spring and Fall events.

9. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Maybe I should move to Southern California.

10. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Grant, we SoCal fryers have CalOSHA watching us so we use electric fryers that make these fires less likely. Of course we still have to dispose of the oil - I send mine out to an AZ superfund site. Or I just give it to one of those end-of-the-world biodiesel driving nuts.

Hammonds rider likes this.
  11. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Guys, just sharing the news that "Tri Tip" Don is moving to FL. He has a new job there. Sorry to see him move. I secured the "Ketel" from him for the next recipient but we will be missing that delicious tri tip and his company at the next event.

12. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Bummer. Tritip don is a great guy. Next stooge event in his honor.

13. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Ah crap was hoping he would stay
    I go to Fl a lot will have to stop by say hi

14. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    You are going to have to pick up the slack with perogies and something with provolone cheese

SoCal1 likes this.
  15. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    When is the Spring Stoogefest?

As mentioned I used to live in Long Beach back when that part of the country was reasonably sane and they made airplanes on Long Beach Blvd.

My wife is feeling nostalgic and wants to go back for a visit. Perhaps I can time it right. I already have a hall pass as she wants to go shopping one afternoon.

Coming from WI, I can bring cheese. :)

16. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Heck yeah been working on a new recipe for pastrami for someone, its a 30 day cure deal twice cooked. Just about nailed it.
    I need a 30 day heads up to get it going :)

Here is it 5 min ago, can you smell it. Imported Sonora mesquite charcoal cooked over. Had cousin Donald let me bring it in on AF-1

xo

Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Need to push Vince for a Spring Date. I'm out of the country sometime in June, but available June 2 and June 30. My May is wide open as is my July. Fall Stooge tentatively October 6 but subject to change as we get closer.

18. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    I’m not sure what decade you are referring to. Long Beach dipped in the 90’s. It is now better than anytime in its history. Downtown area has been revamped. Clubs and restaurants dot Pine Square and Shoreline Village. I’m almost certain Long Beach has more places to go and things to see than all of Wisconsin. What was McDonald Douglas is now Boeing and its on Lakewood Blvd. not Long Beach Blvd but if you’re talking about model airplanes, I could be wrong. :)

19. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    LAKEWOOD! That's it. God it has been awhile. Yea, I was one of the last ones out as a McDonnell Douglas employee.

No, not model airplanes son. There are many reasons I left that place. The restaurants were not one of them. Once you have seen "all of the places", then maybe it doesn't matter any more. :)

20. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Pastrami! you speak my language. Last time in the CITY I had to get my pastrami fix. Ate at 3 deli's in a week ,including Carnegie before they shut down forever. I was at Brent's last week...

21. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Were having a Ferrari car show - lunch at Virgin Orbit tomorrow morning, LB is bigger better then ever for sure. Amazon wants the C17 building real bad if they can make the deal

22. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    I heard the paint job on a C17 cost hundred thousands of dollar. Boeing pays its employees 30 an hour to watch paint dries before another layer goes on. Couldn’t a $5 stop watch done the same task. I’m not a paint expert that’s why I ask.

Southern California is the epicenter of fads and trends. What here today maybe gone tomorrow. One door closes another one opens. Countless things to see and do cause they are always changing. In fact the Ferrari 355 spider is only thing that remains a timeless classic. Oops, gentlemen I apologize. I just realized this is not an aviation or a vacation chat forum. It’s stoogfest fooderies suggestion. Turkey is always good

23. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    I hope I get to make it to a stoogefest! I really want to meet you.

24. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    I don’t owe you money do I? If you’re coming to collect, I don’t have any right now. But you should come for the StoogeFest. It’s a gathering of 348/355 enthusiasts spanning three generations. Most are The Coke Generation. A few Pepsi Generation and I think we have one Millennial LoL. You won’t be disappointed. The horseplay and off the wall jokes alone is worth the trip. Beside there are many eateries and watering holes in the area. Bars and restaurants have hundreds of beer on tap. Whatever your flavor they have them. The best place to get your drink on usually attract girls. Sometimes they get rowdy and dance with neatly any clothes on but no one cares. It’s all about the beer. Hopefully the Stooge date doesn’t fall during a total eclipse or a full moon. I didn’t make it to the last gathering. :(

25. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I only want to see Roth if he brings his Russian girlfriend and she brings along her sister.