Studebaker Indy cars? | FerrariChat

Studebaker Indy cars?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Gatorrari, Aug 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I have been a fan of "Collectible Automobile" magazine ever since it first appeared in 1984, though it rarely covers European cars, and even more rarely race cars.

That's why I was pleasantly surprised when the new October 2019 issue appeared with a quite comprehensive article about Studebaker's Indy car program of the 1930s. After two privateer entries appeared in 1930, the factory backed cars from 1931 thru 1933, and privateers continued to run Studebaker-powered cars thru 1939.

Russ Snowberger sat on the pole in 1931 and finished 5th; Cliff Bergere had their highest finish the following year with a 3rd. And in 1933, Studebaker-powered cars occupied all finishing places from 6th thru 12th.

If you like Indy cars of the 1930s, or Studebakers, you ought to look for this issue on your newsstand.

Isobel and gt4me like this.