steve f's ban and your choices... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

steve f's ban and your choices...

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by rob lay, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm always available by PM.

To be honest, I don't have a "list" you are looking for. I'm hoping this thread would bring them out. If it doesn't, then maybe y'all are better off than I thought. We'll see soon enough.

2. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Mr Lay thats not very fair.

You know that most of us use F-chat for meets and stuff so asking to be banned is like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

It ain't gonna happen, unless you've been drinking :D

I would just like to state that although i know that Steve F is a post whore and we've all heard his crap about how V12s are the only way to go, the old fart makes me want to come back here.

Your house, your rules brov, but i think your mistaken. :(

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #28 360CS, Oct 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Is that Scuderia then or Tubi?? Confused about the whole issue..

But this I know, Ive read the Thread and I think Rob may of not picked up on Steves humour???

All that know or have met him will agree with me that his humour and personallity is the MAN , and like it or not hes a really genuine fellow.

Rob
    You may wanna have a second thought on a 2 Month ban, luv him or hate him hes been here all the time with his banter and witty humour ...God the man is part of Fchat UK section. 9, 000 odd posts.

I personnally think there is room for seriousness etc etc but generally its all kept OT with the more serious stuff available if required .

Bring back the guy that makes us smile /laugh even if he drives a V12 car.

Just my 5 quids worth .

:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Do I have problems with any other Regional forum in the World? The answer is no. If the problem was me I would have problems elsewhere.

5. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    steve was just the local banter merchant no need for this, is the sponsorship from Manu the only reason you have the UK forum? If Manu has put pressure on you to ban SteveF I'll just not buy anymore of his products, and I'll tell him that in the morning if thats the case.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Contact me offline so we can work through his bad attitude towards me and FerrariChat.com.

7. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    What! a witch hunt to see if anyone admits to being a witch!! - I know its nearly Halloween - but you have to be kidding me !!!

8. sparticle

sparticle Karting

Oct 25, 2005
    Lincs, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    As a new user to FCHAT I am very dissapointed in this type of censorship, before subscribing I read many many posts. Some of Steve's were rude, some were very funny, others were not, but I did not see any that were malacious !

In my work life I deal with the US of A every day and can attest to a certain 'gap' in understanding of our British sense of humour. I read steve's post as a genuine funny remark, again not malicious, I have unfortunately been in similar circumstances many times with my American colleagues. There is a tendancy to take themselves too seriously and the inevitable efficious behaviour and of course 'god given right' rears forward.

As most of us know it takes a true 'man' to admit that there may have been a tad hastiness to his actions. And reparations would of course be in order. Steve would be restored to his former status, of course having learned a valuable lesson in the finer points of Anglo American interaction and Rob would be still all powerful and much wiser knowing a lot more about British humour and we can all get back to what we come on here for :)

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I know steve is a good guy. This entire thing is not just because of steve, that isn't fair for him.

10. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I just spoke to Steve and the last thing he wants is people to get banned on his behalf. Not something I want for myself Rob, but I do have an opinion and sorry if it does not agree with yours but veiled threats to delete a user who has done nothing but enjoy the forum, go on meets and trips, meet other users from Europe and organise a rally promoting the fchat name is not really a route that will make the forum a better place imho.

Look through my posting history - I rarely get involved with the silly stuff but this week what with ufo trolling and yourself banning, I can't stay out of it.

I think you can see the support for Steve and hope you will be big enough to realise that this was a mistake.

11. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    So FFS make it clear what it is really about.

Steve lost your number - PM it again and let me know your feelings - I am 1000% Marc has spoken with you - just want to make sure you know we're right behind you :):):)

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Very possible, happened to me several times before with British humor.

It is easy for Steve, he is back as soon as he explains his post and we get to the bottom of his negativity towards me and FerrariChat.com.

Actually, I want to get to the bottom of negativity of UK users towards me in general. I think it is uncalled for and I feel most of you are just *******s towards me. I don't have problems getting along with any other users, so I want to get to the bottom if it is just a few bad apples we need to clean house from or something else.

It may be a chicken or egg question, I may have battled one UK user and that's all of a sudden when the rest of you became *******s.

I don't know, but we need to get to the bottom of it for the benefit of all.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Manu has not named anyone in particular, but in general thinks the UK forum can be a mess.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Cool. Tell steve we need to talk offline. rlay -at- ferrarichat.com

15. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Rob,

I have no Prob with you and on many many Fchat rideouts /meets/ Trackdays etc ive only heard good things said about you... Maybe someone is making unnecessary waves here?

In the Uk theres a saying "Loose Lips Sink Ships" and this is very true!!!!

16. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    The offending comment was a throw away one, not aimed at you personally. IIRC , no -one 's ever met you . For all we know you could be 6' 8" ;) I'm 5' 6" , BTW

17. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Calling us all B A S T A R D S ISNT GONNA HELP YOUR CASE ROB!!

18. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Well surely that is something that could have been explained to the mods - Graham and Stig and they could have dealt with it alot more tactfully - i.e. one thread at a time.

BTW - Did they have any say in Stevef's ban or was that a unilateral decision - as if I need to ask :(

19. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Thats a nice way to talk about his UK customers Is it not us that buys his Tubies

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Cleaning up the UK forum and improving good karma coming from UK users.

21. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    I think the problem with the UK forum is over moderation and not understanding your customers. The british always rebel against being told what to do...thats just who we are.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It was A S S H O L E S !

Is that better? :D

23. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Now we're getting somewhere. Manu's upset cos Steve champions Capristo, which Steve has every right to prefer. Hell, i wish i'd bought a Cap instead of a Tubi . This doesn't present Scuderia Systems in a very favourable way at all.....

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    UK Mods had nothing to do with this.

UK Mods were notified about the concerns Manu had.

25. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    SAME STILL DEROGATORY AND INFLAMATORY