Standford Hall June 6th - Italian Car Festival | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Standford Hall June 6th - Italian Car Festival

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kenyon, May 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Rick, I have noticed that the change in the maximum size (therefore quality) of pictures we are able to post, has reduced to 195.3 KB.....I have posted some good MV pics on the TT thread, and they have come up on here very poorly.

I await with interest your pic posting.
    cheers from "deliverance island"

2. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    #102 ferrari355gtb, Jun 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    More at the show :

4. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Nice pics Rik, Howard has some superb motorway footage of drivepasts etc which i'll post out to everyone once i've copied it

5. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    #105 ferrari355gtb, Jun 9, 2004
  6. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    #106 ferrari355gtb, Jun 9, 2004
  7. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Nice shots Rick. You are now designated our official camera man.

Rick I mentioned this to Simon and not sure why but your tubi sounds different to Simons. Yours is louder (still awesome) whereas Simons seems to have a higher frequency wail. Did one of you take out the cats?

Has anyone ever fitted a tubi to a 328? whats it like ?

Mark

8. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Mark,

We both have the same systems (ie cats out etc) - mine is about 5 months old, I think Simon's is a couple of years now. I've noticed a change in tone in mine over the last couple of months (maybe as the carbon beds in a bit). I think Simon's sounds more F1 than mine (I actually prefer his sound than mine but don't tell him that !!). I don't think my manifolds are in the best condition and these may have be the reason for the different sounds. I think both cars are running the early version of the ECU's - not sure what the differences between early and old are (anyone eleborate ?) but I think there are less sensors on the earlier versions.

I hoping to get some video clips of my car - it was used in a video shoot the other night - where basically I had to accelerate from standstill very quickly, it sounded good on play back.

If you're after a Tubi for the 328 - Steve F might have some info.

Catch you soon - we suggested we might meet at the Cat & Fiddle one evening for a drink and a bite to eat and talk cars etc....

Rick

9. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George

Was talking to Manu @ Scuderia about this the other day. They definetly do change in note over time, mine is about 2 yrs old and sounds a lot different to when it was new.
    I am up for the Cat & Fiddle , let me know days etc, can do any.
    Mark, I was in my parents garage the other day rooting about, and came across a 328 road wheel (pre ABS) and a drivers door glass still in wrapping. They are no good to me but if you want them i'll bring them next time I see you