Subwoofer Recommendation F430 | FerrariChat

Subwoofer Recommendation F430

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by George Moore, Nov 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Moore

George Moore Rookie

Oct 31, 2017
    Full Name:
    George Moore
    Hi guys,

Sorry completely new to the forum and am currently slowing working to repair my Ferrari - complete work in progress right now.

My middle two Subwoofers are broken and I need to replace them and as everyone knows they stock ones are horrible.

Any suggestions on a complete Plug and Play upgrade?

Are there any subwoofers that I can just connect to OEM plugs or harness without having to do some wiring?

Was looking at JL and Focal replacements however read in a couple threads that Focal are not good for the F430.

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong area. Completely new to working on Audio however have worked on alot of motors.

Thanks in advance

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    George,
    you can also have the stock subs rebuilt for $25 to $35 each...just do a google search to find places. You may have them near you. In Seattle, where I live, there are several places. But you can also pack them in a box and send them off if none are in your town

George Moore likes this.
  3. George Moore

George Moore Rookie

Oct 31, 2017
    Full Name:
    George Moore
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I am in Hong Kong. Otherwise this whole process would be very easy.

Hence wanted a direct replacement for the spaces and subwoofers.

The dont like working on Ferraris over here in HK for audio. lol

4. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    Hello there mate.

I went for a JL Audio 8". I tried the 8wL but it was far too deep the magnet is a beast. I had a guy called Mike off this forum build me a sub box in the US and tailor it with genuine Crema Leather and ship it to england for me. If you search the forum for F430 Custom sub boxes you might be able to find him and contact him. I was going to use an amp (I will when I get around to sorting out the Pre Outs from the factory amp) but all the wires on the back of the Upgraded Hi Fi amp are identical so finding a strong enough feed for the amp was almost impossible. Instead I connected the normal speak cables direct to the subwoofer and put the "fade" setting on the Becker to 6 Rear (one step from full rear) and turned the LOUD function on. Then when you crank the volume up the majority of the sound comes straight through the subwoofer. Ideally if you add an in line passive Low Pass Filter you'll get a crisper sound out of it (ideal since it's about 20" from your head).

Hope this helps dude, message me if you need any more info.

5. George Moore

George Moore Rookie

Oct 31, 2017
    Full Name:
    George Moore
    Hi bud.

Thanks for the reply. I actually ended up going with the Morel Hybrid 602 with all other Morel Components, new amp, JL Bluetooth. Hoping it sounds good.

6. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    Drop us some pics when it's all installed!

7. George Moore

George Moore Rookie

Oct 31, 2017
    Full Name:
    George Moore
    Sure will do ...

8. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
  9. George Moore

George Moore Rookie

Oct 31, 2017
    Full Name:
    George Moore
    Just an update for u guys... the new audio system sounds great. Much improved over stock and just needed to install an additional amp. Also installed Bluetooth to connect with my phone.

Will post photos soon.