Stunning Space X launch tonight | FerrariChat

Stunning Space X launch tonight

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by lear60man, Dec 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Wife and I got a heads up and man.....it was epic. I got some cell pics, but this news video is better. They decided to not reused the recycled booster but you can see it spinning in the video. The sun lit it up just right. Afterword we went out to do some last minute Christmas shopping and EVERYONE was going on how cool it was. The contrail stretched almost the entire night sky.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/SpaceX-Launch-Captivates-SoCal-Residents-466022023.html

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I saw it last night driving into Tucson, AZ At first I though man that is a huge contrail then after the separation it was clear it was a rocket. Unfortunately no photos as It was in rush hour traffic :(

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It was like the launch of STS-131 I saw in person, but STS-131 was cooler imo. ;) I was watching it from the south side of the pad and it was headed north-northeast so I was facing the SRBs and main engines...it was a really wide ice trail.