430 - Straight, resonated or high flow | FerrariChat

430 Straight, resonated or high flow

Discussion in '360/430' started by owali1, Jan 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. owali1

owali1 Rookie

Dec 10, 2017
    FL Panhandle
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Out of those three options I am looking for the best combo to pair with my Sline exhaust. Anyone know how the sound level and tone differs for each three?

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Um....what do you like? Quiet and reserved? Bipolar and trying to prove something but still like mountain drives? Ridiculously loud and obnoxious and complete attention whore?

3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Anything above a 100 cell cat is a waste of money

4. owali1

owali1 Rookie

Dec 10, 2017
    FL Panhandle
    Full Name:
    Omar
    How does the sound change between resonated test pipes and straight pipes?

5. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I have cat bypass(straight pipes) and it loud but everyone love the sound .!its not obnoxious

6. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I had glass packed resonated test pipes on my 360 and it sounded terrible. It lowered the tone considerably. Stainless wool packed would be much better. I went with 200 cell cats and got he high pitch sound back. Glass packed is for muscle cars. S-line is straight through, no sound attenuation at all. So with straight pipes it will be super loud compared to resonators or hi-flow cats.

7. owali1

owali1 Rookie

Dec 10, 2017
    FL Panhandle
    Full Name:
    Omar
    That's great info, I was curious about that. So it sounds like straight pipes or high flow for me. Are any of you all spitting fire with straight pipes? I assume the tone is the same between high flow and straight just louder?

8. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Catted mid sections also reduce drone and rasp which is good reason to keep them for the street or highway besides retaining better tone.

9. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    I have a 360 with Fabspeed headers, Capristo test pipes and Capristo Stage 3 muffler. It is crazy load!!! Going back to a gutted high flow cat, which is still loud, but with a different tone.