Stereo Cuts Out | FerrariChat

Stereo Cuts Out

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Zath, Apr 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zath

Zath Rookie

Apr 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jose Aragon
    I currently drive a stock 2017 California T HS, but also had this issue with my 2011 California. After a few hours of driving, the stereo decides to take a break for 5 minutes. The screen continues to update with whatever song is 'playing', but no sound comes out of the speakers. After 5 minutes, it then starts playing music again, but will cut out repeatedly for 5 minutes at intervals that seem to vary with the temperature outside. When it's 80+ fahrenheit, the stereo will only play music for 10-15 minutes at a time before taking another 5 minute break. When cooler I could get as much as an hour between breaks.

This happens whether I'm listening to FM radio, Sirius, or have music playing over a bluetooth connection to my phone. I've tried getting two dealerships to address the issue, but both came up empty. Has anyone else experienced this issue and have a diagnosis? I tried various search terms but couldn't find anything similar on this forum.

2. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Sounds like a heat issue with the amplifier (assuming the system has one). Or the radio itself has the power supply for the speakers and that's having a heat soak issue.