Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection | Page 79 | FerrariChat

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lm_spot

Lm_spot Rookie

Jul 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Loris
    The #7 was sold to someone, he registers it CIA 4 (like an F1 GTR LT) then sold without the license plate

2. I cannot put the photo when it is in the garage the person who takes it does not want it but there is a public photo where we see it when it leaves the garage on the road (above)

3.I can put the spider posters but they are not finished

If you have better photos or other information that would be a great help. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-A217F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

marcospace likes this.
  2. Lm_spot

Lm_spot Rookie

Jul 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Loris
  3. MisterX91

MisterX91 Rookie

Nov 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Olivie
    afiqmeister, marcospace and willcrook like this.
  4. Henry Evans

Henry Evans Rookie

Dec 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Henry Arthur Penson Evans
    Hello all,

Longtime lurker here, I hope this isn’t too out there and is relatively on topic. I’m sure some of you have seen the reports about the stolen modified James Bond DB5 that has supposedly been tracked down to the Middle East. Now when I was told about this I instantly thought it would be in the Brunei collection and while I know this isn’t in the Middle East as the reports all claim they do discuss it being in a collection of 4000+ cars of which there can’t be many other than BRF. Am I drastically wrong in thinking it could be a possibility, does anyone have any info whether it is and if it’s not any ideas which other Middle Eastern royal family (I assume) it is likely to be with.

Linked are a few of the articles about it if you haven’t read one already:
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/missing-bond-car-£18m-aston-martin-db5-reportedly-found

https://news.sky.com/story/james-bonds-missing-aston-martin-db5-could-the-24-year-mystery-of-the-vanishing-goldfinger-car-finally-be-solved-12385097

I hope this isn’t a poor post and I’d be really interested to hear people’s thoughts on it.

5. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    My money would be on SA, because if it was one of the others, they would probably just say it instead muddying the water with the other ones listed. Regarding Brunei, I just don't think that is their m.o. Although stolen art gets sold all over the place, we know there's an especially big black market in the ME and SA has the most money, so make sense to me it would end up there if I had to pick

Henry Evans likes this.
  6. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    some incredible cars he's got there, but also some real turds....

7. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    you can't tell me that the majority of those cars aren't dying over there...

456-boy likes this.
  8. alexabsolute

alexabsolute Rookie

Jul 18, 2013
    It seems very hit and miss, a lot of the blockbuster cars have been kept in a reasonably well state, it's mostly the lower end stuff that's been left outside, the complex itself looks very overgrown as of 2020, their P1 recently made its way to the UK and ive been told is in remarkable condition, as well as other cars that have left over recent years

marcospace likes this.
  9. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I'm guessing that yellow f50 is a repaint.

10. jjsander

jjsander Rookie

Feb 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joel Sander
    So i heard rumors that somebody flew a drone to the glass house and posted the footage somewhere.
    Can someone confirm?

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Pininfarina did 42 of the 456 models in various versions. They were supplied with an automatic transmission before the Ferrari 456 automatic version came out. They didn't like the Ferrari factory automatic and requested the Pininfarina transmission calibration for all those 456 models supplied to them. The factory air conditioning was modified for them to.

marcospace and Victor33 like this.
  12. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
  13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    What is the Longtail version of the Dauer?

14. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    They are called LM actually. They had different bodywork compared to the normal Dauer 962 they also might have been a bit longer i think? The one in the picture is GT001 not sure what happened to it but the other other two LM are the race cars which where at le mans at 1994.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I originally believed hat this was a another Dauer but actually it is the silver one (non lm) i thought that it was in light blue and had some stickers on it but i was mistaken. The picture was a bit bad quality so i was confused that it was maybe a 6th Dauer but actually not.
    The original picture with 09R
    Here its rear is shown a bit confirming that its actually silver and not light blue
    And here what it looks from the front aka chassis 151
    And here's a small comparison between the normal Dauer 962 (up) and the LM (bottom)

marko.urbac, BJK, Victor33 and 3 others like this.
  15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Damn. I never knew that!! Thanks for the lesson. I love the Dauer but had no idea!!

16. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    There are some mistakes/wrong information here...

The silver Dauer from Brunei is a standard 962 Le Mans! It can be easliy identified by looking at the rear wing closely.

That sole longtail version is the ACO homologation road car called 962 GT (as per respective Porsche documents) and not LM! It was necessary so that Dauer was able to enter his cars in the GT-1 class - rather than the LMP1/C90 class - as per ACO's 1994 requirements for the Le Mans 24h.

It is furthermore not a seperate built/new car...they just mounted the needed bodyparts on an already existing Dauer 962 LM in early 1994! It is not quite clear what happened with the car after 1994, though the respective and unique body panels are in the US as of at least 2010...

17. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
  18. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    For those interested, the latest issue (#9) of The Road Rat magazine has an article on Prince Jeffri.

19. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Thanks for the heads-up, I just subscribed !
    It looks super cool albeit pricey.

20. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    There are two silver GT Venice Estates that have lived fairly well known lives in London. One had 'escaped' the collection, and the other is still owned by the BRF, and has returned to Brunei in the last few years.

My theory is that the former owner of the black 288 GTO erroneously thought that 1 XO was a Brunei number plate and bought the 'matching' plate, 3 XO. I might be completely wrong there, particularly given the 1 XX plate on the Sedan.

21. Mark Blanchard

Mark Blanchard Karting

Nov 26, 2020
    UK, Oxfordshire
    Full Name:
    Mark Blanchard
    I used to see that Dauer being driven in Jerudong, not far from the polo club, on its way to RBPC 5 garages.

track and marko.urbac like this.
  22. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Do you have any more anecdotes to tell us? Maybe even photos...? :D
    I've been quite vacant on Fchat lately... I wanted to post more stuff, especially about the GTO EVO, but haven't managed to do. :confused:

marcospace and Mark Blanchard like this.
  23. Mark Blanchard

Mark Blanchard Karting

Nov 26, 2020
    UK, Oxfordshire
    Full Name:
    Mark Blanchard
    Once I was driving on the empty Muara - Tutong coastal road at 70 mph, and heard a roar was over taken by a Bentley Java going around 180 mph. Nearly jumped out of my skin. I’m guessing the mechanics were giving it a blasts. It looked super cool.

Citronella, marko.urbac and track like this.