Stock 360 exhaust question. I'm baffled. | FerrariChat

Stock 360 exhaust question. I'm baffled.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 4RE Bob, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The stock 360 exhaust has some sort of baffle that opens at some RPM. What causes it to open? Is it mechanical (pressure) or electrical? Any downside to going to an aftermarket exhaust (like Tubi) which doesn't have such a baffle?

2. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I can't answer your technical question. You also don't say what year your cars is but, tubi will void your warranty. Check with your dealer first. Cheers

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I find that hard to believe. Ferrari of San Francisco, which is the factory-owned dealership, will install Tubi on new cars. Seems unlikely they would do that if it voided the warranty.

Gary

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The source is electrical, the actuation is vacuum.

Sound (as in too much).

5. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The car is a 2004. It is to be delivered next month. I doubt that it will void the warranty, as the dealer is offering it to me as an option. (The dealer also says that Tubi builds the stock exhaust as well.)

6. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob

7. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    This has been covered before, but, FNA has issues with Tubi being installed. MOST likely, the dealer that installs your Tubi will fail to mention the exhaust being on the car, if there is any sort of wty. issues.

That being said,

Tubi DOES NOT build the factory exhaust system. They do however supply some very nice parts to some Formula Uno teams........