Startup problem F430 | FerrariChat

Startup problem F430

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Yonex, Jul 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yonex

Yonex Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    F430
    Help, startup problem F430 F1, Y2005
    Fueling up the car at the gas station yesterday evening. After by mistake not pushed the start button long enough motor didn't fire up. New try and motor ignite but did not start, engine lamp on for a short while. 3th time engine starts but misfires and feels like not running on all cyl., engine lamp on for a short while but then goes off. Turn off the motor and waits for a couple of minutes. New try and engine starts but runs very bad and uneven while ideling. Rpm runs up and down and in very low range. Limps home at slow speed and while driving motor sounds and feels normal, but rpm while ideling is still moving. When coming home I check the engine bay and can see that the right hand exhaust and cats looks very hot (nearly red glowing where some of the sensors are connected). Let everything cool down and switch of the main switch (disconnects the battery). Waits for 30min and try again to start, but still un even rpm ideling and also a strange "knocking" noice from the engine bay. Maight be that not all 8-cyl is running but not sure... Turn of the car and have not tried start again!

Any ideas what could be the issue and any suggestions on how to move forward?

2. Yonex

Yonex Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    F430
    Find the thing causing the problem! The plug that sits in the backend of the plenum had fallen out (not sure how that could have happened....) Was super luck and the plug was laying on the engine case so could just pick it up. When in place motor runs as normal again!

I'm now just a bit unsure why it got lose and what's the proper way to install it correct again.
    Should the plug be glued (loctitet) or would it just be pushed back in place? Anyone with some knowledge here?

Appreciate all input!

The part I refer to is p/n 25 in the attached image
    Image Unavailable, Please Login