Stay away from Gated 599 GTB.... walk away... | FerrariChat

Stay away from Gated 599 GTB.... walk away...

Discussion in '612/599' started by F1 MONZA, Jun 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1 MONZA

F1 MONZA Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    Well my deal is all done. My Gated 599 GTB is on her way to a new home.
    I had trouble lots of trouble using the gated shifter on the 599 GTB. Where I live I have steep hills. And every 30 yards I have a stop sign and a Police officer waiting.

I burned the clutch and the fly wheel. It cost me 6,900 dollars for the damages. I drove the car with the Ferrari tech will it seems 599 gated transmission do not do very will on steep hills. If you live on flat streets its fine. You do not have to worry to much about frying the clutch. For the moment I rather go back to basics. I located a 1997 550 Maranello. With 3,000 miles. I am working out the deal still.. I will post pictures after the final sale of the car. It has been in storage and barely driven.
    If any one is considering a gated 599 GTB just go with the F-1 Transmission. Is not worth the hassel of having a Gated 6 speed on a 599 GTB. Ferrari made a huge mistake building the 599 with a gated shifter. 90% of the gated 599 GTB were buy backs from the information I got recently. I bought the car for $223,000.00 I sold my 1995 F512M with just 3,000 miles. And lost my pants and shirt on this raw deal. Well okay I sold the 2007 599 GTB $185,000,00 But owed the leasing company 65,000.00 I condider my self still lucky getting that much. Ferrari of beverly hills offered me $155,0000 for my car. Since it was gated. Few customers hated the gated shifter on the 599 GTB. I wish Ferrari would do there home work a little better. Even Mickey Mouse from a wooden barn could have done better. At the end of the day I still lost and Ferrari well I do not think they give a damn. I will save up and buy a 2010 599 HGTE within two years. Hope by then the prices will fall a bit more once the new car is out....
    or may consider a f430 scuderia....
    My best advise for any one is to stay stay away from a gated 599 GTB.... JUST WALK AWAY.....

2. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Unfortunately Ferrari's do depreciate. The modern ones get to be used cars in a few years.
    Sorry you didn't like it. Glad you sold a toy you didn't like. I bought my F1 599 a year ago it's been a great car. the orginal owner took a 137,000 dollar hit to drive it just over 2 years. I have perhaps taken a 30K hit. Oh well. I knew it would be the case when I bought it. I might not buy a 15 year old car with only 3,000 miles on it.