St. Louis - Bentley STL to Open Lamborghini Dealer! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

St. Louis - Bentley STL to Open Lamborghini Dealer!

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by mkell, Jan 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    moore jaguar/aston martin, not the biggest one in the world, but they usually have about 3 db9's and if you're lucky, a vanquish. they're located on manchester rd about halfway between 270 and 141.

2. rcm360

rcm360 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Reese
    Thanks, I was not aware

3. AntonioDestiny

AntonioDestiny Karting
    BANNED

Oct 5, 2005
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Lamborghini woot woot

4. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    OH YEAH, other than Nellys there is a guy in Ladue who has a titanium Murcielago.There will be a new LP-640 to this town also, so keep your eyes / ears open.I have picts of the titanium lambo from a drive we did last year, but dont know how to post them. any help out there?

5. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i never knew of that one! what drive was this? here's how to post the pics: if you start posting a reply, and you scroll down when you can start typing your reply, there is a button called manage attachments. that's where you can post the pics at. sorry for the non-concise directions, i'm not the best at this.

6. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    Ill give it a try, the drive was thru the nsx people,do a search on nsxprime.com in the midwest section,idont think the picts are still up but worth a try.

7. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I detail the one in Ladue, it is actually silver, not titanium. ill post some pics of it later tonight

8. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    you do a good job , one would think he could do it himself,i know he has the time.also i saw a purple Diablo at the house on Lindell and kingshighway,sitting outside with alot of snow on it. the guy put a pool in his garage so the cars are outdoors. maybe you could detail that one.

9. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    They certainly have a large enough Bentley inventory (not to mention QP) to fill both sides of the current floor and have the other facility as a sports car only showcase.

10. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    it would be nice to see bentley stl become as large and as unique as dealerships such as bentley gold coast in chicago and symbolic motorcars, where they have an inventory that would make anyone stop and stare. i've been dealing with randy allen up there, he's a real class act, and is always welcoming whenever i show up, even if it is just to look. here's a good question: when they open the lambo dealership up, would any of you (that have the means, which leaves me out) consider getting a lambo?

11. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'll bet their insurance is through the roof! I've seen that valley flood so many times! If this spring is a wet one, they can call me to help drive the cars to safety! LOL

I never thought that valley, being a flood plain would develop the way it has. Out with the ballparks and prisons and in with the exotic car dealers and shopping centers!

12. mkell

mkell Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Just found this article!

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2007/01/22/story3.html?b=1169442000^1404381

Highlight points:

Hill and Mills purchased 2.5 acres adjacent to the facility that houses their Bentley and Maserati showroom at One Arnage Drive, which fronts Highway 40, from Tom and Ed Levinson at the end of 2006 for $1.75 million.

The Lamborghini dealership will be located in a new 22,000-square-foot, $5 million facility with black slate floors and stainless steel wall accents. The portion housing the Lamborghinis will be heavily enclosed in glass -- they call it a jewel box -- where the cars can be seen from the highway and stand out."

Hill said the Lamborghini showroom will take up a minimum of 2,700 square feet of space. Additional space in the facility will accommodate additional luxury dealerships, Hill said. "We are also making separate space in the new building for two potential additional franchises," he said, but declined to disclose what automakers he's in talks with.

Hill projects the dealership will sell between 25 and 35 new Lamborghinis in the first year. He bases this projection on the high number of St. Louisans who already own high-end cars, including Ferraris. "We service between 400 and 500 Ferraris, and about 250 of those are local," Hill said.

Mills and Hill's automotive business is in growth mode. The partners' sales for 2003, the dealership's first year, were $18 million. In 2006, it increased its sales to $41 million by selling 102 new Bentleys, 30 new Maseratis and 130 preowned cars. "We will be looking to ramp up our preowned exotic sales by almost double within two years," Hill said.

13. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    wow. just-wow. 2 possible franchises: i'm going to venture to guess ferrari is on that very short list, and if i were to think of another, i would begin to think rolls royce. but 250 local ferraris! wow!

14. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    I wouldn't be surprised if these two are Rolls and Spyker. These marques are often sold together with Bentley. Another logical possibility is buying out Moore Aston, but Bugatti is too close in Chicago, and I can't see Ferrari selling next to their archnemesis.
    Whatever it is it looks like they are further cornering the STL exotic market, exciting times for sure!

15. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    spyker would be awesome, but i don't know if it would fare well in this market. there is one in downers grove illinois and atlanta is possibly the closest dealership heading (somewhat) west of here. i cant believe that they sell very many cars, let alone get very many orders in. they don't really have the name recognition like ferrari or lambo. however, i would love to see it do great.

16. mkell

mkell Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I agree. I think one will definitely be Ferrari as they are already certified for service. The second would be Rolls as that's all I can think of that would be logical.

17. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    as much as i would love to see it, i really don't think st. louis is the right market area for super-rare exotics, like spyker or koenigsegg. i would love for them to pick up those 2 dealerships, whatever they may be, and to try to up their pre-owned inventory, maybe see some of those spykers. who knows, maybe even a mclaren f1 may find its way into their inventory.

18. rcm360

rcm360 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Reese
    could also be buying the Lotus store, very common with Lambo

19. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    another dealership they may get is maybach, but i could have sworn that they only went to mercedes dealerships. that lotus dealership is a good possibility, and i would imagine and hope that they move it up to the valley. isn't one of bentley's mechanics on this forum?

20. 96cobrakid

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #45 96cobrakid, Jan 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    do you know the owner of the silver one I am talkign about? and the purple diablo on lindal is a replica, and a rather bad one at that if you have seen it up close ;)

Here is the Murci...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOcDeVhqRg
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    very cool! the only 2 that i knew of in st. louis were nelly's murcielago and a gallardo, i've never seen a diablo or a countach here. (real, at least :))

22. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    yea thats it silver,did you goto the gokart track with Fred at earth city when it first opened? ithought we could of met there,a bunch of NSX people were there. ihave the widebody cabriolet white porsche. hins the plate FAT CAB.
    very nice to seee more car nuts in STL,glad im not alone.I currently looking for a Superformance cobra,after the auction last weekend inAZ looks to be a good deal.TIM

23. Chio

Chio Karting

Nov 1, 2005
    STL
    This cars owner must live very very close to me because i see it on Litzinger Road all the time!! I can hear it coming towards me before i ever see it.

Here is the Murci...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOcDeVhqRg[/QUOTE]

24. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    [/QUOTE]

man, i'm on litzinger all the time, and around that area a lot, but i've never seen him! does he have any other "interesting" cars in his garage chris?

25. 96cobrakid

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I wans't with him when he wa sup there with the NSX guys. You may have talked with my buddy Jon Benner who works up there and helped him get it all set up.

the murci is the only real toy in the garage, but what a toy it is. he is in the area of litzinger, you may see it prowling lindbergh or manchester as well