Squadra Toro Rosso!!! | FerrariChat

Squadra Toro Rosso!!!

Discussion in 'F1' started by s_eric09, Oct 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    That is such a kick ass name!

VIVA LA SQUADRA TORO ROSSO!!!!

much better than red bull usa, or red bull minardi...

i like it

your thoughts?

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Great name!

Squadra Toro Rosso = Team Red Bull (in english)

I16 likes this.
  3. Bab

Bab Formula 3

Dec 4, 2004
    Moncton/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I agree, but I love the sound of the name Minardi, it has a nice ring to it.

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #4 GrigioGuy, Oct 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Good Riddens to the BARKING DINGO FROM AUSTRALIA!

6. tylerblue

tylerblue Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Tyler Blue
    He's not out for good. I'm sure he'll find a way to keep barking somehow :p

7. azbobbybooshay10

Jun 4, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Bobby Patricca
    I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say that you aren't a huge Paul Stoddard fan, huh? ;)

8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    DECEMBER 15, 2017

Toro Rosso working to fit Honda engine

Toro Rosso is working hard to fit the Honda power unit into its 2018 car.

The basis of the Red Bull junior team's car for next year was designed around the Renault power unit, but that deal is moving to McLaren for 2018.

Toro Rosso technical boss James Key said the Honda unit is "fundamentally different".

"It's a very compact unit, but a different architecture to the Renault. It requires a lot of adaptation work," he told Speed Week.

Key said Toro Rosso cannot start the Honda-powered 2018 car "from scratch" because the main aerodynamic surfaces of the car are already set in stone.

9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    MARCH 20, 2018

Toro Rosso took pressure off Honda says Key

Toro Rosso has confirmed rumours Honda made a big step forward over the winter after the Japanese engine manufacturer got more 'freedom'.

One analysis of the big improvement made by Honda since the McLaren split is that it now has more room to breathe as its new partner, Toro Rosso.

Technical boss James Key confirms: "We told them 'Do whatever you need to do with your engine'.

"'Don't worry about the chassis. If it means a little more weight or size, we'll find a way. We just didn't want to put pressure on them," he told Auto Motor und Sport.

Key said the outcome of that was good reliability and driveability in the winter tests.

He added: "I don't know how much better Renault has got, but we are not far from what we were used to in 2017.

"I think the differences that were talked about last year were a little over the top."

tifoso2728 likes this.
  10. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Here's hoping the Toro Rosso Honda finishes in the top 4 of the championship. The only problem I see is the relatively inexperienced drivers.

classic308 likes this.
  11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If they beat McLaren look for major management shake ups there.

Honda wants to power the RB next year and repair the PR damage done at 3 years at McLaren. You can bet they are putting everything into that program. I don't think you can say that about Renault.

classic308 likes this.
  12. I16

I16 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2008
    Can you translate Brendon Hartley to Italian as I have Joseph Green = Giuseppe Verdi [in Italian]

tifoso2728 likes this.
  13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Honda is only committed as an engine manufacturer, a totally different group of peopel than those in the heyday of Senna prost etc obviously non continuation there wheras at Renault thye are building up their effort flat out for their own F1 team so they are leaving no stone unturned, they have hugely expanded the Enstone facility for the team AND reorganized the Viry Chatillon engine plant ethos since last year.

14. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Kubica could replace Hartley at Toro Rosso

MAY 31, 2018

Robert Kubica has emerged as another potential replacement for struggling Toro Rosso driver Brendon Hartley.

Dr Helmut Marko, who heads Red Bull's driver programme, said recently he was not looking to oust New Zealander Hartley mid-season "at the moment".

He now tells Speed Week: "The situation around Brendon is not pleasing.

"We will go through this in peace and see what we can do in the future."

Linked already with the seat are Pascal Wehrlein and Antonio Giovinazzi, who are stars of the respective Mercedes and Ferrari development programmes.

But another potential candidate is Kubica.

France's Auto Hebdo said Red Bull may actually prefer to promote Jake Dennis or Sean Galael, but neither has a super license.

The magazine noted, however, that Kubica has that credential already.

The former BMW and Renault driver may also be looking to join the apparent exodus at Williams. Amid the British team's current crisis, top design and technical chiefs Ed Wood and now Dirk de Beer have departed.

Kubica is currently the Williams reserve driver.

15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I voted Hartley as the worst driver at the moment.

Marko agreed with me !!!!

16. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Honda tipped to make 40hp step in Canada

JUNE 4, 2018

Honda will take "a considerable step" this weekend in Canada.

Like most of the engine manufacturers, the Japanese carmaker will bring an updated 'power unit' specification to the Montreal race.

Rumours suggest Honda's step forward will be as much as 40 hp.

"I don't know the exact numbers. I think it's better to ask someone from Honda or Toro Rosso," said Toro Rosso driver Brendon Hartley.

"But I think it should be a considerable step," he is quoted by AS newspaper.

Teammate Pierre Gasly said he is looking forward to Honda's power boost.

"I will wait until Friday to see exactly what the difference is," said the Frenchman.

"Sometimes in formula one it doesn't go as you expect, but sometimes it goes better, so I want to see it. But I am very excited about this improvement," Gasly added.

17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    remarkable that since Honda dropped the Mclaren team, reliability seems to have improved significantly. Now, it's still the worst engine, don't get me wrong....but not nearly as bad as portrayed all those years by Mclaren....

Seems to me Mclaren was so sure about their concepts and refused to compromise or accept some share of blame. Honda's development in all that time has suffered as they spend all the time making the engine work in the Mclaren, who refused to work around some areas that clearly needed working on.

Meanwhile, Mclaren conned Honda and everyone else, making them believe they had the best engine. I believe Bob (theMayor) was quite loud proclaiming that there was a big possibility that Mclaren just ran loads of aero to make the car fast in the technical sectors on tracks where it suited them...seems he was right. Yes the car would be slow on the straights, but everyone believed that was the doing of Honda.

Funny how that worked out. Mclaren, with great drivers, is the worst performing renault team. They made us all believe their aero and chassis was Red Bull rivaling...**** we'd probably see them compete with Ferrari and Red Bull for podiums tooth and nail! What a joke they are.

Good on Honda.

18. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I did hope McLaren would do a lot better this year but alas...with that said, if Alonso's car didn't break down at Monaco, technically, the worst Renault-powered team at this moment of the season would be the Renault works team itself...and with that said, still a far cry from the top spots...and with that said rb is punching above it's weight and admirably able to bring the fight when the track suits newey's aero, if only max can make a contribution but alas...

Bas likes this.
  19. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Toro Rosso backs struggling Hartley

JUNE 12, 2018

Toro Rosso has boosted Brendon Hartley's chances of staying with the Red Bull junior team.

Amid speculation the Faenza based team was looking to replace the New Zealander with McLaren's Lando Norris, team manager Graham Watson said Toro Rosso is happy with Hartley.

"We want him to be successful," he told Newshub.

"As a Toro Rosso team we are 100 per cent behind Brendon."

However, Watson acknowledged that the decision may not just be up to Toro Rosso.

"The drivers are predominantly controlled by Red Bull and then we as a team are the guys who work with these two guys and try and make them have the ability to be a world champion in the future," he said.

"We don't have the actual control of what happens with our drivers in Toro Rosso."

20. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Ticktum not denying Toro Rosso rumour

AUGUST 20, 2018

Dan Ticktum has given a strong hint that he might be about to make his move into formula one.

In July, Red Bull wanted the 19-year-old F3 driver to replace Brendon Hartley at Toro Rosso.

But FIA rules meant Ticktum couldn't get the super license even to test for the Italian team after the Hungarian grand prix.

"How are we supposed to bring our young drivers to formula one?" Dr Helmut Marko complained.

But it is believed Ticktum will now test after Abu Dhabi, and he didn't deny that formula one in 2019 could be the next logical step.

"I'm in formula 3 so I cannot answer that," he said. "Sorry, I'd like to but I cannot.

"There is nothing confirmed at the moment. Of course it helps to win, but this is formula 3 and there is still a long way to go."

Another contender to replace the probably Red Bull-bound Pierre Gasly for 2019 is Lando Norris, who could be traded by McLaren in exchange for an early start for new technical boss James Key.

"We do not want to comment yet in relation to 2019," a source close to 18-year-old Norris said.

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Another disaster in the making....why not santino!

22. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Uh...their reliability is still very bad. They have double to triple the replacement rate of Mercedes. They could start racking up penalties as early as this coming race. They still have a lot of races left! Also, STR are still well down on pace from last year. The Honda is still as bad as it ever was. Worse? No improvement in sight.

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    True, but loads of these are supposed upgrades. Each upgrade is immediately marked as a replacement part. The drivers are not nearly as good as last year, yet they're only 2 points off Mclaren's total last year. And we're half way through the season...Last year at this point Mclaren had 11 points (9 of which scored at Hungary). STR at this point last year had 39 points (now 28).

24. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Ten drivers on Toro Rosso long list for 2019

SEPTEMBER 5, 2018

Dr Helmut Marko says he is putting together a "long list" of potential Toro Rosso drivers for 2019.

Pierre Gasly is being promoted to Red Bull Racing, while Brendon Hartley has underperformed this year.

"There needs to be a significant increase (from Hartley) in the last races this season," Marko told Speed Week.

He said Hartley will not be ousted within 2018, but it means Toro Rosso could have not one but two free seats for 2019.

The candidates are lining up. Red Bull junior Dan Ticktum is struggling to secure the necessary super license, while McLaren says the axed Stoffel Vandoorne should be considered.

Also mentioned as a candidate by Christian Horner is former Red Bull and Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat, while rumours have linked Jean-Eric Vergne and even Robert Kubica and others with the seat.

"There is no shortlist, it's more like a long-list," Marko smiled. "There are ten names on it."

But he seemed to rule out Esteban Ocon, noting that one driver "with a Mercedes contract" will "probably not" be considered.

"However, everything is possible," said Marko.

25. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Buemi on pole for Toro Rosso return

SEPTEMBER 10, 2018

Sebastien Buemi has moved into pole position for a return to formula one next year.

The now 29-year-old Swiss contested over 50 races for Toro Rosso until 2011, going on to become a top sports car and Formula E driver.

But now with Pierre Gasly moving to Red Bull Racing, and Brendon Hartley having underperformed this season, Buemi is very much back in the running.

He had a seat fitting at Toro Rosso's Faenza base late last week.

However, team boss Franz Tost told Blick newspaper: "It is not planned that Sebastien will be used by us this year."

But he also admitted that Buemi is "not commenting right now".

Dr Helmut Marko, the boss of Red Bull's F1 programme, admitted that he will meet with Buemi in Singapore this weekend.

"I know that we have recently renewed the contract with Buemi as a simulator driver for another year. In Singapore we also have a meeting with him.

"But on Saturday he has to go back to a Formula E test," Marko said.

One theory is that the Buemi rumours will pressure the struggling Hartley to either up his game or crumble out of F1 completely.

"All speculation," Marko insists. "It's a lot of excitement about nothing.

"Buemi has certainly been a topic, but his contracts with other series and Toyota were unfortunately always in the way of a comeback," he added.