Stepneygate emails - how it all happened | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Stepneygate emails - how it all happened

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Oct 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red355

red355 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Pa
    http://planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2815586,00.html

Asked whether the 'spy saga' involving McLaren possessing Ferrari technical information has tarnished the sport, Ecclestone said no - but admitted the English team have been affected.

"No. That was something that happened between the two teams," he said.

"I think McLaren must have suffered for sure."

When McLaren were kicked out of the Constructors' Championship as punishment for the scandal, Ecclestone was in favour of the drivers escaping punishment.

But he admits FIA president Max Mosley was correct in his claims Hamilton and Alonso should also have been deducted points.

"I was campaigning for them not to take points from drivers," he said.

"Max was probably right, actually. If the team had an advantage, therefore the drivers had an advantage. And should they have an advantage? The answer is no.

"He is right on the regulations. The regulations say if the car loses points, the driver loses points as well."

Bernie admits drivers should have lost points.

2. hg

hg Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2005
    The book deal has been abruptly called off by the publisher. No reason given.

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht

The thing I find interesting is when you look back at how big of a mess some previous WDC's were, that people are talking about this one like the worst ever. Actually if you look back over the past 10-20 years I would say - what - half of them were under very dubious circumstances or at the least disputed results?

I bet after 3-4 more years there may only be a very very small asterisk next to 2007 :)

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Today's results wiped out that asterisk for good. :)

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Agreed.

Now if Max would only choke on his Duck Confit on the way back home from Brazil in 1st class, then it would be a perfect weekend ;)

6. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    +100000000000000000000000