StanCraft Wooden Boats | FerrariChat

StanCraft Wooden Boats

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Doug., Jul 2, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I was recently on a family vacation in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. One afternoon after a loop hike along the coastline I walked down to the boat launch to see an absolutely spectacular sight that reminded me of the first time I saw a Ferrari in my youth.

A newly finished StanCraft boat was being put into the water for it’s maiden voyage and about 20 hours of testing (I later learned) before shipping off to it’s new owner. As a finish carpenter, I recognized immediately the labor and fine detail work in constructing a boat of that caliber from (African) mahogany. I was enthused afterward to learn their manufacturing facility was only about 20 minutes out of town in Hayden.

Their website said they’re a friendly bunch and to come on by. I figured I’d check out their showroom, see a boat or two and maybe learn some of their company history. Well, two hours later after a full tour of every building on site…I was floored by the entire process and the openness of their staff towards everything. If ever you are in the vicinity, it is a must visit.

Enjoy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
  3. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Back in the ‘80’s at Lake Tahoe I restored a 1950 StanCraft Torpedo, the original prototype hull. A very well-built boat. Boat is in Florida now.

Doug. likes this.
  4. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  5. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    That is awesome, I might try making it back for the weekend of that festival. Wayne has had Stancraft boats as well as some other celebrities and athletes like John Elway.

They are truly a presence to behold in person. Unbelievable craftsmanship. Right now the guys are putting in 12-15 hour days trying to get boats finished in this busiest time of year.