Stock Market | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stock Market

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WILLIAM H, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I just need to get myself a PDA with internet connectivity since at work we are blocked from using online brokers. Yesterday i could have done quite well day trading a few stocks. When the market changes a good investor will change there stratagy to maximise the earning potentials. I mostly short term trade over long term and i can say that once the market settles down there will be profits o plenty for the taking out there even with this massive down turn my portfolio is 6.5% larger now than the first of the year. it just takes research and patientce.

One thing i have found is that EFT are a great choice over Mutuals since they can be bought or sold real time instead of at the end of the market session. They also return dividends and they have no load fees, lower management fees, and no penalty for dumping them off before a set date. once the markets go back on there upward trek i will be also adding a few EFT to my portfolio.

Rob

2. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    This sounds like a Templeton quote.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Personally, I don't pay much attention to the daily stock market. It's just noise to me. I'm more clued into opportunity costs of private alternative investments. For example, I have owned some slimly grimy Exxon for years. During the 90s, it was a dog compared to all the hot dog stuff. But after the dot.bomb bust, my boring Exxon doesn't look so bad.

But my real risk capital is in private deals. Granted, most deals don't pan out, but the few that do more than make up for the losses. I agree with Jim. Place your money on the markers that you know and understand versus getting involved in the wall street buzz.

Then again, this is just me. I have had clients make fortunes playing the markets. I have also had clients lose fortunes....

Dr "White shirt and skinny tie" Tax