StartedFromTheBottom - A Warning to Others | Page 6 | FerrariChat

StartedFromTheBottom - A Warning to Others

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jasonberkeley, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well, I can't speak for others here who did not have a good experience, but I purchased a complete carbon seat trim set for my 550 from Carlo early this year. Transaction went smoothly. I wired him the funds, he shipped out the seat trim set w/in a week. Everything arrived in fine shape, no problems. Sorry to hear of others' negative experience with Carlo.

daytona355 likes this.
  2. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I have no doubt that transacting with him works fine, when all goes well. I would not want to anticipate a situation whereby everything does NOT go smoothly. He has already admitted to not having the time to deal with such a situation. Buyer beware.

Kevin

daytona355 likes this.
  3. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Apologies for not explaining more clearly- I received nothing that was agreed upon as a deliverable.

The rules with hand mark-ups could be the final rules that anybody could have copied and scribbled stuff on. I did receive a xerox copy of rules which someone had written notes on BEFORE copying them. I received nothing original.

And as I had stated to Carlo early on, the only thing that gives the original draft any value in my mind, was Peter's detailed story as briefly told by Carlo to hook me. I did not receive that story as agreed upon either.

What I received was worthless. What I would agree to do is send the worthless copy back to him in exchange for a full refund, since he seems to think going to make copies is a true burden for Peter.

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Understood, I wish you the best and hope resolution comes your way.

5. AshAP

AshAP Karting

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ash
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

PTG1, anunakki, Themaven and 6 others like this.
  6. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Out of curiosity, what were your previous purchases from Carlo that went well?

Matt

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What a hassle. Pretty sad to lose 1300 like this. I do hope you get your money back; I understand this might be a matter of principle for you...If you don’t get ur money back remember that it is only money and the hassle and stress u have had over it over the pst month are probably not worth it... It is after all only 1300 not 13k it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  8. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    I bought 348 Challenge series rule books, German language, 1993 and 1994 versions. An original 348 Challenge series team jacket from a German team, (Walger racing, in Muncich). I think a couple of other similar items, but cant specifcally recall.

Smiles likes this.
  9. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Yup. You hit the nail on the head. Just reading Carlo’s “responsive” e mails is enough for me, I don't need to know more. I would never deal with a guy like that. Obviously he is not the brightest tool in the shed, but a tool to be sure.

97 Spider, kes7u, Dane and 4 others like this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #135 Ferrari 308 GTB, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    So we have heard 2 sides of this triangle, and looks like Jason has an understandable grievance.

We need some input from the reclusive Peter either directly here or through Carlo.

Otherwise Carlo is looking at a world of pain coming his way,as people know who he is and where he is.

This might be a useful contact for Jason:

https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=EN

Dane likes this.
  11. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    ^^^^^ To that point, I have it on a very reliable authority that "Carlo" is Carlo BAUNACH in Germany, also connected to Toni Baunach, doing business as:

www.ferrariteile.eu

or

www.ferrariparts.eu

Apparently the business is in his wife's name. Just something to keep in mind.

12. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    #137 Island Time, Oct 15, 2019
    Seems to me "Carlo" wants it both ways. He's willing to vouch for Peter before the money is sent. Not after.

That's ********. One man's opinion.

I understand both sides. Carlos has also made clear....he's not interested in messing with this anymore.

Sorry Jason. Your loss man. Been there, done that. (we all have, in one way or another)

Good luck

daytona355, Jasonberkeley and AshAP like this.
  13. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    #138 Island Time, Oct 15, 2019
    It's actually more than that. Carlo said he could do something he either will not, or cannot, do. And his word cost somebody money.

That's bad business man. You should feel some responsibility for that (painful as it may be).

I would. I know I would.

PTG1, daytona355, Dane and 3 others like this.
  14. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Carlo should be a commercial sponsor of FerrariChat if that's the case.

He has had bans in the past for bumping old posts in order to sell merchandise and has failed to sign up as a sponsor, which would be appropriate considering the volume of business he appears to be doing.

StartedFromTheBottom is now banned from FerrariChat for not following the Terms of Service and clear moderator instructions.

Note that this is independent of his dispute with Jasonberkeley.

Matt

PTG1, Gizzi, daytona355 and 1 other person like this.
  15. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Oh snap!

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    HIT THE MUSIC...

17. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Well that's that probably not getting money now either

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

18. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Another Moderator reaches out to Jason who felt like there was no chance of recovering any money before the decision was made.

Matt

daytona355 and jferrante like this.
  19. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Good riddance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Firmly back to the bottom then..... shame the guy managed to lose a lucrative market for his seemingly Ferrari focussed business over a measly $1300. That’s pretty poor financial planning if ever I saw it.... surely better to have refunded Jason, or at least offered something, than get your ass kicked out in full view of a baying crowd with not a murmur

arizonaitalian, PTG1, kes7u and 5 others like this.
  21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sid, I believe they have an expression for this behavior in your country ......... penny wise and pound foolish! :D

daytona355 likes this.
  22. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    You just have to learn to let go of business practices you learned at the Bottom if you want to have any lasting business success. I believe that everyone who contributed to this thread gave the guy a fair chance to redeem himself including Jason. Fortunately there are a lot of people in the exotic parts game that are excellent.

308 milano and daytona355 like this.
  23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Exactly right. In ferrari terms, $1300 is chump change to many of the people he could be talking with through a site like this... how silly

24. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Good thing this was limited to the most frequented Ferrari website or it could have done some real reputational damage.

25. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    :D:D:D

daytona355 likes this.