STEBRO Exhaust - Customer Service or Lack Thereof?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

STEBRO Exhaust - Customer Service or Lack Thereof??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by likeyoudontknow, Jun 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That may have been a fee from their Customs Broker to file the entry

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Then those would be subject to duty :) Now if they were accompanying you back from a trip then you exemptions would apply first and then applicable duty on items purchased over your exemptions

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

True enough. But, I did get a response to my email within about 5 minutes of sending it today.

Dunno if this is way out of the ordinary, or what, but Dan got back to me pretty quickly.

4. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Bobafett,
    It really is difficult to quantify how much louder the straight pipes add to the tubi.All I can say is SIGNIFICANTLY louder ; more low pitched and "angry".Not having a musical ear I can't be any more specific.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Martin,

I appreciate your feedback. I think I get it. I will have to call them and order one.

--Dan

6. likeyoudontknow

likeyoudontknow Karting
    BANNED

May 6, 2004
    MMMMMMMMMM.........Maybe he got back to you quickly because his reputation is rapidly turning to mud....

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I have a 'Euro Resonator' on my 328 in replacement of the cat. When I ordered it, I simply called up the toll-free number. Dan picked up the phone, said 'yep, we have that in stock', I gave him my credit card number and it was drop shipped to Norwoods a few days later. The product simply bolted in, and it sounds great.

8. likeyoudontknow

likeyoudontknow Karting
    BANNED

May 6, 2004
    Ok, well a little HARD EVIDENCE for all you non-believers out there I just tried a little, “TEST” on Stebro.

After nearly two weeks and NO RETURN e-mails I decided to try to contact Stebro through a friends e-mail account, just to see how rapidly Stebro would reply if I were interested in buying their product.

Funny, isn’t it that Stebro answered the singular e-mail within a few hours!

mmmmmmmm……..

Too busy???

Too busy once they have your money to answer roughly 30 e-mails!

What a complete joke. I will NEVER recommend their services, regardless of what anyone here states. This is, by far, the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered at any operational level!!! Heck, I wouldn’t even expect this kind of treatment from a kid working at McDonalds let alone a supposedly professional operation selling Ferrari products…..

I do believe the writing is on the wall….

[email protected]

9. likeyoudontknow

likeyoudontknow Karting
    BANNED

May 6, 2004
    Yet another day and no exhaust....

Plus one now overdue on late delivery date...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK STEBRO!!!

[email protected]

10. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Similar experiences with STEBRO also. I was also told it was "in stock" and that I would have it within a week. It took EIGHT weeks!! I must admit that Dan ALWAYS returned my phone calls or emails immediately, to his credit. However , eight weeks for an instock item is a bit ridiculous.

11. likeyoudontknow

likeyoudontknow Karting
    BANNED

May 6, 2004
    I just wanted to provide EVERY member here a heads up to avoid using STEBRO!!!

Well, the **** finally hit the fan with this entire deal.

I eventually did hear back from STEBRO today, 8 days after my last correspondence despite numerous phone calls, facsimiles, and countless e-mails. STEBRO explained to me that they “goofed up” and never even started making my exhaust.

I realize no one is perfect, including myself, but this operation is totally bizarre!

I contacted STEBRO everyday since the order to check status for my client and now they act as though they lost the order???

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????

You know, funny thing is they immediately charged my credit card the same day the order was placed!

Not too slow and backed up for summertime to make money and screw people are you Dan Petschenig???? Such poor business ethics. I explained to STEBRO initially if they could not deliver in a specified period of time to tell us and we would use another outfit…..Again, such poor business ethics!

I will never, the rest of my life offer a single STEBRO product to even ONE of my clients, friends…or worst enemies.

I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY STEBRO, GREAT GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

[email protected]

12. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Not easy to get ahold of sometimes, but the exhaust for my 308QV was shipped quickly, went on with a perfect fit, and sounds great for a great price, especially when they also give a 10% discount to FCA members. I'd ordered a euro resonator pipe from them a couple of years ago, and was happy with that transaction also.

Sorry you've had trouble with them as a company... but the product itself is top notch.

13. likeyoudontknow

likeyoudontknow Karting
    BANNED

May 6, 2004
    I cancelled my orrder with STEBRO....

I called Nick Forza, seems reasonable....Lets see if he can deliver tomarrow as promised!

I will keep you all posted....

[email protected]

14. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    8 mos ago ordered a set of Stebro exhaust tips from Dan
    $600+ dollars charged immediately
    numerous promised deliveries = no shows, no call
    cancelled order after 5 months of waiting

STILL HAVE NOT CREDITED BACK THE $600 for months despite saying they would on several occaisions. No calls - nothing

You be the judge. I think they are crooks that took advantage of me -

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    One word....ANSA.....

16. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Call the credit card company and report him for theft

17. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    yes.

18. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

When I was suffering from my "delays" due to "relocation", I told Visa to reerse the charges.

That got his attention.

Pipe showd up the following week, along with a voice mail asking me to re-authorize the charges, which I did.

19. likeyoudontknow

likeyoudontknow Karting
    BANNED

May 6, 2004
    I just received two e-mails this morning after telling Dan that the deal was off...

You guys are too nice, he can pound salt far as I am concerned....

I called my credit card company and reported his operation for fraud and had the charges reversed...I am not in business to listen to some loser’s excuses...

[email protected]

20. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    i went through all of the **** you guys are talking about. i 'negotiated' with Dan until he agreed to deliver for half his qouted price. it took two months instead of two weeks and needed to be slightly modified to fit BUT it sounds f*#!king awesome . it cost $750 canadian for a custom stainless replacement to the outrageously heavy and expensive factory dual resonator system for the carbed 400a . i replaced the center sections only and left the Ansa mufflers at the back. i must say that Dan delivered EXACTLY the sound i was dreaming of ( think of a 365gtc/4 but better...really ) . only a little louder than stock below 3000rpm but it now has an exhuast note to match the sound of the v12 higher in the rev range. in the end,i'm thrilled with the result.

21. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Brett: what kind of car?

--Dan

22. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    Dan,
    1978 400a...
    brett.

23. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Well in fairness to Stebro, I contacted them by email, told them of my ineterest in the center piece, asked for timing etc. I also told them they were being torched on fchat and that I did not want to deal with any b.s. but would judge them through my contact and experience only. I got immediate email and also a phone call from Dan. He was aware of the issues being discussed and reiterated the moving problems. He said they had just shipped a batch to England and it would take about 10 days to make more. I am waiting for some other issues to clarify in my car world first anyway, but am, for the moment satisfied that I will make this order soon. His description of the sound is just what I am looking for and the weight savings of 45#'s would be greatly appriciated too.
    Likeyoudon'tknow, this is not to detract from your bad experience and you have every right to be pissed. Maybe your criticism has alerted them to take better care of their customer base. Another instance of Fchat rocking the real world!!

24. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    John,

I am interested in doing the same. Perhaps we can do a joint order? Maybe a 2 for 1 special? :D

--Dan

25. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    you're a brave soul, riverflyer. based on this thread here, i wouldn't buy anything from stebro now unless they were willing to charge my credit cars only upon receipt of goods.

doody.