Stolen car...please help | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Stolen car...please help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Matt LaMotte, Nov 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Just curious... has anyone ever posted on F-chat from the Slammer?

2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    where do you think I am posting from?

3. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    You couldn't pay me to be a cop. I would get so pissed off sorting through everyones BS. What a waste of time.

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
  5. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    #530 Insurancefraudinvestigatr, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    I wouldnt know. What I do know is that I was told yesterday that the case against me has been dismissed. For those of you who didn't rush to judge me and offered some helpful advice...thanks. People like you are the cornerstone of whatever is good about america's justice system. The rest of you who rushed to to judgement and kept looking for me to be guilty of something really need to work on that knee jerk "Jerry Springer Showist" perspective on life. You guys represent the worst of America.

6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I don't think many people here thought you were guilty.

Just stupid.

7. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    Okay, I just stumbled on this thread and I've got to say F-Chat people are some of the most sinister in the forum world. I've just lost like 2 hours of my life reading this thread and some of you guys are both brutal and absolutely mindless.

Why is Ra stupid Korr? He happens to be married to someone involved in an auto theft case and he loosely fits the description of the culprit. After meeting his accuser, his accuser instantly realizes that Ra is NOT the bad guy. OP/accuser then comes on F-Chat and publicly apologizes to Ra and admits to everyone here on F-Chat that Ra is NOT the guy in question.

All of a sudden everyone comes out of the woodwork demanding Ra begin an investigation. He's been told he needs to question his wife, talk to the police, and post to F-Chat from jail where he belongs with the rest of the scum of the earth. The only thing this guy did wrong was be married to someone for 22 years who MIGHT be involved in an auto-theft. Why should he be responsible for questioning his wife? Where are the police? Why haven't they already taken the wife's ledger?

Let's look at this from Ra's point of view. Leads a respectable life, has a large family ... finds himself on Crime-Stoppers TV one day for what reason he has no idea. Cops blunder the entire thing and it takes apparently days if not weeks to figure out that he is NOT who the OP thought he was. His daughter finds this thread on F-Chat (embarrassing in its own right) and after he comes here to clear his name, NO ONE gives him benefit of the doubt. Reading through this thread over the past 2 hours I've had to cringe at some of the accusations and wording in some of these posts to both the OP and Ra.

Some of you people are truly vicious. Sounds like the real "Blunder" tag should be stapled to the police department for what they've done and not done so far.

8. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    F-chat viscious?

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

9. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #534 Sfumato, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Initially many here were helpful. The longer the thread went, the more BS flags went off. Do you really think PD's, DA's, attorneys work as described here?
    Please. How old is this thread? How idiotic is it to sell a car this way?
    Sinister? Brutal? Mindless? GMAGD break. Whole thing stinks, and why would some moron come post here about it?
    BS, poseurs, and morons all meet with ugly ends on every board. The fact this idiotic thread has run for what, nearly a year?
    You find it today, and you're the arbiter?
    I only look in for the compounded idiocy, figured there would be some new twist of BS. Found your comments instead. Not even aimed at me, but I know a lot of guys in here well, Korr included, and they don't hammer people that don't beg for it.
    You want merciless (and hysterical), check out http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256232 .
    Some guys from a Vette board came looking for a BS meister. This is more of same, and many of the people who tried to be helpful early on have had it.

OP has not posted since #288, 7/28/09. Last on FC 8/20/09.
    Insurance whatever posts 7/27/09, day before OP leaves.
    IP of insurance boy matches another troll from board.

So get off your judgemental high horse, pull your head out, and see what is really happening in this thread.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Spring Cleaning time

Anyone want to update this dreck?

11. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    ya,matt,ins guy and his wife,all went to fed prison for stupidy,,i can't beleive i read all 27 pages of this crap

12. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    (1) Insist on filing a police report and reporting the car as stolen.

(2) File formal claim with insurance company

(3) Contact a lawyer to handle dispute with insurance company.

(4) Make sure lawyer has knowledge of "civil theft" statutes.

(5) The car has to be registered somewhere. Certainly, a PI could locate the vehicle as the registration would be a matter of public record.

How did you convey the title if there was still a lien?

13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #538 sparta49, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
    Did you read any of the other posts in this 27 page train wreck ?

Also why do y ou think the car has to be registered somewhere?? If some would be willing to steal acar this way do you really think they would have a second thought about stealing plates for the car ?

14. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #539 DrStranglove, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. zxttfan

zxttfan Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2009
    St. Louis
    Any chance "James" is from Dallas and likes 348's?

16. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I was just thinking about this thread

17. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    Anyone have cliffs notes on this one?

18. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  19. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I had forgotten about this one! WOW I bailed after reading 3 or 4 pages when this first happened but I had a bit of time to kill on SUPER SUNDAY so I read all 28. We really get some whoppers around here.

Matt is still active here I think. WTF happened with this? Did anyone go to jail? Was the car recovered? Did you end up paying it off and now have the title to a car that doesn't exist? Are RA and his wife still married? Does he get to visit her in prison? Does she do Notary work for the Warden like Andy Dufrein did in Shawshank?

So many unanswered questions.

20. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Damn, I was just thinking about this post the other day, wondering what were the results.