Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    See my post #135. Are you sure?

2. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the cars weren't/aren't being sold by brunei or the sultan. they were seized by a bank.

the cars are not being brokered together, they are simply being sold off discreetly to collectors who know their value. if the cars were all dumped on the market at the same time, the values would be far different. this has been going on now for about four years, when the sultan went into receivership based on the failed business ventures of the brunei goverment and ventures of jefri.

3. sircarlosyepez

May 28, 2006
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Carlos Daniel Yepez
    Wow, now thats news to my ears. Is the bank who seized the cars selling them off or is through another venture?

This is by far my most favorite post on F-Chat !

4. chilidog

chilidog Karting

Aug 11, 2006
    Not only was there the Venice 456 variants , there were also 456 night vision cars , so they could drive the cars at night with no lights on, also built by Pininfarina they had head up displays and a screen where the speedo would have been ,they were also matt black.
    Also many of the ferraris had special glass in them there was mirrored, dark,black black and clear. i spent many a night with the Pininfarina boys changing glass in certain cars because the prince wanted to drive the blue 550 with black glass, not the red one that already had it.
    We had to brake this glass to get it out and at a cool £250.000.00 a pop it was expensive and more often than not after spending most of the night changing the glass the car would still be there in the morning !
    another little story later.

5. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Probably not all the cars are RHD.

and FOUR Bugattis EB110... I simply want one of them!

6. Citronella

Citronella Karting

Jul 15, 2006
    Silverstone
    Full Name:
    Citron Ella
    Indeed you know too much to be a bullsh**** as your vehicle vin listings are fairly complete, and you certainly lifted that list while no-one was watching(tut tut but i cant blame you) but cant recall doing any glasswork other than a particular location in Bucks or at Jerudong, would be interested to hear some of your stories as the Pininfarina crew are quite close knit!

7. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    So you're saying that the Brunei government or the Sultan or Jefri actually owes money to a bank? Did they actually borrow money for these business ventures? I'm sure they didn't borrow money to purchase the cars. Additionally, how did the bank actually seize the cars? Wouldn't security have kept that from happening, or were they given up willingly?

8. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes, i believe the banks had quite a bit of money invested

9. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    What I like about his collection is it just isnt cars but fourwheelers and street bikes as well. I cant imagine seeing a king riding a superbike to risky.

10. mc_blue

mc_blue Rookie

Sep 17, 2006
    Sorry to bump an old thread.

Hi all - I'm new to the forum and have always had this fascination with the Sultan's car collection. It is just the mystery that surrounds the whole story - only very few grainy pictures of these cars.

Looking at the list - in particular at the Bentley and RR sections there are many cars I'm not familiar with. We've all seen pictures of the Dominators, B3s & Javas but what about the Camelot, Phoenix, Imperial etc. Does anyone have any details on these models?

11. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    I've read threads on Fchat for 3/4 years now, but I've never posted... untill now.
    This was one of the coolest reads ever. I love the stories about the Sultan's collection. Esp. from 2 guys who've actually been there en worked there.

@ mc_blue, I think I've got scans of a Bentley Buccaneer you made. Is there any change you could scan the entire article where you got those pics from?

Btw I can't put these coordinates in google earth, does someone knows how to do it? 4 57 1036 N / 114 50 1867 E

12. chilidog

chilidog Karting

Aug 11, 2006
    #187 chilidog, Sep 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi you just type the coordinates into the section on the left and click on go.
    I hope the picture uploads ok.

Eric

(1 of the blokes who used to work there)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

rajaramsivasankar likes this.
  13. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    #188 richardowen, Sep 19, 2006
  14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Based on Testarossas (iirc). I have pics of 2 at home, a blue one and a green one

15. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    #190 basman007, Sep 19, 2006
    Hi chilidog

I've searched for it manually using the coordinates and I've found it. I want to ask you a question. Could you tell me if you recognise the places where these pictures were taken? If so, could you mark them on a screenshot from google earth?

Thanks,
    Basman

rajaramsivasankar likes this.
  16. PeterKrieg

PeterKrieg Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    Poland, E.U.
    http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4634e365365ema8.jpg

17. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  18. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'm interested as well.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    1995 McLaren F1 GTR chassis #9R

20. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    DO you have more pics of the F90!?!? Can we see?

21. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    Thanks for reviving this amazing thread! :) How could I have missed it?

Lots of great info on here and how neat for everyone to share....especially to those who were actually there!

22. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Sweet justice IMO.

Karma? ;)

23. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    They are at home (i'm at college), i'll post them at the weekend

24. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #199 SefacHotRodder, Sep 19, 2006
    Found them. The green one was posted here before and i hadn't seen it before that and the blue one is on some poster, which is interesting because i have no idea how it got on there and i've never seen any other pics of it.

EDIT: Not sure about the green one actually. I guess its just the convertible version but it looks different from the blue coupe

25. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    I've never seen the pic of that green one. And yes, it does look different from the red and blue one. Not only because it's a convertible, but the lines of the car are different too.
    According to that database list that is posted a couple pages ago, there are 6 F90's. I wonder what versions and colors they are.

Edit:
    @ chilidog, do you have any pictures from the garages in Brunei? And what can you tell us about the different F90's? Thanks in advance.