Springfield Il. Cars n Coffee 8/24 | FerrariChat

Springfield Il. Cars n Coffee 8/24

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by f4udriver, Aug 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    #1 f4udriver, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anyone close to Springfield Illinois

We are planning our second event starting in the parking lot of Isringhausen Imports at 10:00AM Saturday the 24th. Then driving to the local Friday's for lunch.

The last event (first) had 17 cars, 6 Ferrari's, a Gallardo, Lotus, MP4-12C, 3 Replica Cobra's, Mosler MT900, XKE, 2 Ford GT's, and a Mercedes with gull wing doors (not sure of model).

Anyone close to the area is invited.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I may plan the trip, and try to bring along a few pals...

3. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    I live in Decatur and had no idea something like this was happening so close :( Are any kind of cars or trucks welcome?

4. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Right now we are trying to keep this to Exotic cars or unique cars such as the Cobra's

Certainly everyone is welcome to come but the reserved parking area will be for the specialized cars.

Our goal is to get the excitement started up with the Exotics and then open it up to all.

We are not sure what will happen as our local area only has 110,000 people so how many specialized cars can there be. Everyone was surprised that we could even get the numbers we did at the last one.

One concern is that this could turn into a type club event. We want it to stay open to all with no one type dominating.

I was contacted by an old high school buddy who just started a car club and we will be working on more events with them as well.

The main idea is for people who think and dream alike to meet and have fun.

So yes please come by

5. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Right now we are trying to keep this to Exotic cars or unique cars such as the Cobra's

Certainly everyone is welcome to come but the reserved parking area will be for the specialized cars.

Our goal is to get the excitement started up with the Exotics and then open it up to all.

We are not sure what will happen as our local area only has 110,000 people so how many specialized cars can there be. Everyone was surprised that we could even get the numbers we did at the last one.

One concern is that this could turn into a type club event. We want it to stay open to all with no one type dominating.

I was contacted by an old high school buddy who just started a car club and we will be working on more events with them as well.

The main idea is for people who think and dream alike to meet and have fun.

So yes please come by

6. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Anyone thinking of coming last minute
    Isringhausen Imports has a Jaguar 220 they will have out for us to look over.

I have never seen one yet so should be pretty cool

7. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Do custom S10's count? :p

8. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Just got back from the event we had 3 cobra's, 2 Ferrari's, an Aston Martin Vantage, a Countach, an MP4, a series 1 XKE, a Porsche, a Maserati, and 2 Ford GT's

Not bad for a relatively small town.

Next one will be in September.

9. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
  10. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    #10 FordMan, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
    The cars & coffee in Springfield was a great idea, I missed the first one because I didn't know about it. The second one was pretty good, I wish more people would come. To f4udriver, I have a couple suggestions. One, I know there are exotics in Decatur; such as ford GT, Bentley continental, lotus (few different models), gallardo, ferrari. Some people that have exotic cars don't care to bring them to these events and that needs to change. People need to get the word out more and make sure these people know about the event.

Secondly, I think it would be a neat idea if people would list exotics/unique cars they know or have seen in Springfield on this site and then you can get an idea of what cars could come or you need to try and get to the events. I know some people have multiple and it is hard to get them all to each event, but we need to try.

To f4udriver, thank you and I'm just curious, did you recently buy that black MP4-12C from Isringhausen? I know I heard someone say they made an offer, but it says you have one, so I was just wondering. Also were the 2 Ford GT's from the last event from Springfield or just near by?

Please let me know when the next event is so I can try to find people to come, thanks again.

11. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Yes I live in Decatur and theres a 458 spider, and a few other ferraris here, my neighbor has a bentley continental gt and 3 rolls royces; silver spur silver serapoh and corniche convertible that has never had the top down. A guy here who used to own a yellow superleggera that I got a ride in recently traded it in on a White Maserati Grancabrio and a 2012 Porsche Carrera S convertible. I also know a guy who has a yellow Ford GT with no stripes (in 2005 they only made 28 without stripes, 8 of which were yellow and he owns the only yellow one with no stripes they made with black calipers so its basically a one off car) and he knows the other 3 GT owners in town, white/blue, grey/black, and silver/black. Supposedly there are a few other Lambo's in town though but I've only ever seen a red diablo, but one of my buddys grandparents own a local busines here and they have a Continental Speed Convertible, Rapide, and recently aquired a Ghost. I've been wanting to organize an exotic car event myself here in town since I know most of the owners but haven't done it yet

12. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Quite a few Vipers here too, buddys dad has one, A guy i work with's friend has one, and a few more, and supposedly theres one in storage here thats a turbo and has 900hp. There is a yellow and black Hennessy Vette 700 runnin around though with TX plates

13. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    We will be having at least one more event before the end of the year.

If anyone can get me the info for the Decatur owners that would be great. The way this seems to work is you find one guy who leads to 2 more who leads to 3 more etc.
    Right now I do not have the first one to get started in Decatur.

Believe it or not there are 7 Ford GT's in Springfield but 3 are not driven.

14. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    GarechtExotics, thank you for the info, I had no idea there were that many there. I have only seen a few of those listed before. I know there is a guy with a continental and a gallardo, and I have seen a few lotus' and other lambos and a few different maseratis, also saw a brand new gold bentley the other day, not sure if it is from around here. You should try to get a cars and coffee organized soon and get f4udriver some contacts and get them to Springfield. Also just curious what business do they own?

f4udriver, please let me know when and I will try and get the word out and wow I had no idea, that is awesome except for the 3 that don't get driven. Thank you

15. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Bodine Electric and Communications is the business they own. Theres a guy with a Continental and Gallardo here in Decatur? What color is the Gallardo? Also a gold Bentley? I saw a quattroporte a while back and more recently while driving through a not so good part of town another quattroporte with people who im not going to profile driving it.

16. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    That makes since, I wish these people would drive their cars around when I'm there. Yes, like an 05 black continental and a green gallardo. Yes I think it was just passing through and I used to see a Maserati. If I can ever get pictures I will be use to post them

17. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Yea, the Continental is my neighbors and I've never seen a green Gallardo, how long ago was it?

18. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Well that is a good neighbor to have. My dad works in Decatur and said this guy has a black bentley and a green gallardo, so it could be a different guy, I'm not sure. Do you own any exotics? And you said you know a lot of these car owners in Decatur, you need to try and get them to the next cars and coffee in Springfield

19. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    #19 GarechtExotics, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have been wanting to get an event organized myself but I hate bothering owners, i feel like a nusiance. I will start to talk to a few owners here and hopefully we can get something worked up!
    Also I do not own any exotics sadly, I wish I did, Im just driving a custom S-10 lol

20. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I understand, but you know what? Cars are meant to be driven & shown off, a lot of people who have the money & the cars don't care to show them off. If one would get started in Decatur or bring those cars to springfield that would be great! & nice, I only have an F-150, we can't all have exotics, that's why we need others to show them off lol

21. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    I agree completely. The original plan was get a meet and greet with all the owners I know and if the word spread a bit the other people with exotics/nice cars somewhere then go on a cruise through a few twisty windy road. If I was able to get to everyone and they could all come I would've been looking at 12-13 cars

22. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    That would be awesome, you should get ahold of them the worst they could say is no. Please let me know if you get any info & get something started. What are the 13 cars they have that you plan to get?

23. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Cant remember all off the top of my head right now and heres more than 13 but Atleast 2 Bentleys, 4 Ford GT's, 2 Maserati's, 2 Ferrari's, Rapide, Ghost, Jaguar XKR, Elise, couple or 3 Vipers , ZO6, Cayman, SL63 AMG

24. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    And I do live by a guy who has a Porsche 993 GTS3 in his garage that he races at Joliet alot, I could always see if he wants to trailer it lol

25. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    That would be a great group of cars to have shown off! I love me my Ford GT's lol I wish I knew this many people with exotics! I think more people and cars would come if the event benefited something, such as pay a few dollars and the money goes to a charity like the Ronald McDonald house. Do you know if there are any car shows coming up in Decatur?