Steering Wheel for 308 GT4 Information | FerrariChat

Steering Wheel for 308 GT4 Information

Discussion in '308/328' started by dyerhaus, Oct 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    Looking for some info on the steering wheel that's in my 1975 308 GT4. I'm wondering if it was some sort of factory option as I've seen a few of these cars with the same steering wheel as mine (picture below), and personally test drove two with the same steering wheel. Regardless, I am seeking an original steering wheel if anyone has a decent one they'd like to part with (or trade). Does anyone know anything about this steering wheel? Factory option? Period after market? This steering wheel was on there when the original owner bought it, and seems somewhat unlikely that any of the other previous owners changed it (but not inconceivable). Thanks in advance!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Superformance used to sell the correct replacement (just missing the MOMO engraving) but don't see it listed now. I think that one is from a later 308 model.

dyerhaus likes this.
  3. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    The Momo Cavallino was an aftermarket wheel sold before the IP lawyers got involved with the brand. I suspect it was a popular change as it is a similar diameter to the stock wheel but with a chunky rim which became the norm for sports cars in the late ‘70s. Most aftermarket Momo wheels are 350mm which does not help the steering effort at low speed.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

dyerhaus likes this.
  4. morcal

morcal Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2003
    Turin,Italy
    Full Name:
    Cal
    #4 morcal, Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    Try at dinoparts.com; have both used and re-edited GT4 steering wheels

BigTex likes this.
  5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    MOMO was a Ferrari vendor, but there were others..

That is a later, aftermarket MOMO wheel.
    OEM steering wheels from the 70s are getting hard to find, but "out there" with the normal resellers...you might have to restore one.

6. outlaw_singer

outlaw_singer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2015
    I'm sure i have one or two orignal 308 GT4 wheels at home. I had three but sold a mint one a few months ago. The one(s) that remain, i'm pretty sure the leather is bad. I can have it restored to original spec though if that suits you. If so, please send me a DM.