Stradales for sale!! | FerrariChat

Stradales for sale!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Feb 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    There are a few available. I was offered one with 200 miles for MSRP a month ago. I passed on it but it goes to show that they are out there. The owner of the car I was offered didn't like it. Seems it was a little too "raw" for him. Apparently, it's not an uncommon reaction.

2. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    The Dallas dealer couldn't even get the colour right!! Stradale red ??? What is that?

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Are those two red ones the same car?

I was offered those two cars (the only unclaimed Stradales in the dealer network) when mine vanished on the way from Italy. I don't think they are indicative of a bunch of Stradales out there at MSRP... there are these two.

On the aftermarket, FML has three Stradales asking for $20K-$50K over MSRP. Wishful thinking, it would seem... but only time will tell for sure.

4. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Brian,
    can you clue us in what your MSRP is and what options you have on the car?

mMartin

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Seems it was a little too "raw" for him."

And so we keep getting bigger, heavier and more feature laden "sportscars" to appease this buyer and his ilk. I've read that some GT3 buyers also have returned their cars.

I love "raw." I'd pay even more for even more "raw."

6. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Martin, the MSRP on the CS is $193,XXX... $193,453 if I remember right.
    Mine, which hopefully will be exiting the factory any day now, has only the extinguisher, alcantara headliner, and red calipers added... $1,XXX... don't have my notes handy... total around $195K. I'll be having the dealer install StonGard when it arrives... unless I can figure out how to get the Teflon coating that seems to be available in Europe.

7. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Brian where did you get the information on Teflon coating? With my prior 360 the front end took a beating and I am considering coating my new one.

8. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Here on Fchat... a couple Fchat members have had it done to their cars... looked great. But it seems to be very localized in central Europe. To avoid getting off topic here, let's keep the teflon discussion in here.

9. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I think you're right -- we'll be seeing more of these available as many don't know just how "raw" and spartan the Stradales really are. I have a friend that may be backing out of his order b/c of the rawness. There's no point in adding carpet to this machine :).

10. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    close. MSRP is $193,324 :) i ordered a yellow stradale with black/yellow alcantara seats, an all black steering wheel with a yellow hash mark, a fire extinguisher and a battery charger. the total price was $196,091 + tax and license. the fire extinguisher was $508 and the battery charger was $849 so they apparently charged me $1,410 for the custom seats and steering wheel. i have not received the detailed invoice yet so i guess some of these figures could be a bit off :) the car is supposed to arrive at my dealer at the end of this week. we'll see...

11. 2mnyToys

2mnyToys Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
  12. jdcohenmd

jdcohenmd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    The rosso scuderia cars you see for sale are the dealer demo cars. Each dealer got a rosso scuderia without stripe with red/black alcantara. Originally they were not to sell them, but some have and it seems the rest are jumping in on it. The only other customer car for sale I have seen is on ferrarina, a black with blk/red alcantara. It is on consignment and they are asking 214K.

13. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    interesting data, jdcohen. so of the roughly 900 to be made, something like 10% or more of them will be identical? very amusing.

doody.

14. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    No Stripes
    Booooooooo

15. jdcohenmd

jdcohenmd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Doody,
    I count 29 authorized US dealers. Ask around I would be interested to hear your comments. I was going to by the demo from my dealer, they said they could not sell it. When I told them a dealer in Ca. was selling theirs they then wanted to sell it to me. I see other dealers advertizing the same spec cars. Some of them have arrangements with other retailers to sell the car above MSRP. Just my observations of the market

16. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004

Brian, what happened. The CS vanished? Stolen???