Spring Greetings From Maine | FerrariChat

Spring Greetings From Maine

Discussion in 'New England' started by dpardyferrari, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dpardyferrari

dpardyferrari Karting

Aug 7, 2002
    Brunswick Maine
    Full Name:
    Darrell Pardy
    For all those southerners in hots spots like Boston, Hartford, and NYC, I just want you to know that spring has officially arrive in Southern Maine (not sure about the northern neighbors).

After a major fluid check, a tire pressure adjustment, belt check, a wind and barometric pressure check, and finally a conversation with two robins plucking worms from my lawn, I fired up the 308 with its Tubi exhaust and welcomed spring. Took a short 20 minute drive around town and back to homestead. Only problem I had was wiping the goofy grin off my face and stopping the giddiness from spilling over into the rest of my daily routine.

2. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    #2 jwise, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well done. It's good to hear she made it through the cold winter without a problem. I guess spring is here, and we must drive these cars more often again...:)

My car is good, but never really was put away for the season. With work being done on it down in Boston, and the lack of snow- I seemed to be able to drive it every month. I actually drove her to work at least once in February and March! I'm looking for a few April days soon.

Right now, she is in pieces around the garage- come by if you want to see what looks like a crime scene.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Hi John,
    What are you doin got her this time?

Curious people want to know...

4. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    I'm "altering" the exhaust flow, front brakes, transfer gear locking nut (should have done it with the clutch last summer) royal purple gear oil, crankcase/trans sump pan with new sealing nuts, motor cleaning which is easier with the exhaust out and removal of some heat shields, exhaust donut gaskets (big pain to remove the old ones- really) and other various maintenance stuff like lubing up all cables, cable guides, hinges, etc.

Just want to get her ready for the summer.

How about you?- I hope your winter was good, and your 308 is gearing up for another fun summer.

I'm bummed that I'm going to miss the dyno-day at KTR next month. Oh-well.

5. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Pulled my car out of the shelter Sat & up onto the lift for a couple of weeks of work.

I'm pulling my front spoiler & fixing the speed bump induced cracks, plus laying on some extra layers of fibreglass behind the weaker areas. Will be glad when the body work is behind me. However, I seem to be getting a lot quicker at it.

While it's off I'll see if I can oil the blower motors whilest I've got it off. Also will ck into my A/C coolant leak. Oh, yes am Installing Xenarc HID headlights & driving lights.

Also, while it's on the lift: adj my clutch(never got to it last summer & the pedal is a little high), lubeing clutch & throttle cables, install vent tube for the alternator housing, remove door handle & powdercoating it, Plus some misc. small stuff here & there.

6. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Verell, you are a busy man! Did you ever get my recent email and reply? I am having massive email issues bordering on the absurd. John 348 spider

7. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    #7 jwise, Apr 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Verell,
    Sounds like fun. If you are working on that spoiler this weekend, I wouldn't mind coming by if you want the help. I'm looking to take my spoiler off soon and fix some cracks and repaint. A few photos of yours removed would help alot. I mean, I've got to drive the car somewhere, it might as well be somewhere I can learn something.

Here is what happened to my cats this weekend. She breathes nicely now. My old ones had failed anyway- so out they came,ran a perfed pipe down the middle, and rewelded them in. The second photo is what came out of them. Big mess.

John W.