Stradale or Superleggera | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Stradale or Superleggera

Discussion in '360/430' started by PsyFi, Jun 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatspeedlimit?

whatspeedlimit? Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    The V10 roar is rather intoxicating, but the Stradale is much more beautiful in my opinion. I think the stradale should retain its value much better as well....

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I went through this recently.

I originally was going to buy either a regular 360.... or a Gallardo. After driving both of those, the Gallardo was just superior in every way. So the 'G' search started. I then drove a CS...... winner. It was well worth the extra money and is just so connected to the road and driver. It is very special. Easily the best drivers car Ferrari has done since the F40. I lived with one for 5 years and miss it.

For comparison I drove the Superleggera. It is a great car, but Ferrari has hit such a home run with the entire CS package that I had to have one. And this time it isn't leaving anytime soon. :D

3. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think you're pretty wrong if you think that it's not gonna keep depreciating....

4. hifipj

hifipj Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2009
    If you actually read what I wrote, I didn't say it will not keep depreciating. I said it has already incurred most of its depreciation. And G's in general have not only levelled off regarding depreciation, the '04s-05's have actually INCREASED in asking prices over the past year. So I believe the SL will also level off very soon if it has not done already, and once it reaches that plateau will stay near the same value, much like the CS has already done.

Read carefully before you are critical.

5. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #56 Jason Crandall, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    Bingo!

I spent a year looking for the car I wanted. I looked at SL's, 430's, Murcielago's, everything.

If you want pure performance, get a 911TT. That's not to say the CS isn't a performer. I think my CS is scary fast. Way faster than I thought it would be. Smooth as can be too. I love this car. Can't tell you how many people complimented the car yesterday. I can't believe it's a 2004 model. It looks brand new. It's awesome.

CS is a classic. It's a Ferrari!!

If Lamborghini had a racing team and dominated and was on the cutting edge I could see owning one. I've just never seen the point of the company except to sell "flashy" cars.

6. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I had the CS and many Gallardo's. Not a SL but drove a buddies many many mile. SL is much faster and handles at speed better but no SOUL!. There are alot of cars faster than the CS for the same nmoney or even cheaper. Hell look at the Viper or Z06. No thank you. For me it is about the feeling you get behind the wheel and I must say the stradale give me the wood :)

7. lamborghinisown

lamborghinisown Karting

Sep 24, 2010
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Will
    so epic man :D

8. Doug_S

Doug_S Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Of two minds about the car. On that day driving five supercars for a half hour each it was definitely the most fun. It not only went fast, it really let you know it. I think the herion remark was about it being addictive to press on the gas. They told us not to open up a lot of space with the car before you just to hit it for a hundred yards, but every one of us had to do that in the Murci. Over and over.

The 430 was very refined. Having a 360 made it a less compelling experience. However, I think the 430 is more refined, usable, comfortable, etc as many have said here. Of course neither drive says much about the CS.

The Jr Lambos did not impress me. The 599GTB was so smooth, but of course a different type of car altogether.

I would not want to own the Murci because it was too much of everything. From the orange color, as I said the noise and ride, and the way you had to wrestle it around the road.

9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    just a small question....if you are not a huge ferrari guy, why do you hang out here so much?
    i know its a great site, and we are all lovely people to hang out with, but surely lambo chat has some swell guys too no???

10. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

^^^
    Gotcha....
    Thanks a lot Doug for providing some more info on your experience.

11. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010

Couldn't agree more. Fantastic marque, fantastic forum, lotsa helpful and level-headed people here unlike obnoxious fools from other marques which I do not wish to elaborate here.

12. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson