Stig drives SF90 | FerrariChat

Stig drives SF90

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Divexxtreme, Jun 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Likens it to a 458.

SeattleStew, JJ77, REALZEUS and 3 others like this.
  2. 250boano

250boano Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2022
    Europe
    Full Name:
    DD
    Excellent review - the first I've seen where the reviewer isn't trying to be a contrarian and harp on about how it feels "soulless" or "disconnected". Have a look at the chap's face on the passenger ride...a car that can do that AND wears number plates. Extraordinary.

cesman, JJ77, REALZEUS and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Exactly. First review that says exactly what I feel after 3k fast miles as an owner of this exact spec of car. I remember saying it felt just like our Speciale (not Pista, which feels different) in the early review I posted - I’m not going mad after all, which when you listen to so many negative views makes you wonder if you really are. I think this is why so many owners who have driven this car quickly have raved about it despite those with either no or minimal seat time wanting to conclude it’s a bad car. It isn’t, it’s genius.

cesman and REALZEUS like this.
  4. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Such a beast of a car, privileged to own one!

5. KZEVO

KZEVO Karting

Jul 25, 2021
    I wonder why the other journalist have criticized it so much. Is it perhaps a combination of reviewing pre-production models and their bias towards hybrid. I think that was the case with CH having reviewed a pre-production model. I Could be wrong. Regardless, this review felt refreshing and objective.

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Or lack of skills. Even Collins, "The ex Stig", seemed overwhelmed at times.

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Not sure it’s that, these guys are super-talented behind the wheel, especially Ben Collins and even Chris Harris. I think it is some inevitable prejudice from the early ‘serious’ journalists who press departments tend to look to for opinion. Ben Collins is not a journalist by trade and is probably more able to give a view without any editorialisation. The early question the world seemed to want to answer is “should we welcome hybrid cars” and if anyone is the benchmark Ferrari is so the first Ferrari PHEV was perhaps evaluated with that thought in mind. Ben Collins just seemed to be evaluating the car as a car or driving tool, not as a genre. Either way, his experience was exactly what I have concluded, albeit without the driving skills he has. He never mentioned lap time or said if he would prefer a non-hybrid so stayed out of the ‘politics’ of it all. Bravo and exactly the right approach. The SF90 is a brilliant car and that’s all there is to it. Whether it’s better or worse than this or that is not really relevant. It doesn’t really have any direct competitors like he said.

350MH83 likes this.
  8. KZEVO

KZEVO Karting

Jul 25, 2021

Review from EVO. Interesting observations as they tested the nonAF version during the COTY earlier in the year. Regarding the time, does anyone recall if the pista was on cup 2Rs like the SF90?