STOLEN F-355 CHALLENGE IN NH | Page 2 | FerrariChat

STOLEN F-355 CHALLENGE IN NH

Discussion in 'New England' started by KEVYKAT, Nov 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brb426

brb426 Rookie

Nov 1, 2005
    I just heard the Ferrari has been found all in one piece. I was wondering if you have been down to the storage unit where it was located. I have a friend who had a high end car stolen from the area and was wondering if you seen anything.

Please respond thank you

2. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Well, they busted the guy running the chop shop. I find it highly unlikely that they did not recover all the cars they found there!

"Hey Frank, let's return this nice Ferrari to its owner, but leave all these other cars here and go get some donuts, whatcha think?"

3. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    Hey Everyone:

Thanks so much for your support throughout this ordeal. I will be writing a complete story (OK, actually Dennis will be....) on all of the issues that have circled on this car. It may supprise many of you.

Good news is I saw the car late yesterday. some light body damage, of course dash damage and such. A complete bummer is that this punk stated to the police that he is a better ferrari mechanic then all the rest, so he decided to dig into the motor.......this is confirmed by the fact that things are missing on it..........My concern is there is now significant oil (blue) smoke on startup and I do mean lots of it......I put a call into Tirell and am waiting for a return so we can discuss it.....just another thing to fight with the insurace company about (again, youall can't wait to hear what i've been through....)

Another note is that this ********* is actually a member of Ferrari Chat!!!! He stated so to the police.........Makes you want to be more careful about what you say on here and in providing personal/phone/email info..........

A last note right now is that i need to find some sort of a storage container to put the car into while it sits and waits for the trial. The police indicated that this could take significant time, so they want to move the car out of the police station to another "secure area", but it is outside, so they have charged me with find something to put the car into while it is under their control. As such, Pods does not allow cars to be put into their trailers, so does anyone know of such a container and how quickly i can get it to Merrimack??

Thanks

Andy

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    What??? The accused is/was a member of F-chat?

5. Eddie@CavallinoModels

Eddie@CavallinoModels Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    THAT IS REALLY MESSED UP

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Andy,

I'm very pleased you got your car back. It is disappointing to learn the guy was here, but it doesn't surprise me. Do you know his SN?

Why does the car need to stay in storage until trial? Can't the police / states attorney just take pictures and evidence for what they need and release it?

This could take a long time..........

Good luck

7. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    yea, he was braging to the police about being on the list and watching the events unfold........I'd think that the admin of F-chat should know where the guy was coming from........i'd love to hear from him/her!

it's up to the court system/attorneys as to when the car will be released, but the said to expect 2 months min, up to one year...........

8. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hello Andy, congratulations on getting your car back! Regarding storage, I believe the car will fit in an overseas storage container. These can be purchased or rented relatively cheap. I have used AEL Mobile Storage Group located in Newbury, MA. Good Luck!

9. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    think of it this way. your car will be safe, and you have free storage :D. I am very happy for you that they found the car

10. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Wow, am glad they found it... and sorry to hear it has some troubles. Look forward to seeing it back on the track where G-d and Enzo had intended :)

A non-tracked Ferrari seems so... wasted in the USA.

11. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    ending for the owner and the car...you beat the long odds on luxury car recovery that is for sure...any tips would be helpful.

12. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    To tell you just how difficult this is becomming, the insurance adjuster is refusing to tell me when he is going to go look at the car...........says i can be there, but he won't make an appointment, as he says he doesn't know when he is going, and wont call me to let me know when...............anyone know of a really really mean attorney who deals with this type of stuff?????

andy

13. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Andy,

A lot of adjusters are just contractors for the insurance company. I'd call your companys agent and complain and tell them you expect professional service. Also, don't you want this checked by a Ferrari dealer service anyway? I doubt any std. adjuster is going to be able to be accurate at all.

14. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    He actually works directly for the company Encoumpass in Boston., but would not give me his boss's phone number, saying he does not know it..............not much bigger of a jerk could exsist.........

15. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Thats the crystal meth talking, too bad the car thief can no longer read this thread while Bubba is on top of him cruising the hershey highway.

16. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.

Are these the numbers you have?

1-800-262-7255
    Fax Number:
    1-800-724-0700

Local Telephone:
    617-706-2000

Sounds like they are going to be a problem.

17. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    yea, that's them (I have been talking to a claims chic, who has been presenting herself more honestly - or showing a good show) So i guess i gotta go out and find a pitbul attorney.........just wasting more money.......

Oh well, at least i can see the car..........

18. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Stay positive..........

19. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Andy I actually had a guy come to my house one day asking about the car. Let me try to find his business card.

20. sprbxr

sprbxr Rookie

Jun 2, 2005
    If anyone knows the car owner or the owner of the shop it was stolen from, please have them contact me. Three Porsche owners including myself were victims of this guy and I would like to cooperate in putting this guy behind bars. Fortunatly for us, we lost cash not an irreplaceable car. Please contact me via phone or email at [email protected]. He currently has various Mail Fraud complaints against him.

Justin in VA
    804 873 4600

21. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Andy, I know this car as well as anybody...I built it! If I can be of any assistance in this matter please let me know right away. P.S. I found an old Tommy Hilfiger team shirt in my basement. I'd like you to have it, (or perhaps your lovely wife would like it, she'd look better in it anyway!) conatct me.

22. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #47 enjoythemusic, Feb 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    MOST impressive! Wow David, you really are THE MAN!!!

BTW folks: David works for KTR European and has been AWESOME with my 308 and is doing a great job with her. i'd be lost if it wasn't for David's help, knowledge, and care. Many thanks David.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    I saw a follow up on the news at noon today about this guy. The cops found a chop shop in Billerica with tons of parts - mostly Subaru and Porsche which this guy seemed to prefer.

Good riddance to this bozo.

24. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    Just got back from putting the car into secure storage. The cops showed me his ebay/internet activity..................said to watch the news on channel 7 (boston) tonight....someone please record it for me

Thanks

andy

25. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Channel 5 just had a good 3-4 min. segment on it. They showed the Staties snapping open the storage container that had Andy's car. This guy is gonna get it up the azz.