Started a 10 Days Cleanse | FerrariChat

Started a 10 Days Cleanse

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by amenasce, Aug 29, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    After feeling like **** most of 2012 and seeing how working out didnt improve my health, i decided to grab the bull by the horn (hopping i can handle it all the way!) and will do a cleanse for 10 days and then go on a lean protein diet for a month.

My biggest problem is Chocolate, which i simply love and is one of my daily pleasure. However seeing how i dont sleep well, i keep on putting weight on and i generally feel like crap, i will have to cut it down drastically. It doesnt matter how much i exercise (im running 15 miles per week and i dont see a difference because i eat too much Chocolate), i need to learn to stop craving for chocolate.

I will post here to keep track of my progress and to use this as a reminder of my goal.

Good luck to me!

2. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Best wishes...I'll up my chocolate intake to keep the world in balance. :D

3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    No lift weights, no progress.

4. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I do lift weights (My arms and torso are actually not in bad shape), but what im saying is that my eating habits are just too bad regardless of how much i exercise.

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Please do! M&Ms, Oreos, Ben And Jerrys, Brownies...

6. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    #6 Face76, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    All the best with your cleanse! I drink green drinks daily and the effects are wonderful, more energy, less sleep, better skin, all in all I am even considering opening a juice bar! Nekter here in so cal is doing great and opening new stores every month. For anyone interested in juicing just watch "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" it's a life changer.

8. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I do this once a year. Nothing but fruit and veggies - no meat of any kind, no sugar,
    no breads, no beer/booze, no cigars, and drink nothing but green tea and plain water.

I ALWAYS feel like a million bucks afterwards!! Why I don't just stick with that regimen
    is just plain self-control issues :p:p I like food too much. But it DOES make me feel
    good every time I do it.

Jedi

9. alohamickey

alohamickey Karting

Sep 23, 2004
    San Clemente CA
    Full Name:
    Mickey
    Best of luck! Have you gone through your house andwork and thrown out all your chocolate?

10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Here is the thing..whatever chocolate i buy never survives the first night :) so i didnt have anything to throw out.

11. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I watched the movie Fat, sick and nearly dead and it made me buy a Juicer..but after 4 days, i wasnt seeing any results and it was a lot of work as there was a lot of leftover fruits/vegies in the juicer to recoup to make one drink. I guess i will give it another shot after this cleanse as diner meal replacement.

12. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    First Day :

I took the Green Dragon Total Nutrition blend this morning (with half a banana and water) and another one now. It tastes quite good actually. I didnt feel hungry until 7pm when i took the 2nd one. I also took the liver cleanse drops which have a really strong taste.

Havent weighted myself as losing weight will be a bonus. I want to feel healthier.

13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Good luck Andrew!!!

My vice is beer right now, haha!

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Andrew - Chocolate is my pal, too.

Try drinking juices without corn syrup & no salty snacks.

There's underlying sweet/sour mechanisms in our bodies that lead one to crave the other & since renewing this basic dietary plan, I've stopped craving chocolate.

15. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Aah gotcha.. thought you were just running the 15 miles per week, which is really only about 2 miles a day and wont have that much of an effect. What's good is that you've realized you need to take some drastic measures to make yourself feel better, but try not to think of it as a 10 day cleanse and a 30 day protein heavy diet. Being in shape and feeling healthy isn't something you do over the course of a few weeks, it's a permanent lifestyle adjustment. Hopefully this is the beginning of that path and you kick the bad eating habits, but don't expect miracles until you make an effort to completely alter the way you think about food, health, and your body. Good luck though.. once you start seeing and feeling results it's hard to go back to your old ways.

16. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I run about 3 miles each time. Im still learning to run and would like to be comfortable running 4 or 5 miles each time.

I agree i need to change my bad eating habits and it will be a challenge as eating is really a pleasure and was something i looked forward to everyday. I am not sure i will still look forward to eating healthy food though..

17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Day 2 was a little more difficult. I had the nutrition blend in the morning and another at 5pm. Had a turkey patty with asparagus for dinner.
    Ran 3 miles and worked out upper body and legs.

Strangely, i am feeling heavier than yesterday. I guess i need to increase water to eliminate more frequently.

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Which juices have corn syrup? I love juices and basically only drink that. I always try to buy not from concentrate juices.

Salty snacks would be pretzels? Sandwiches?

19. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yesterday was Day 3 and it was pretty smooth. I had the nutrition drink twice and the colon cleanse drops after each.

I ate some berries throughout the day and drank more water.

Ran 3 miles and went to steam room for 30 mns.

Today was also smooth. Same as yesterday..I dont feel hungry anymore throughout the day but i still crave for nasty food.

20. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER

I have the same issue, I LOVE chocolate, ice cream , sweets

You need to have a diet that you can live with & not torture yourself. What about buying a bag of mini choc bars and allowing yourself a few every day to help w cravings

I found my phone diet app has been extremely helpful

Also Visalus is a good protein shake, I lost lots of weight on that & it helps supress appetite too

Also you have to do excercise for your body type. I can pack on muscle very fast & easy but dropping weight is difficult so I build large muscles which look good but also consume a lot of calories to maintain so the muscle helps drop the fat

21. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Looks like you need to cleanse your PM box. Tried to send you a message and you were "full".

22. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Sorry! PM box cleared.

23. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That's my goal. I know that right now, i would finish this bag in 5 mns.
    I wanted one but blackberry is pretty bad when it comes to cool apps.
    Do you take it as a meal replacement?

24. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yesterday i had to sway from my cleanse for dinner as i was celebrating a special occasion with my wife.

Today im back at it.

I havent lost a pound yet...but i do feel slimmer/lighter. Anyone can explain?

25. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I just came off a 9 day cleanse ( Isagenix system ) and lost 15 lbs. I've been on it for the past 5 years, doing a 9 day once a year.

I enjoy eating as well, which is why the weight creeps back up each year.

Anyways, regarding chocolate, they have a product you can have twice a day, that covers my craving.

PM me your address, I'll send you a few to try out if you want, as I have some left over.
    They are indiv wrapped and shouldn't melt if I package it right...

Regarding your weight gain a few days in, I have the same thing happen, it seems by body wants to retain what can, but then drops off 1 -2 lbs a day.

A bottle of water an hour helps too..

Good Luck on your program,

S

p.s. They have chocolate shakes too!