steve f's ban and your choices... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

steve f's ban and your choices...

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by rob lay, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    So Rob why can't you conduct a poll - which encourages your silent majority to stop lurking and if you so desire gives weight to the sponsors vote - as being the equivalent of 10 or 20 subscribers votes(as long as its sensible).

Then we would all see what the perception really is of the UK forum and any particular individuals.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Another user by PM...

I know steve f has his fan and hate club. We'll hopefully have a good talk and everything will be cool for all.

3. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Rob,

You mentioned in the beginning of this thread that 'this is a test of steve and users in the UK section', which to me implied that our response would impact the outcome?

Can I suggest we have a poll asking what the UK users would like the outcome to be, ranging from immediate reinstatement to 2 month ban. Is it possible to restrict 'pollers' to UK registered users only? This would at least gage opinion.

Thanks,

Marc

4. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    great minds think alike, and it would appear ours do too.

5. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Rob,

After your last "mis-judgment" of the UK sense of humor, I was hoping you would have learn't. If you recall, I was the one who (a) re-started the closed thread of a couple of months back, but also (b) appologised first for any offence caused. You in return appologised to me for the drunk slur and to my other UK f-chat friends for various insults and for getting it so wrong.

Your manner after the last spat was far more relaxed once the air was cleared and you "promised" to let us be, admitting you found us a strange lot. So what has happened that has brought you back all guns-a-blazin? The inane twaddle that stevef spouts (along with most others, self included at times) is hardly cause for the action you have chosen. I havn't heard any anti f-chat on here, so is the "negativity" you reffer to just you imposing your view on all aspects of our lives and thoughts?

Having met Manu from Tubi, he seems like a laid back kinda fella to me and not one to be too precious about minor issues. If you have been keeping an eye on here, you will recall "Jas348" inviting everyone here for a blast through some tunnels in Kent. Why did he do this? Because he'd just got a 348 and put a TUBI exhaust on it, which he'd heard about on this website.....are you starting to understand...?

Rob m8. It isn't an easy role you have, we all know that. But putting your biggest pair of butt-kicking boots on every time, where the "loafers-of reason" would have done the job far better, does not help matters.

Kind Regards.

Richard

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't see any reason for a poll. You can always word a poll to your favor, you don't want me writing the poll and I don't want you doing it. :)

Reason we don't need a poll is simple. There are two issues… steve and I can work out things offline. For the quality of the UK section you can discus among yourselves what can or can't be improved. I have suggested to the mods creating some sub-forums because of your high traffic. Would that clean things up? I'm still concerned about much of the crap I see posted, but we can talk through that.

7. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

well i am going to stand up and be counted. I have enjoyed my time on F-Chat and made many good and dear friends.

Steve can wind people up but he does this with good humour and having met him several times i can assure you he is a true gent.

Rob, we in the uk are a great nation and steeped in great tradition. I will not accept you calling me or others on this site asholes.

This is just typical of the American way ' start a battle without understanding what the fight is all about'.

Its been great chatting with you guys and meeting with you at places like Le Mans the Factory and others. BTW Rob at these events and others i and many others have promoted your site through the wearing of F-Chat T-Shirts and verbal recomendation. So whilst Manu pays you we also have done a lot of unpaid networking for your site.

So as they say its good bye from me.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    steve is the only one that can shorten his ban.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Confirmation from Manu and other UK users that I wasn't alone in my concerns.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You misunderstood. I said there were *******s here, which is true. I did not call you one.

Bye,
    rob

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I'm still very concerned that your biggest sponsor is being seen [ rightly or wrongly] to have influence over how you administer this site...

13. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Rob, I'd like to also say that your job in administering this whole site is a hard one, however in this case I have some things to point out from a paid up member:

1. Stevef is a high contributor of not only the UK section but US
    2. This country is a democracy which means we are voting for things we want, so lets have a poll please
    3. Yuo have stated quite clearly that you are unhappy at a spat at you personally, so do as we do and take it offline and not effect the whole group
    4. As a moderator I feel you are using your powers without a fair vote
    5. I don't see why a sponser should be influencing your moderating, he's paying for advertising not a PR man
    6. I'll be the first to tell you that my missus would love you to ban me so I'll pay her some attention, and I ain't the only one

So all in all I reckon the ban should be lifted cos if I were Fitzy I'd not call you either to grovel for my membership back I'd go somewhere else as there are lots of other places, and if he goes we'll most likely follow in true british stubborness!!

Actually I'm with Stew, ban me too......I'm not gonna be touted like that either

Paul
    CUE99T

14. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Well said Stewart - before we all fall on our swords can we agree that we will meet again, don't know when, don't know where, but I know we'll meet again ONE SUNNY DAY - ON PISTONHEADS

BTW Stewart

[size=+6] I LOOOOOOOOVE YOUUUU BABY!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    FerrariChat.com is a business. Best thing that happened to users two years ago were subscriptions so that some users were my customer too.

Money aside I believe if you run the community bottom up and listen to the users, the outcome will be the best. It is important to recognize not only the loud minority, but the silent majority.

16. sparticle

sparticle Karting

Oct 25, 2005
    Lincs, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    "It may be a chicken or egg question, I may have battled one UK user and that's all of a sudden when the rest of you became *******s."

Actually you called all of us *******S !!!

17. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Thats Correct!!!!! :-(

18. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Hey Guys

Have you ANY IDEA how intimidating it is to post in the UK section - with the near certainty that you will be flamed, ridiculed or have the thread hijacked or filled with inane rubbish.

Well if that is what you want - fine.

But don't blame the rest of us when we just lurk and the the list owner decides to wield the big stick. I'm not saying Rob is right or wrong in the way he has done it - but please don't speak on my behalf and say everyone is happy with the way things have been.

And I know I speak for many more.

Diving for cover - which is a real shame!!

And BTW - I only posted this because TonyH told me I should speak up.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    1,500 Ferrari UK users. I know not everyone is an ******* and only a percentage of the users were involved with that.

20. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Can anyone ban Rob for being naughty?

21. sparticle

sparticle Karting

Oct 25, 2005
    Lincs, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    A simple sorry would have sufficed :)

22. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Yes your 34 contribution too! So whats the prob?

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hmm, with several users inferring from that quote I said all users were *******s, I might just go one better and question your intelligence. Now the couple of you really have something to be mad about. :)

24. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Whats happened to the moderaters this evening have they no say in this debate with RL I suppose we are on our own Thanks Guys

25. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    quick, quick, ridicule him

Jokes aside Francis, you can I believe ignore certain users posts (I haven't used this feature, I like the drivel) and once you get used to it the banter is quite fun to take or leave. I can usually tell from the title and first couple of postings in a thread if it is a worthwhile read..have to say the banter threads (ufo, thanks) do make lunchtimes more fun.