Stolen 458 | FerrariChat

Stolen 458

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dorin Candea, Feb 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dorin Candea

Dorin Candea Rookie

Oct 10, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dorin Candea
    I am looking at a one owner 458 that was stolen 4 years ago ( and returned to owner) vehicle was towed , no accidents , low miles
    Question is , how does a theft report affects the sale of a vehicle ?

Thanks for your feed back

2. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Same as an accident on the carfax, people take 10-15 percent hit on value or just have a bear of a time selling at all.

Nobody wants to explain storied carfax when its time to sell.

3. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    You will end up paying more than for the saving later when you sell.

4. Dorin Candea

Dorin Candea Rookie

Oct 10, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dorin Candea
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Buy it, drive it, enjoy it (maybe even drive it like you stole it, that’s a lot of fun), but if you are buying ANY car and worrying about future value, unless it’s a total special limited competizione super stradale version, forget it..... cars lose money.... only the most special limited production cars really maintain or rise in value. Your average 458 is just that, a multi-thousand produced sports car, very very good, but one of thousands. I had mine, I made money when I sold it, but only because it was the perfect storm for selling one, with the turbo replacement announced people hankered for the aspirated V8....... a very limited opportunity to make money. On the whole, the cars will slowly depreciate. They are definately better than many for depreciation, and of course, if you have 30 years or so, you will see the values begin to kick back up when it becomes a ‘classic’, but for the next few years, just buy it already. A stolen recovered car is nothing to be scared of, it’s still a fantastic handling, sonorous, amazing car, and you are buying it cheaply..... screw depreciation, go pick up some girls and scare their panties off!

Brad Sterl likes this.