Stradale Mirrors, It's here!:) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stradale Mirrors, It's here!:)

Discussion in '360/430' started by hotcello, Dec 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    ???

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    You'll need to have a re-application of the clear film protection (bra) if you wanted to fit the stripe.

The installation was done professionally by a Ferrari garage. My car now has too much done to list everything but the important stuff like the full Stradale suspension is fitted now too (Titanium springs, uprated flamblocks, uprated rear anti-rollbar and suspension computer). Also had the valve timing reset to Michelloto engine spec and with ecu remap, strad CF airboxes and maf's I am aiming for 430-440bhp on 99 Super unleaded Octane fuel. Also I'll have lost more weight than a factory Strad did, easily past 110kg's (I'll show the exact gains soon as I've weighed absolutely everything to the nearest gramme). This includes such things as -40kg's loss from a full Titanium exhaust system and ti bypass pipes, stripped out carbon interior including -20kg cf strad seats, -5k strad door cards, carpets stripped, the lot, a -10kg race battery, plexi-glass rear nulder lid, read underbody diffusers, full cf engine bay, cf kick plates, 360 challenge car carbon fuel tanks, 360 challenge underbox with naca ducting, etc, the list goes on and on.

Unfortunately most Strads only came with around -80kg's weight loss because many owners specc'd them back up to include a stereo and speaker boxes. Also side window plexi-glass wasn't even an option in some markets including the US. Carrying a passenger and some fuel in a Strad and your back upto the weight of a euro spec Modena :( Thankfully the suspension is 20% uprated so it still feels great even without the full quotient of weight loss.

IMHO its the suspension and the strad's Pirelli Rosso tyres make the biggest difference to performance, even beyond the small-(ish) power increase. Be very careful, take this concept too far (like I have) and its cheaper to have just bought a strad in the first place. Only reason I didn't was I wanted a manual vs an automatic, oh and a little matter of that I'm twin turbo-ing mine to 600hp.

Good luck!

Trev

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    pls dont add the stripe :)

4. Valence

Valence Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris& Brian Coffing
    You might want to check with the US patent office on that as I'm pretty sure Ferrari was granted a Design Patent on the F430 side mirrors (specifically). Aren't you glad I'm telling you before you start making them?

5. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I will say you are crazy but it just meaning envy. Please let us know the performance specs when you are done. The biggest problem for me with this car is the F1 shift, it looks cool but it is way too slow. I still have my e46 M3 SMG II and it is almost twice as fast on the shift, I guess that is why you did what you did to yours.
    Well, if you are ever selling, I am calling Dibs NOW!! don't forget:)

6. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny

+1

7. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    You may want to take it in and have it reflashed, ive driven F1 and it felt faster then SMG?!

Ken how are you doing man? Nice car congrats. BTW the Strad stuff looks AMAZING, obviously since my next is a Strad and it's just too gorgeous, hope to meet up sometime this upcoming spring/summer ;)

Martin

8. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I have already checked with the patent office and the only design patent I see for Ferrari is for the 599 Front Bumper. If you know any other way to look them up other than the uspto.gov I would be interested in knowing.

9. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hey Martin, Thanks man, love to meet up with you and your GT2. I think the Strad might be the best looking car around but I love the interior of this car (red stiching and inserts). I should look in to that reflash thing, this car is an 02 so it should have the updated TCU but yeah, it's way slower than my M3 on the shift. When summer come, you should test drive both my M3 and 360 to see if I am crazy.
    so, any strad in sight yet? keep us posted.

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I agree; stripe and the appropriate wheels. It's like your wearing loafers with a jogging suit. Gotta go the whole ten yards now...

Looks really tough!

11. hamdog

hamdog Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2005
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Hamdog
    The biggest problem for me with this car is the F1 shift, it looks cool but it is way too slow. I still have my e46 M3 SMG II and it is almost twice as fast on the shift, I guess that is why you did what you did to yours.

I currently own a 05 M3 SMG and a 360 F1. They both have their advantages and disadvantage but the F1 is ultimately a superior transmission on many different levels.

12. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Actually there is one, right at bentley LI... Rosso Scud with Stripe, 9k miles, I think it's the EXACT car Ferrari Of Long Island had that i went to see, hmm weird that they didn't sell it right away like they told me would happen, same mileage and so on!

We'll see, they are getting much harder to find because everyone is snatching them up, and value is only increasing so not sure whether to wait or what :/

Anyway I know the early F1 tranny's werent the fastest shifting things in the world, but they werent bad by any means, I thought it was as quick as the M3 SMG, maybe quicker, hmm!

Good luck and i'll keep you updated :) Can't wait for spring already hah!

13. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken

I think this is the one you are talking about,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-360-Stradale-F1-04-360-STRADALE-F1-Red-Red-Black-Challenge-Grills_W0QQitemZ310009623279QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310009623279

It's a beautiful car, I don't know if the price will come down anytime soon, Stradale is a keeper if I ever get my hands on one, I hear there were couple of strad crashes lately so that does no help with lowering the price. However the 360 prices has drop quite a bid, for what I paid in July for my 02 Coupe, I can buy a spider now. Oh well......

14. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Yup that's it, sat in it, started it and so on at FOLI, now its over at Champion for whatever reason, knew t was the same car by the miles and vinyl added on stripe. Gorgeous car, could have gotten it at 192, wonder how much Vinny Dell over at Champion would give it to me for, my GT2 might go on consignment with them!

15. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Awesome car!! Make sure you check out the NY section of this site :) Look forward to seeing you at some events this Spring.

Jason

16. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nice ride, love the CS parts! +1 for checking out the NYTS section, and also come over to the NYMC forums where a lot of us are and join us for a cruise in the spring!

Oh and Martin, if you need someone to babysit the GT2 for a weekend I'm your guy ;) See you tomarrow night brotha.

17. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ditto :)