Stradale Owned | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stradale Owned

Discussion in '360/430' started by thomasmurphy, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Wow... 10 Stradales being delivered to Fchatters in a 2 month period!

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Here are users that have listed "stradale" or "cs" in their profile for Ferraris owned.

Brian C. Stradale Dallas, TX, USA 360 Modena (soon, Stradale)
    jim g Clarke Summit, Pa. '04 Stradale March Black/Beige
    JSV Cleveland, Ohio Challenge Stradale
    Stradaleman 2004 360 Challenge Stradale
    720 Los Angeles 2004 360CS estimated delivery in february
    acw 360 CS On order
    bjc138 Zürich, Switzerland F550 & F360CS
    wazza London 360 CS

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Adding to those in this thread, plus some others we know of, we have:
    Brian C. Stradale, Spyderman, Victory, WCH, MrMckay, AlbertL, Bumboola, RobinH, 720, Jim G, JSV, Stradaleman, ACW, BJC138, Wazza, ThomasB, Shackman, Dan360 (another March delivery), Fiorano, LoungeDog (April delivery), LabCars, Stradale Dan, GWat, AllanS, Yimn, ...

That's 25 and I know there's at least two I am forgetting... one an Italian, I think. That's what 5-10% of worldwide production through March represented by FerrariChat! Hmmm...

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

What about our Costa Rican brother?

5. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    don't forget gian maria. remember him? he picked up his stradale at maranello in october (the same day i was touring the factory), and he got dario benuzzi to take him in his new car for a few laps around fiorano. unbelievable!

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Right! He the one that lives in Costa Rica.

7. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003

Should we press Rob for our own forum?

8. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Starting to get really itchy feet! Spoke to my dealer today, car is being built March 3 expected completion, so it should get to me early April.

I'm trying to decide whether to get the stonegard again. I'm not sure I fancy paying to have stone chips in the stripe resprayed. But I don't like the fact that the current stuff on my 360 catches wax which makes the edge standout. Anyone w/ a stripe doing anything in this area?

9. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    That is a very good point regarding wax getting left behind at the edge of the stonegard! I was thinking of getting it installed on my car when it lands. Are you happy with the performance of it on your 360? My dealer wants $1000 to do it.

10. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Its great in the wheel arches - the paint behind the front wheels in particular gets abraded by road debris w/out the stonegard. I also had a big piece of "stuff" ping off the track at LRP which left a big streak on the stonegard in the middle of the trunk lid, and would surely have scratched the paint had it not been there. You couldn't see it once the dirt from the "stuff" was washed off. There's another thread somewhere about this, that talks about CrystalGaurd but I'm somewhat sceptical since it sounds like its just an extreme wax/polish. Vanity vs Practicallity :)

11. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i have never added stoneguard to any of my 360s. it's good stuff, but i just don't like it on the front of my car. the car comes with some kind of stoneguard around the edges of the wheel wells which doesn't bother me. as for the rock chips on the front bumper and on the lower part of the hood i just grit my teeth and look at it as an unavoidable by-product of driving the car every day.

about once a year i take my car to premier motorsport in culver city (fairly close to beverly hills ferrari) and have them do a concourse detail. it costs about $500, but they do a VERY nice job of detailing the entire car AND they do some kind of color sanding/repair work on the stone chips. it's not perfect of course (you have to repaint at well over $1000 to get perfect), but the results definitely pass the three foot walk by test :)

12. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Haing ordered the stripe, I think I will bite my lip and get the stoneguard. I have it on my 360 - bumper only and that was great. Had I not have gotten the stripe I would have done the same.

I also had it on the hood of my 996 Turbo - you get used to it. Better that 50 rock chips.

13. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    As mentioned by Brian,

I got mine in Movember.
    I was told it was only the second in the UK (how true that is; I don't know).
    Sort of makes me feel like a pioneer though.

Anyway.
    "IT'S THE BEST BLOODY CAR I'VE EVER OWNED"

Happy driving

Wazza

14. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    Wazza,

Your plate is amazing... CS02Fer

im guessing the 02 is because it is the second one in britain...how much you have to pay to get that??

15. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003

I was just lucky.
    I managed to get it directly from the DVLA( Government Licencing Agency)
    When I first heared about the Stradale a year ago and I guess I was just lucky it was still available.
    So it cost less than £500 now it's probably worth more than £5000.

Nice to get lucky occasionly

Wazza

16. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    What we normally do is to get the car EE registed in Modena. That's where the registration of cars in the Maranello region gets registered. But the registration itself takes a long time because of red tapes. My friends CS is ready for shipment sometime in January and it's been more than 3 weeks since his papers have gone to the department of motor vehicles and still no news. Our dealer has been on the line to Maranello almost every day because my friend is on his back, but still nothing!!

The purpose of the registration is to enable us to import the car under "pre-registered" and this has huge difference in the import duty. New cars are slapped with 300% import duty!!!

So I've been told that my car will be ready in March, when exactly, I'm don't know but I saw the e-mail from the factory that production on my car will begin on Feb 22nd. So I expect the car to be in the factory export department sometime in March. When it will arrive here in KL, I don't know.

And BTW we have been paying Ferrari in USD all these while. And when the Euro was cheap, we tried to convert to Euro but the factory refused. Now they want to raise the price to reflect the exchange rate, justifying it because the parts and labour are paid in Euro. We refused and so far the price has not changed. For once we are lucky.