Stradale...get a stripe or no? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stradale...get a stripe or no?

Discussion in '360/430' started by tubeguy, Jun 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. young-nyc

young-nyc Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bayside, NY
    Full Name:
    Young Kim
    It ultimately depends on your taste.
    To me i like subtle sports car sex appeal...and i think the Rosso Corsa is enough for that. Adding the stripe to me is too much...although getting one wouldn't hurt either. =)
    Either way it looks good...but you have to ask yourself, do you want your car to be stealing attention...or grabbing attention?
    I would take the former.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Well, I'm getting this car as an interium car. That is, because my car money is now locked up in a stock deal (long story), I need a one to two year "gap" car until I can cash in my chips. Quite frankly, I hadn't thought about a Stradale, but when the slot opened up, I couldn't help myself. I don't think that it will depreciate much in value over the next couple years. But I am buying "resale red" cause I want the car to be liquid. Plus, I'm told that I also need to get the stripe for resale value.

Funny thing is that the sales manager is making a bet with me. You see, I'm actually waiting to see how the Maranello replacement shapes up. He is betting that I will not want to sell after I drive the Stradale for a while. He says that it is the best street Ferrari that he has ever driven. We'll see, eh?

Dale

3. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Yes, I never looked at a vehicle as an appreciating asset. It's nice if you can get one that won't depreciate that much. I'm for the stripe if you think it'll make the car more liquid, but it's just not for me. I suggest you put some hot girl in the picts when you sell........ seems to work for a few grand..lol

Let me know how you like it.

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Dale,

This post is just to get 100 posts. How do you guys get 2300+ posts! I want to buy my way out of karting.

5. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    That is most likely Rossa Scuderia in the literature. They are close enough that the camera will lie. So whattya think about the two colors?

I like both...but will probebly got Rossa Corsa. May the only guy that owns TWO CS (720) can pipe in.

I had a yellow car..for some reason it encouraged people "wanting to derag" at every frickin light.

6. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Sounds exactly like mine, and I hope you're not into too large a bet man. Even if you are, you're also going to have a LOT of fun.

I spent ages agonising over the stripe but I'm glad I've got it. It's the Stradale signature and a pretty classy item. While I liked the flexibility of a sticker, it won't bear close scrutiny.

Rosso Scuderia has more yellow in it than Corsa and is *much* brighter. Suits the car.

I had a CD/radio put in mine because I was told it would be good for resale. It's a bit crap to be honest, but contrary to expectations, I'm glad I did since I have used it while stuck in traffic.

The line got drawn at sat nav.....

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Dale - sounds awesome

8. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    #33 watt, Jun 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    it's hard to tell from the picture, but i *think* the color in the various ferrari brochures is "rosso scuderia". you should contact your dealer and confirm that in fact your car will be rosso scuderia. although rosso corsa looks fantastic almost every red ferrari you see is rosso corsa. rosso scuderia is the color ferrari paints their formula one race cars and they made this color available for stradales (and enzos). it looks great and it's relatively unique. then throw int he stripe and you really have a special car.

10. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    get the stripe!!!!

it's a must

11. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Dale,
    Congratulation! Does this mean the 550 is leaving or are you starting a collection? The Porsche and now this....it's good to hear things are going well. I personally don't like the stripe but I don't think it looks bad either. If you like it definitly go for it or you know you will regret it later. Some people have said there is a sticker stripe you can apply if you think you may want it taken off someday. I know this is a long shot but if it is being built in October is there any chance it may be in New Orleans? I'm dying to see it...feel free to bring it on over to Pcola anytime!!!

12. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    stripe////////////////

13. udalmia

udalmia Guest

must have stripe! and no sticker shizz, it does not look the same close up!

14. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    gotta do the stripe! I've yet to see a picture that does it justice. The stripe is beautiful in person.

Congrats in advance Dale! Exciting stuff.

15. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    The Stradale without the stripe is like a race horse without its true color. It is a must.

16. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The Stripe is a must imo. It looks fantastic and is the signature of the Stradale as Kevin so rightly put.

The question of fake or real is difficult. In photos they both look identical.

HOWEVER...

When you look up close and run your finger over the stripe on a real one, you can't feel the stripe. I did the same on the new Renault Clio with sticker stripes and you can feel the raise. So much so that the car i looked at, at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, had chips in the stripe where kids had tested it.

www.andrewrixon.co.uk/stradale.mov

Download the above movie. Kevin (456mgt) and I have a chat about the stripe at the start of the movie. Basically we say its a lot of money, but when compared to the price of the car its not a huge increase.

Summary - GET THE STRIPE (and Rosso Scuderia)

17. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003

Rico, the url won't open

18. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I like the stripe! on the rossa scuderia.

Robb Williamson

19. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    I may go Rossa Corsa with the stripe...I like Rossa Scuderia too...but the redder red is to my liking. Yikes...I don't know.

20. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i have rosso scuderia with stripe. my friend just picked up his new stradale and it's rosso corsa with a stripe. we both live in the pasadena area. he's out of town until the end next week. if you'd like i bet we could make arrangements to all get together so you could see both cars side by side. PM me and we can work out the details :)

21. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ

I saw a Rosso Scuderia CS without the stripe parked to a car with the stripe, the stripe just finishes the cars overall exterior so well..It delightfully compliments the overall look of the car. Can you get a sticker version of the stripe from the factory, any ideas on the cost...?

Jaz.

22. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal

I will PM you. I leave for a trip on the 9th though, and have to finish this now. So what is your thoughts on the comparison corsa/scuderia?

23. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    After looking at a rossa scuderia with stripe I decided its the only way to go. Mine is currently on the boat......just a few more weeks and my new baby is here!!!

24. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i think my friend joe gets back from his vacation in the next day or two. i'm sure we could arrange to all get together to do a side by side comparison well before you leave on the 9th. let me know.

i've owned two rosso corsa 360 modenas. loved the color. but you see rosso corsa a lot. the way it's been explained to me is that ferrari would not paint their road cars rosso scuderia because that color was exclusive to their formula one race cars. but when they announced the challenge stradale and the enzo they decided to make rosso scuderia available. not sure if this is true or not, but i've never seen rosso scuderia on a ferrari road car so maybe there is some truth to it? regardless, rosso scuderia looks fantastic ont he stradale...especially with the stripe. but i hope that most people opt for a different color so my rosso scuderia CS will be all the more special to me :)

25. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Well, I'd estimate that 2/3 of all Stradales are Rosso Scuderia.
    I'm pretty sure at least half are.